Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

The way he’s heralded as the king in Viking and the highlight reels, seems like he can pick a long range pass and potentially also play CDM if we ever need it, it’s hard to tell but it seems like he has more potential to me, and also fuck Barnsley for asking for £5m 🤣
Fan chant + highlight reels = transfer funds go brrrr? I don't see it.

TomRad85

Me on here all day hoping for an announcement of some signings but just watching people get madder and madder instead.
Internet Refresh GIF

Greggs

With big signings there's usually a clue with some plane spotters or a journalist with an exotic name. That's the worry. I can only see a last minute loan :(

procdoc

Everyone slating Kitching but he was unbelievable for Barnsley last season and is already a captain at 24 years old so he’s clearly got great leadership qualities too. Brekalo is clearly a good player as he’s a regular international and his highly rated by his club, but none of us (apart from probably @Tea & Busquets!) have seen him play

CovLad94

Don't think a midfielder will come in, I think when Doug says 1 in, probably expecting Barnsley to accept an increased bid. He's the only name that's been out there to come in, a high profile midfielder would've been stated already.

Alkhen

Whilst I understand the point you're trying to make, which is valid and as you said comes from a place of kindness, it's not helpful to tell people with acute anxiety to "just relax". It doesn't work like that. There's also nothing unnatural about anxiety, it's essential for life, it's what stops us doing dangerous shit that might get us killed. It is however complex and often illogical and we all deal with it differently.

I don't mean to preach but I speak from both my own experience and struggles with anxiety over 30 odd years and from my professional experience working for an NHS Mental Health Trust.

Good point, well made. Woke up regretting my tone in that message. Ironically I think I'm letting the vocal negativity get to me.

Jamieb87ccfc

I feel like if Bidwell goes and we sign a CB and are struggling for a CM then can see us going for Styles late on as LWB cover and CM competition.

TomRad85

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue how good or bad either are?
Tbf no one on here has seen either regularly, or perhaps at all, you can only go off reading up on them. Be happy to welcome either to the club but Barnsley are starting to take the piss.

Hobo

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue how good or bad either are?
No. But some will claim to be ITK because they have checked their appearances and watched some YouTube video.

NorthernWisdom

Tbf no one on here has seen either regularly, or perhaps at all, you can only go off reading up on them. Be happy to welcome either to the club but Barnsley are starting to take the piss.
I just find the whole Kitching's not with £4mil while Brekkalo's worth £6mil every day of the week utterly bizarre as we don't have a clue!

I mean ideally we get to find out, and really two CBs would be nice for full cover...

twistandshout

Samuel Bastien Characteristics​

+ Strengths​

Holding on to the ball

Strong

- Weaknesses​

Tackling

Very Weak

Passing

Weak

Aerial Duels

Weak

Crossing

Weak

Finishing

Weak

Defensive contribution

Weak

Samuel Bastien's Style of Play​

Likes to cut inside

Indirect set-piece threat

Does not dive into tackles

From Whoscored

AFCCOVENTRY

+ Strengths​

Holding on to the ball

Strong

- Weaknesses​

Tackling

Very Weak

Passing

Weak

Aerial Duels

Weak

Crossing

Weak

Finishing

Weak

Defensive contribution

Weak

Likes to cut inside

From Whoscored

£5m 😂

SlowerThanPlatt

+ Strengths​

Holding on to the ball

Strong

- Weaknesses​

Tackling

Very Weak

Passing

Weak

Aerial Duels

Weak

Crossing

Weak

Finishing

Weak

Defensive contribution

Weak

Likes to cut inside

From Whoscored
Harsh scout

fatso

+ Strengths​

Holding on to the ball

Strong

- Weaknesses​

Tackling

Very Weak

Passing

Weak

Aerial Duels

Weak

Crossing

Weak

Finishing

Weak

Defensive contribution

Weak

Likes to cut inside

From Whoscored
Nonsense

NorthernWisdom

Either way, three games to get up to speed or they’ll be a waste of money whether it’s 4m or 6m 😊
It seems that Kitching and Styles (actually seen him a few times and been impressed!) are already judged as poor value before they even get the chance of a game!

I mean some will have seen them and then it's great (I always said we should have signed Earnshaw rather than Haworth and how right was I!) bit it's a bit harsh to decide on a name and a trend.

Users who are viewing this thread