Transfer targets (29 Viewers)

Chris1987

The risk with big ego's is that it disrupts the current set up. Thing is, someone of Willocks quality it could be worth the risk. He would start over Palmer for me.
I'm pretty sure that the coaching team would control his ego.

PVA

Willock is a great player, but I’m wondering if this hybrid AM/ST player might be more of a younger development signing for less money than an established player like Willock?

I just think we have Palmer, Sakamoto, O’Hare and Allen already (admittedly the latter two aren’t fit at the moment), but if we sign another then you’ve got 5 players for what is often just 1 position, sometimes 2.

Seems like a lot. I know O’Hare is obviously going to be introduced back very slowly, and it would be a nice selection headache to have compared with the back end of last year when he had zero AMs fit.

San Francisco

Willock is a great player, but I’m wondering if this hybrid AM/ST player might be more of a younger development signing for less money than an established player like Willock?

I just think we have Palmer, Sakamoto, O’Hare and Allen already (admittedly the latter two aren’t fit at the moment), but if we sign another then you’ve got 5 players for what is often just 1 position, sometimes 2.

Seems like a lot. I know O’Hare is obviously going to be introduced back very slowly, and it would be a nice selection headache to have compared with the back end of last year when he had zero AMs fit.

I think it's more to do with the fact we need a 4th established ST for cover.

slowpoke

Robins doesn’t shy away from signing what in his opinion are better players and playing them.

It’s up to those not in the team to win their place back in the team.

PVA

Robins doesn’t shy away from signing what in his opinion are better players and playing them.

It’s up to those not in the team to win their place back in the team.

Yes I fully agree.

I just think with another established AM we’d be overstocked in that area with 5 players fighting for 1 or 2 shirts and might have to sell someone (probably Allen, of that list).

San Francisco

Yes I fully agree.

I just think with another established AM we’d be overstocked in that area with 5 players fighting for 1 or 2 shirts and might have to sell someone (probably Allen, of that list).

I sense that Kelly, Allen and Godden will be moved on by the end of the season so finding replacements this month or January would be wise.

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

I sense that Kelly, Allen and Godden will be moved on by the end of the season so finding replacements this month or January would be wise.

Allen signed a new contract last season to 2025 - Robins values his energy so can't see him going anywhere

PVA

Allen signed a new contract last season to 2025 - Robins values his energy so can't see him going anywhere

So that's 2 years left on his current deal. Not an insurmountable hurdle to a transfer if it came to it and certainly wouldn't be an issue this time next year.

If we signed a new AM that's 5 for that position and of those 5 I think Allen would be the prime candidate to leave, if anyone was.

covcity4life

Think they will be moved on next summer but can't see it this season. Allen's and Kelly just signed new contracts.

Oh as I wrote this I see you mean end of season..soz

shmmeee

Kelly and godden have a year left anyway
Allen won't be got rid of.

Think the only players we'll keep on after this year will be Hamer and O'Hare if they're willing. I expect Fadz, Kelly and Golden to all be let go barring a miracle season from them.

This is the next two years, quite a few in 2025 who are likely not to be renewed too, might mean we cash in next summer:

Rus - 2024
Fadz - 2024
S Moore - 2024
Hamer - 2024
O’Hare - 2024
Godden - 2024
Kelly - 2024

Cashman - 2024
Costello - 2024
Lusala - 2024
Obikwu - 2024
Bell - 2024

Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025

Allen - 2025 +1 yr option

larry_david

Think the only players we'll keep on after this year will be Hamer and O'Hare if they're willing. I expect Fadz, Kelly and Golden to all be let go barring a miracle season from them.

This is the next two years, quite a few in 2025 who are likely not to be renewed too, might mean we cash in next summer:

Rus - 2024
Fadz - 2024
S Moore - 2024
Hamer - 2024
O’Hare - 2024
Godden - 2024
Kelly - 2024

Cashman - 2024
Costello - 2024
Lusala - 2024
Obikwu - 2024
Bell - 2024

Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025

Allen - 2025 +1 yr option
Rus 2025*

junglej13

We were previously linked with Rak Sakyi from Palace (who was on loan at Charlton last year). Ipswich and Leicester been heavily linked in recent weeks. Apparently Palace are about to sanction a loan deal somewhere.

Deity

Huge turnover of players next summer again but hopefully most will be fringe players by then … Ohare aside ..

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Liverpool have had a bid rejected for midfielder Romeo Lavia who plays for Southampton.

Chelsea have made a bid for Tyler Adams midfielder who plays for Leeds.

Hamer, don't want him to go, but, wouldn't begrudge him a move to Liverpool.

I think Hamer would fit in the Liverpool side quite well.

procdoc

Liverpool have had a bid rejected for midfielder Romeo Lavia who plays for Southampton.

Chelsea have made a bid for Tyler Adams midfielder who plays for Leeds.

Hamer, don't want him to go, but, wouldn't begrudge him a move to Liverpool.

I think Hamer would fit in the Liverpool side quite well.
This has to be parody, right?

Users who are viewing this thread