Transfer targets (28 Viewers)

SBbucks

where did you get that from, as SBBucks will want chapter and verse proof???

I don’t want proof because I know you’re not going to get any. It just makes me laugh that grown men/women are gullible enough to believe rumours of player salaries that 14 year olds make up on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHUNT31

Why we didn’t try and sign Finn Azaz, I do not know. Based in midlands already, tested at this level and is the goalscoring midfielder we are missing. I could understand paying the £2m for him.

Langstaff had half a season in the FL and has very little resell potential. It’s just so left field of our model, even with the added funds at our disposal this year. If it does go through, I hope I have to eat my words but atm it’s a bit underwhelming.

ptr

Why we didn’t try and sign Finn Azaz, I do not know. Based in midlands already, tested at this level and is the goalscoring midfielder we are missing. I could understand paying the £2m for him.

Langstaff had half a season in the FL and has very little resell potential. It’s just so left field of our model, even with the added funds at our disposal this year. If it does go through, I hope I have to eat my words but atm it’s a bit underwhelming.

Why do we always assume we’ve not tried to sign someone just because they’ve not signed for us?

And on resale potential…it really doesn’t matter as long as they perform. Because if they don’t perform, you struggle to sell them anyway. Look at Godden, never any resale potential but his goals got us promoted and have helped establish championship status.

Ccfcisparks

Why do we always assume we’ve not tried to sign someone just because they’ve not signed for us?

And on resale potential…it really doesn’t matter as long as they perform. Because if they don’t perform, you struggle to sell them anyway. Look at Godden, never any resale potential but his goals got us promoted and have helped establish championship status.
Exactly. Do you think Leicester are arsed they got no resale value from Vardy

Alkhen

I suppose with sheer amount of goal he's scored over 3 seasons someone has to take a punt on Langstaff.

No way we can compare him with Watkins or Toney as their talents came along with elite level athleticism where as ML is an out and out poacher.

Does seem odd when we have Godden. Got to trust the management team by this point I guess and if it's a case of looking for out and out replacements for players that are aging out then he suits.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And now seeing Al-Hamadi going to Blackburn for £3m. This again is something I’d expect us to be all over.
Would prefer him to Langstaff tbh, doesn't feel as big of a risk, is younger and i believe could play anywhere along the front three so covers more positions

Evo1883

Surely the supporters trust the management and scouting team after the great window we had in the summer ?

Langstaff wether he signs here or not is a mark robins type forward .. incredible workrate and energy and can score goals .

26 isn't old either

I understand reservations sure but if he signs it's because Robins thinks he can step up

SHUNT31

It’s a fair point.

But Godden was a significantly lower fee and was coming in to be number one. I’m not convinced Langstaff will be. Unless Godden is leaving, I don’t think he offers us anything more.

Manchester_sky_blue

And now seeing Al-Hamadi going to Blackburn for £3m. This again is something I’d expect us to be all over.
Get your point but none of our recent transfers have been expected, Tats, Wright, MvE etc all came out of nowhere.

Admittedly though our track record does make a move for Langstaff all the more unlikely

David O'Day

Surely the supporters trust the management and scouting team after the great window we had in the summer ?

Langstaff wether he signs here or not is a mark robins type forward .. incredible workrate and energy and can score goals .

26 isn't old either
yeah trust the process

the amount of humble pie that needed to be eaten about Wright should make people at least give new players a chance

Kitching is anither who was "not worth the money" when he signed

Blind-Faith

Totally trust the scouting and management team, they would of surely done their homework?

Without having seen much of him, sounds like he is Godden-esque, scores goals where ever he is, fox in the box with a high work rate. We know how much MR loves Godden. So signing someone of the same ilk whose a few years younger would make total sense.

Pusb1

anyone know if Langstaff has a high press/workrate.

It’s one of the best points of Godden’s game- and hopefully he can replicate

Evo1883

Totally trust the scouting and management team, they would of surely done their homework?

Without having seen much of him, sounds like he is Godden-esque, scores goals where ever he is, fox in the box with a high work rate. We know how much MR loves Godden. So signing someone of the same ilk whose a few years younger would make total sense.

You wouldn't mind a 26 year old godden on your books

skyblueelephant76

You've picked that up from a twitter account that said Luton agreed a £4m fee for Whittaker 3 days ago and Wrexham agreed a 7 figure fee for Shankland at the start of the week - it's nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread