Transfer targets (17 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

MVE is quick, he was the quickest in the Dutch league. Jack Clarke, who is no slouch, didn’t sprint past him once. In fact MVE defended superbly yesterday. He’s a work in progress but I think he’ll turn out to be class for us
He caught up with him to make a great tackle from the side in the first half, he's definitely quick

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Chris1987

Very much a case of how long is a piece of string but how much money do people envisage being spent on the main midfield replacement ?

junglej13

Sam Mcallum to return if bidders is off?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
This had crossed my mind actually. Three and a half years ago now we sold him and he's never really had a look in at Norwich. I think Robins would see this as an upgrade.

Chris1987

Buying a raft of younger players in a transfer window as opposed to bringing in a load of loans has been something of a novelty in the recent history of this club. The very fact that we are expecting a few more is an additional bonus. There were definite signs of progress in the development of a few players this weekend and I'm sure that Ayari will prove to be a great success come the end of the season. I think that we are all aware that there needs to be some additions to the midfield and possibly a LCB but surely going forwards the outlook is positive. Patience is key . In Robins we trust

shmmeee

Doesn’t fit the foreign market player that @Saddlebrains has suggested we are targeting …. I can’t see us signing 2 more CM’s after Ayari

I can.

Apparently we wanted an expensive CM (Saddlesbrains' European), a loan AML/ST (I think this is Atari but more AM than ST), and a backup CM (I reckon this could br Styles), plus a LCB (???).

Then you've got Dasilva, Styles, Sakamoto who can cover left, and MvE, Sakamoto, Latibeaudiere on the right. And still got CM/Styles and Sheaf/Eccles with Kelly spare. Ayari, Palmer, O'Hare and Allen at AM. Then instead of another ST we can go to the box.

Skybluedownunder

Can we just go and pay the £3m Derby want and sign Cashin please.
Brighton rarely miss with their transfers and if they’ve had multiple bids rejected for him falling short of the requested £3m they want then they must be keen to keep going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junglej13

Can we just go and pay the £3m Derby want and sign Cashin please.
Brighton rarely miss with their transfers and if they’ve had multiple bids rejected for him falling short of the requested £3m they want then they must be keen to keep going back.

Think Derby want him back on loan for the season though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's been very good for us.
He's 22, he has come to a new country, a new language, a new league and a new team system, and yet miraculously doesn't need half a fucking season to "gel" before putting a bit of effort in!

I'll take 'thats a pop at Simms' for £100 please Clive.

mmttww

Clock is ticking, this is looking to be disastrous transfer window unless we can pull off a minor miracle
cm punk wwe GIF

Sky Blue Harry H

Each to their own but personally my favourite was when we replaced Maddison, Armstrong and Kent with Kwame Thomas, Charles Vernam and Andre Wright.
I remember Kwame Thomas winning a couple of headers. I remember nothing about the other two. It's probably the brains way of self preservation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Each to their own but personally my favourite was when we replaced Maddison, Armstrong and Kent with Kwame Thomas, Charles Vernam and Andre Wright.
I see that and raise you trying to sign someone who wouldn't even get a work permit. A bit like ignoring the big red warning that happens when you try it on Football Manager and going 'ah' when it falls through.

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Brighton Sky Blue

He's been very good for us.
He's 22, he has come to a new country, a new language, a new league and a new team system, and yet miraculously doesn't need half a fucking season to "gel" before putting a bit of effort in!
tavares.exe has been gelling for 3 years

Houdi

With McFadz being the only one from last season in the back three, I understand why MR hasn't chopped and changed. Don't worry about Bings he will get his chance and I wonder if it is McFadz keeping him out at the minute.

Sakamoto offers versatility in a number of positions. Da Silva and MVE look better with each game. Why would Collins be picked ahead of Wilson at the minute?

I think all our signings look decent so far and I don't think any of them are fully up to speed.. Very early days, fans need to find some patience rather than looking for the negatives all the time. We have some real mood Hoovers in our fan base.

The bottom line is we are building a team and a squad. Not every signing will be straight in the first team. But they will be judged to have development potential. We may not be up on numbers yet but we already seem to have more strength, more depth and more options and still have O'Hare and Allen to come back in.

Losing our two best players and such an extensive squad rebuild, we are actually ahead of where I thought we would be on the pitch so early in the season
Don't disagree with most of that, but just hope any new signings are difference makers rather than just building even more squad depth. If we sign 3 more players plus the return of Allen and O'Hare shortly, could mean some players could spend weeks with no meaningful game time. The next three months all have International breaks, plus we have no other cup competitions,
Premier league clubs with huge budgets, league cup matches and maybe tiring long distance European games, can more easily justify 24/25 squads.
Presently it is hard to see any talented young home grown prospect having any realistic chance of getting anywhere near the first team. I wonder if James Maddison was a youngster here now would he get anywhere near our first team, I somehow doubt it.

AFCCOVENTRY

Don't disagree with most of that, but just hope any new signings are difference makers rather than just building even more squad depth. If we sign 3 more players plus the return of Allen and O'Hare shortly, could mean some players could spend weeks with no meaningful game time. The next three months all have International breaks, plus we have no other cup competitions,
Premier league clubs with huge budgets, league cup matches and maybe tiring long distance European games, can more easily justify 24/25 squads.
Presently it is hard to see any talented young home grown prospect having any realistic chance of getting anywhere near the first team. I wonder if James Maddison was a youngster here now would he get anywhere near our first team, I somehow doubt it.

I think we could see potentially Moore and Bidwell go if offers come in. Some of the younger players like Howley and Rus go on loan.

Deity

If we would have done it a week ago it would have given them time to sort themselves out. Later you leave it then it doesn’t give them time to sign a replacement

True but it doesn’t stop deals happening every window ….

If Cashin is the one we want we could agree to loan him back until January, not ideal but if that’s what it takes then a good short term sacrifice.

Users who are viewing this thread