Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

Deity

By Alan Nixon

Nottingham Forest want their money back for Lewis O’Brien and that is causing headaches for Leeds United.

Forest are demanding that they get the cash they paid to Huddersfield a year ago and that means Leeds have to find around £10 million.

Leeds are keen on O’Brien and want to do a loan which would include a guaranteed buy if they go up.

But Forest fear that the Elland Road club will miss out and O’Brien would then return to them.

Hobo

Need reinforcements, three players ready to go straight into the first team.

Since the Hamer sale our business in the transfer market has been very poor.

It is easy to sign players, but difficult to sign the right players. We need the right players to come in, not just bodies that tick the we have signed a player box.

Houdi

It is easy to sign players, but difficult to sign the right players. We need the right players to come in, not just bodies that tick the we have signed a player box.
Exactly this, all fans from every club worldwide naturally get excited at the prospect of a new signing hoping that the player will be the difference maker. Yet 2 of our new signings have yet to figure in the Championship, our 2 new expensive strikers, (early days yes) have hardly set the world on fire and Sakamota doesn't seem a first choice.
Performances so far have been pretty decent ,but probably our best players so far have been largely, current players.

fatso

MVE is quick, he was the quickest in the Dutch league. Jack Clarke, who is no slouch, didn’t sprint past him once. In fact MVE defended superbly yesterday. He’s a work in progress but I think he’ll turn out to be class for us
He's been very good for us.
He's 22, he has come to a new country, a new language, a new league and a new team system, and yet miraculously doesn't need half a fucking season to "gel" before putting a bit of effort in!

Hobo

Exactly this, all fans from every club worldwide naturally get excited at the prospect of a new signing hoping that the player will be the difference maker. Yet 2 of our new signings have yet to figure in the Championship, our 2 new expensive strikers, (early days yes) have hardly set the world on fire and Sakamota doesn't seem a first choice.
Performances so far have been pretty decent ,but probably our best players so far have been largely, current players.
With McFadz being the only one from last season in the back three, I understand why MR hasn't chopped and changed. Don't worry about Bings he will get his chance and I wonder if it is McFadz keeping him out at the minute.

Sakamoto offers versatility in a number of positions. Da Silva and MVE look better with each game. Why would Collins be picked ahead of Wilson at the minute?

I think all our signings look decent so far and I don't think any of them are fully up to speed.. Very early days, fans need to find some patience rather than looking for the negatives all the time. We have some real mood Hoovers in our fan base.

The bottom line is we are building a team and a squad. Not every signing will be straight in the first team. But they will be judged to have development potential. We may not be up on numbers yet but we already seem to have more strength, more depth and more options and still have O'Hare and Allen to come back in.

Losing our two best players and such an extensive squad rebuild, we are actually ahead of where I thought we would be on the pitch so early in the season

Jamieb87ccfc

Don’t see Bidwell going, Robins rates him and Da Silva however good he is won’t do a full season I don’t think. Plus we need depth and that’s what Robins wants.

fatso

Don’t see Bidwell going, Robins rates him and Da Silva however good he is won’t do a full season I don’t think. Plus we need depth and that’s what Robins wants.
We need cover for Dasilva, but Bidwell isn't it. I could see him leaving to get regular game time, and another young attacking LWB coming in.

Deity

IF it’s true that Preston have come In then you have to assume Bidwell agent has told Preston that the player is open to the move.

This is typically the order of events in todays transfer market …..

Jamieb87ccfc

Bidwell was superb last season and is a solid option. He is more defensive but there will be times where you need that. He may want first team football but I think if he gets in Da Silva won’t get back in till injuries or suspensions hit.

Users who are viewing this thread