Transfer targets (28 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

As he’s out of contract in the summer maybe it’s more likely we just sell him even if he only goes somewhere on a short term deal.

I was still holding out hope he gets back to his best and signs a new deal but if he wants to go then we move on. I’d hope we get at least a little something for him if he left in Jan though

I sort of agree that if O'Hare is set on going there is little point in working hard to reincorporate him into the team, it'd be a shame if his career here ends like that but time moves on I suppose

The Philosopher

It is a tricky one with O’Hare,

Play him and he plays well, a biggish team will come in and pay him a big sign on fee if he sits it out until his contract expires. Or, his agent can demand a big sign on fee from us plus big wages to stay.

Don’t play him, and I can’t see many biggish clubs wanting to take a risk on him because, who knows, he might never be the same.

The miracle would be that we play him and he rips the league and we go up, then he would probably stay. (But then after signing a hefty contract do his other ACL knowing our luck)

Hincha

Doesn't fit the system in a 4-3-3 so doesn't work out badly if he isn't going to sign the contract.

He is a great player to bring on when we need to make the midfield more attacking so makes sense to keep using him as an impact sub for the rest of the season.

Although Palmer could play the impact sub role and will probably be here next season so may be the priority. In which case O'Hare may get the Rose treatment, which would be a shame after all he has achieved with us.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not heard anything on this O'Hare loan

Have been told though that if he hasn't signed 9n the dotted line come first week of Jan, Doug will be saying he can go for anything around the 2 million mark.

Suppose thats better than fuck all we will get in Jan

Latest i have is hes not going to sign. Hes seen how much money his mate Gustavo gets for eating kebabs and getting pissed while playing for a bag of shit club and he wants a piece
Can't see anyone willing to spend £2m on someone out of contract in 6 months, who has barely played in a year and not proved his fitness.

But if he definitely isn't signing a contract, then I guess having him leave in Jan would at least save us a decent amount on wages we could use towards the Hamer replacement.

Brighton Sky Blue

Can't see anyone willing to spend £2m on someone out of contract in 6 months, who has barely played in a year and not proved his fitness.

But if he definitely isn't signing a contract, then I guess having him leave in Jan would at least save us a decent amount on wages we could use towards the Hamer replacement.
Well they would if he looked the business and they wanted to be sure of getting him. He looks miles off it at the moment though.

wingy

Doesn't fit the system in a 4-3-3 so doesn't work out badly if he isn't going to sign the contract.

He is a great player to bring on when we need to make the midfield more attacking so makes sense to keep using him as an impact sub for the rest of the season.

Although Palmer could play the impact sub role and will probably be here next season so may be the priority. In which case O'Hare may get the Rose treatment, which would be a shame after all he has achieved with us.
You say that but from a perspective of already being on his way it doesn't feel like a big deal.

SkyBlue_Bear83

After of all the build up and anticipation of when O'Hare is back and it's all a bit anti-climatic if this is how it ends.

Lad must still be gutted the Burnley move fell through 18 months ago

hinckley cov

Yes, that is a possibility, but equally I think he can sign a pre-contract with another club in January to leave on a free in the Summer, and just play out the season with us. Either way it will be such a pity to lose a player that's been so influential in our success these last few years, in such circumstances.
I he signed a pre contract with someone I would leave him in the u21s

Deity

We want to build the foundations of a team we own so that next summer we don’t have to have wholesales changes but a few additions to continue to improve us

Ohare won’t be here next season. I wouldn’t start him, but I’d have him on the bench.

His agent and him want to use us to pay him to get fit so he can get a lucrative move away. We should therefore only use him when it suits us. Neither appear bothered that he didn’t earn his money for 12 months

seems like a good lad but business is business.

if only using him as an occasional sub means he doesn’t quite get the lucrative deal he wants then so be it.

Tea & Busquets

Love what he’s done for us but it’s time to go. Would cash in on him anything north of £2m rather than lose him in the summer. Drop some bags on a couple of midfielders and wingers. Maybe 3-4 signings in the winter (not necessarily permanent) and get some defensive cover in during the summer. That Adjei lad looks good but I wouldn’t sign a CB over a midfielder or winger.

AFCCOVENTRY

People may disagree but I don’t think a prime COH is good enough for the PL at all.

I agree with you. He’s never been PL quality and frustrates too much as a player in the Championship anyway.

Look at the gap in quality between Gus and Callum as an example. Gus only managed a move to a tinpot club and will be relegated within a season.

TomRad85

Honestly think he’s got a bit too big for his boots. All the Tom Grennan stuff etc. He didn’t touch the ball for ten minutes when he came on. He’s absolutely miles off at the moment. If I were him I’d be concerned about that.
Not been impressed with our AMs this season but even Palmer who had me pulling my hair out at times has been better. That been said I'd not be keen to discard him so quickly yet. The isn't a Jodi Jones situation, O'Hare was an excellent Championship player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deity

Not been impressed with our AMs this season but even Palmer who had me pulling my hair out at times has been better. That been said I'd not be keen to discard him so quickly yet. The isn't a Jodi Jones situation, O'Hare was an excellent Championship player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He doesn’t want to stay

Skyblue Bangkok

We want to build the foundations of a team we own so that next summer we don’t have to have wholesales changes but a few additions to continue to improve us

Ohare won’t be here next season. I wouldn’t start him, but I’d have him on the bench.

His agent and him want to use us to pay him to get fit so he can get a lucrative move away. We should therefore only use him when it suits us. Neither appear bothered that he didn’t earn his money for 12 months

seems like a good lad but business is business.

if only using him as an occasional sub means he doesn’t quite get the lucrative deal he wants then so be it.
If he is not fully fit he may not receive a lucrative deal. He's understandably slower and looks like he has gained weight. Maybe a one year contract extension would suit both parties in this case.

CCFCSteve

Honestly think he’s got a bit too big for his boots. All the Tom Grennan stuff etc. He didn’t touch the ball for ten minutes when he came on. He’s absolutely miles off at the moment. If I were him I’d be concerned about that.

He did, passed it straight to their man on the edge of our area ! Seriously though, he did look well off it but then there was a couple of bits of real quality nearer the end. He just needs minutes but hard to get them in the current system especially when we need results

shmmeee

It must be gutting to have your PL move shitcanned because of an injury only to watch your two teammates get big money moves. I just think his heads been turned since then.

slowpoke

He’s not 100% fully match fit.Coming back from ACLs can take time his fitness levels will be closely monitored by the medical team. Be the New Year before he is, hopefully we are playing better more consistently and we have signed a couple of better players too. This talk of him running his contract down imo is nonsense, be a mug to do that.

Sky Blue Harry H

Honestly think he’s got a bit too big for his boots. All the Tom Grennan stuff etc

Think that's a bit of a cheap shot. He's a bubbly character which is one of the reasons we all took to him in the first place. Nobody berated him as being too big for his boots for the Sky Blue wig and the 'pump it up' stuff. Just shows his outgoing personality. I wish him nothing but well, whether stays or goes.

Brighton Sky Blue

It must be gutting to have your PL move shitcanned because of an injury only to watch your two teammates get big money moves. I just think his heads been turned since then.
It might, but no PL team will want him now, not even close. And if somehow Burnley did he’d get half a season of top flight wages before relegation would cut them down again.

A year spent getting paid for doing no work, it shows.

Brighton Sky Blue

Badly worded - he will have worked (probably harder than a lot), but nothing replaces proper game time.
In the literal sense. His job is playing football and from last August to now he has spent around 12 months not doing it. Not to mention he’s also one of our higher salaries.

BlueSkiesForever

Yeah I agree, he always seems to be giving it this and that and chatting a lot when you see him in training videos but on the pitch he just doesn’t seem up to it. Genuinely thought he looked like one of our worst two players when he came on last night. Just looked a bit clueless and barely got himself involved.

I think a mid-table championship club might try and come for him as a free agent if he doesn’t sign. If he leaves as a free after all the treatment we’ve given him not just this year but in other seasons as well, on and off the pitch, then he’s not going to go down as a fan favourite in any way, shape, or form.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah I agree, he always seems to be giving it this and that and chatting a lot when you see him in training videos but on the pitch he just doesn’t seem up to it. Genuinely thought he looked like one of our worst two players when he came on last night. Just looked a bit clueless and barely got himself involved.

I think a mid-table championship club might try and come for him as a free agent if he doesn’t sign. If he leaves as a free after all the treatment we’ve given him not just this year but in other seasons as well, on and off the pitch, then he’s not going to go down as a fan favourite in any way, shape, or form.
Doing a comparison:

Gyo ‘I’m leaving if we don’t go up, this is where I want to go so accept it’

Hamer ‘Hmmm, well, hmmm, maybe, hmmm, ah Sheff Utd in mid August? Why not?’

COH ‘Hmmm, I’ll leave how I arrived’

Users who are viewing this thread