Transfer targets (8 Viewers)

CovLad94

Charlie Cresswell then if Adjei going there, we were linked with him at one point, and he looks to be off

Deity

Cannot see a CB at all

Why would we? We play 4 at the back, have Thomas, Kitching, Binks and Fadz

Meanwhile a gaping hole in the 8 role which has been there for months doesnt get filled? I dont buy it
That’s not what Nixon said.

He said he is aware that we are after a CD and a LW. Clearly there are deals and targets that he is not aware of. One might be a CM.

I’m also surprised at the CD suggestion but maybe Binks is going back, maybe they plan to replace Fadz now because they have identified a target they don’t want to miss out on. Maybe the CD deal was lined up when Thomas looked really poor for a short while. Maybe Nixon is just misinformed on that one.

As I said time will tell

what we do know is that we have consistently been linked with another centre half for a little while now.

junglej13

That’s not what Nixon said.

He said he is aware that we are after a CD and a LW. Clearly there are deals and targets that he is not aware of. One might be a CM.

I’m also surprised at the CD suggestion but maybe Binks is going back, maybe they plan to replace Fadz now because they have identified a target they don’t want to miss out on. Maybe the CD deal was lined up when Thomas looked really poor for a short while. Maybe Nixon is just misinformed on that one.

As I said time will tell

what we do know is that we have consistently been linked with another centre half for a little while now.
I think if we can get a dynamic midfielder there might still be a time to revert to three at the back. Seems all these centre backs we've been linked with are big, aerial types which I'm all for.

JimmyHillsbeard

got injured for the end of the Norwegian season (he last played at the end of October) and Viking’s challenge fell apart. They finished in 4th.

updates from the Slovenian press
1) he had surgery on repair to his torn stomach wall injury in November
2) he was voted the best defender in the Norwegian league at the end of season awards.
3) he might need to force a move in January (if fit) so he can play in the Euros - Slovenia are in England’s group.

glamour76

I'm not convinced on Binks in a 4. Looked good in a 3 but if we're now going forward with a 4, I could see why we're looking for another CB

TomRad85

I think if we can get a dynamic midfielder there might still be a time to revert to three at the back. Seems all these centre backs we've been linked with are big, aerial types which I'm all for.
Oh lord no thanks. Wright and Sakamoto are dynamite in this system. Would be bonkers to revert back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Cannot see a CB at all

Why would we? We play 4 at the back, have Thomas, Kitching, Binks and Fadz

Meanwhile a gaping hole in the 8 role which has been there for months doesnt get filled? I dont buy it

If Binks wants to go back and Fadz can’t play in a four then I can see it.

fatso

If Binks is going back to Bologna, and Fadz isn't going to be offered another contract, and Lats is seen as being flexible in where he can play, it makes perfect sense to look at bringing in another central defender.

However, it's the final third that I feel is our weakest link. Simms and Godden are struggling, and Wright is definitely not the answer as a centre forward (although doing very very well on the left side of midfield).
So id be disappointed if we didn't strengthen up front.

Also, with Ayari going back to Brighton at some stage, and Kelly unlikely to get another contract and O'hare yet to sign a new contract, we definitely need another midfielder.

Users who are viewing this thread