Transfer targets (27 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Liverpool have had a bid rejected for midfielder Romeo Lavia who plays for Southampton.

Chelsea have made a bid for Tyler Adams midfielder who plays for Leeds.

Hamer, don't want him to go, but, wouldn't begrudge him a move to Liverpool.

I think Hamer would fit in the Liverpool side quite well.
Did you forget the GIF?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Did you forget the GIF?

Mood Fuck Off GIF by Katie Price

usskyblue

Godden is being criticised for missing the shed Load of chances. That’s what he is paid to do in the team, covert them .

I fuckinggetit but it doesn’t mean he had a bad game, or isn’t good enough. He worked hard and got himself into some great positions. On another day the match ball is on his mantle piece. He’s snatching at chances, which is not just a confidence issue, it’s something he can work at in training.

larry_david

I fuckinggetit but it doesn’t mean he had a bad game, or isn’t good enough. He worked hard and got himself into some great positions. On another day the match ball is on his mantle piece. He’s snatching at chances, which is not just a confidence issue, it’s something he can work at in training.
For me it was the first game in about 1.5 seasons he was actually involved. That alone is an improvement. Just a shame he fluffed his lines...4 times

Tea & Busquets

Willock would be a great signing right now, if QPR aren’t willing to sell then I’d take Emeran. Next season or January Id like to see Godden replaced with someone like Lyndon Dykes, Tyrese Campbell, Sam Gallagher, or maybe someone from abroad.

Martin180

Kelly's gone from key part of our playoff push last season to has-been in this season in what, 25 mins of play?!...
He wasn't to blame for yesterday's defeat , there were others more culpable
He was way off the pace and didn't really add anything centrally when it was needed

Perryccfc

I actually thought the left footed effort when he was in on the GK was actually a very good save rather than a bad miss. His connection with the ball was good and he was going high to the near post, more often than not that probably finds the net.

Deity

The issue for me with Godden is that work rate aside his contribution to the team is limited. His lack of pace, physique, skill mean defences find him easy to defend against. His biggest assets have been his movement and his finishing. Over the last season or so we have seen his finishing get worse and defenders catching him up even after his movement has initially beaten them .
Players like this HAVE to score goals to justify their place in the team, without them they don’t offer enough.

slowpoke

Going to be interesting to see what Robins does regards the strikers with Walker & Waghorne gone he needs another and possibly Godden could go too, there have been rumours. We have Taveres to come back and possibly young Obikwu but I expect at least one more to come in.

Deity

Going to be interesting to see what Robins does regards the strikers with Walker & Waghorne gone he needs another and possibly Godden could go too, there have been rumours. We have Taveres to come back and possibly young Obikwu but I expect at least one more to come in.
Based on Robins most recent comments we will only recruit another out and out Striker if Godden leaves …. Otherwise he’s after the 10 / Wide player to give us more tactical variety

Brighton Sky Blue

Based on Robins most recent comments we will only recruit another out and out Striker if Godden leaves …. Otherwise he’s after the 10 / Wide player to give us more tactical variety
Wasn’t Saka signed to be that type of player?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
When he comes in for Sheaf it makes less of a difference as their styles are similar. Think people just see the massive drop off when Hamer comes out.
Yer, particularly when the opposition midfielder is Dewsbury-Hall.

Hobo

I actually thought the left footed effort when he was in on the GK was actually a very good save rather than a bad miss. His connection with the ball was good and he was going high to the near post, more often than not that probably finds the net.
Agree, the keeper made two very good saves off Godden and ok he scuffed a couple. But you can't score unless you are getting in the positions to score. Godden will start getting goals if he keeps playing like that.

Some people expect perfection all the time, which is totally unrealistic.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, the keeper made two very good saves off Godden and ok he scuffed a couple. But you can't score unless you are getting in the positions to score. Godden will start getting goals if he keeps playing like that.

Well by definition if he keeps finishing like that he won’t score.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’ll be more frank. I don’t think we can trust Godden to bury chances in the way we could in our first Championship years. That was the one thing no one could dispute about Godden.

It could just be confidence or he’s deteriorating as a player. If it is true that we want another striker, then Godden is in a race against time for form otherwise he won’t be getting minutes.

Hobo

I’ll be more frank. I don’t think we can trust Godden to bury chances in the way we could in our first Championship years. That was the one thing no one could dispute about Godden.

It could just be confidence or he’s deteriorating as a player. If it is true that we want another striker, then Godden is in a race against time for form otherwise he won’t be getting minutes.

I don't disagree with fact he is not quite the player he was and will probably more of a squad player this season. I would think Simms and Wright will be the first choices. But I still think with who we actually have at the minute Godden is still a good option to have. I think another striker will be signed before the deadline to add to the options

Deity

Wasn’t Saka signed to be that type of player?

This. Plus at the end of last season teams largely ignored Godden as a threat and double marked Vik. It made Vik less of a threat but Hamer stepped in to the space created and added goals to his game.

This season we won’t have Vik, we might not have Hamer … That’s why Robins has spent the big money on Simms and Haji … he knows we need more goal threat

fatso

Gallagher has been quoted at 5 million
Thank god he's been priced so high, I wouldn't want him here, his strike rate is worse than Godden's and he's less mobile.

I think we'll bring in another striker with pace, probably on loan, and hopefully the new striker will form a partnership with Wright.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't disagree with fact he is not quite the player he was and will probably more of a squad player this season. I would think Simms and Wright will be the first choices. But I still think with who we actually have at the minute Godden is still a good option to have. I think another striker will be signed before the deadline to add to the options

In theory, Godden makes a good backup option.

In practice, he doesn’t really fit into our style of way. He doesn’t have the physical attributes to get impact the game and more worryingly, his confidence in front of goal seems to have taken a knock.

In the right team, Godden could do really well which is why I think if a team gave us a decent offer, I’d consider selling up.

covcity4life

Thank god he's been priced so high, I wouldn't want him here, his strike rate is worse than Godden's and he's less mobile.

I think we'll bring in another striker with pace, probably on loan, and hopefully the new striker will form a partnership with Wright.
And Simms? What happens to him?

Mucca Mad Boys

And Simms? What happens to him?
Judging from what MR has said he’s looking for, it won’t be an ‘out and out’ striker but someone who can play as an AM/wider so we have a viable option for the box formation.

Morgan Whittaker, annoyingly, would’ve been an ideal type of signing.

Users who are viewing this thread