Transfer targets (14 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

I might be in the minority but I do think adding a striker is necessary. Godden is aging so we need somebody ready to step up, teams that get promoted have an abundance of firepower and I wouldn't say we quite have that in depth. He may also work off the left or right as an option should it be necessary
I thought it was only me. Getting another forward has to be the top priority. We only have four players for three positions and two of them aren't scoring or playing very well. Injuries to Wright and Sakamoto would totally derail our season.

Legia Sky Blue

View attachment 33141

I reckon if langstaff was playing for Wimbledon they'd be top 3

What's that 'There are lies, damn lies, and there are statistics' quote? Whenever I see these xg and other stats there's a bit of me that just doesn't buy into them. I am suspicious of how they are compiled, who compiles them, and the values made up to make the stats. The only real 'statistic' that matters at the end of the day is a League Table.

Anyhow in regards of Langstaff, to me he has serious Andy Morrell vibes about him. I think he will work hard, and will undoubtedly contribute goals to a point, although obviously not to the degree he has been in League 2 and the National League, and I suspect he will be in and out of the team if he signs. My father supports Notts so I have a bit of an interest in them through him and I watched their play off games last season, so have seen Langstaff play. Granted it was only 2 games, but I suspect that is 2 games more than many of our fans have seen him. Anyhow, while his goals record is hugely impressive I wasn't overly taken by his general play, and I don't think he would suit us (as a starter anyhow). Al Hamadi looks to be a much better fit to me.

That said if MR thinks he is worth bringing in, then I will bow to his greater knowledge and get right behind him. I know I can be as wrong as the next man on such matters!

baldy

What's that 'There are lies, damn lies, and there are statistics' quote? Whenever I see these xg and other stats there's a bit of me that just doesn't buy into them. I am suspicious of how they are compiled, who compiles them, and the values made up to make the stats. The only real 'statistic' that matters at the end of the day is a League Table.

Anyhow in regards of Langstaff, to me he has serious Andy Morrell vibes about him. I think he will work hard, and will undoubtedly contribute goals to a point, although obviously not to the degree he has been in League 2 and the National League, and I suspect he will be in and out of the team if he signs. My father supports Notts so I have a bit of an interest in them through him and I watched their play off games last season, so have seen Langstaff play. Granted it was only 2 games, but I suspect that is 2 games more than many of our fans have seen him. Anyhow, while his goals record is hugely impressive I wasn't overly taken by his general play, and I don't think he would suit us (as a starter anyhow). Al Hamadi looks to be a much better fit to me.

That said if MR thinks he is worth bringing in, then I will bow to his greater knowledge and get right behind him. I know I can be as wrong as the next man on such matters!

Wasn’t Morrell the countries top goalscorer or something when we signed him with 40 odd goals? We then randomly decided to eventually play him on the wing - brilliant stuff

shmmeee

Evander da Silva Ferreira from Portland Timbers 25 years is a rumour apparently doing the rounds, don't know how reliable this is. 10 million rated apparently.

Its a Cov Twitter joke. Not a serious rumour (in case you aren’t also doing the joke)

shmmeee

Evander da Silva Ferreira from Portland Timbers 25 years is a rumour apparently doing the rounds, don't know how reliable this is. 10 million rated apparently.

Its a Cov Twitter joke. Not a serious rumour (in case you aren’t also doing the joke)

TomRad85

Goodhram from Oxford. I remember reading in the summer that he's a talent worth watching out for. Thought he clearly stood out as being above his team mates when he came on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Goodhram from Oxford. I remember reading in the summer that he's a talent worth watching out for. Thought he clearly stood out as being above his team mates when he came on.

Thought the same aswell, would need to watch a lot more Oxford games to get a decent view of him. But he just looked a level above the rest on the ball. Definitely one to keep an eye on

Telfer85

Robins keeps on saying it’s up to Doug on transfers in his interviews doesn’t he? Sounds like he’s given a list and Doug is negotiating everything. Be interesting to see how this window pans out.

Deity

I think the process is that Austin identifies the various recruitment options, and King, Robins and Austin agree the primary targets. Doug leads on the material negotiations and Robins has final say on all transfers.

Robins reference to King is of course in part true but also in part a tactic to avoid more detailed questioning.

A more capable interviewer would ask questions that give Robins less easy ways to straight bat the questions.

Robins rarely gives much away and nor should he but Ine does often give snippets that as fans we find interesting … how many players he would like to bring in, loans or perm, UK or abroad, first team players or adding depth to the squad etc etc …. Historically he’s been happy to comment because it doesn’t compromise the club in terms of transfer budget, specific positions, missed targets etc.

shepardo01

Robins keeps on saying it’s up to Doug on transfers in his interviews doesn’t he? Sounds like he’s given a list and Doug is negotiating everything. Be interesting to see how this window pans out.
Yep, was very much putting the onus on Doug for us to be able to do anything.

Chris1987

I think the process is that Austin identifies the various recruitment options, and King, Robins and Austin agree the primary targets. Doug leads on the material negotiations and Robins has final say on all transfers.

Robins reference to King is of course in part true but also in part a tactic to avoid more detailed questioning.

A more capable interviewer would ask questions that give Robins less easy ways to straight bat the questions.

Robins rarely gives much away and nor should he but Ine does often give snippets that as fans we find interesting … how many players he would like to bring in, loans or perm, UK or abroad, first team players or adding depth to the squad etc etc …. Historically he’s been happy to comment because it doesn’t compromise the club in terms of transfer budget, specific positions, missed targets etc.
Thank God we now have Doug negotiating the deals.

Deity

So how do we interpret Goddens reaction ( or lack of ) to scoring and Robins comments on Goddens minutes…..

my best guess is that Godden has a possible transfer available. Robins would like to keep him but Godden wants assurances over his playing time ….

I said it in the summer and I haven’t changed my mind … Godden has done a really positive job for us but his style of play no longer suits us and we should part company on good terms ….

Today’s goals against a tired and beaten L1 team doesn’t change my view.

Mucca Mad Boys

You do also have to factor in the cost of replacing him.

You’d think the club would do a cost-analysis.

So how do we interpret Goddens reaction ( or lack of ) to scoring and Robins comments on Goddens minutes…..

my best guess is that Godden has a possible transfer available. Robins would like to keep him but Godden wants assurances over his playing time ….

I said it in the summer and I haven’t changed my mind … Godden has done a really positive job for us but his style of play no longer suits us and we should part company on good terms ….

I agree with you. I loved both of his goals as they showed real class and they were the best chances we created today.

On a side note, credit to Jamie Allen today because we looked a lot more direct in attack and helped end the game on a high. At times, it seems COH and Palmer were toying with Oxford.

Brighton Sky Blue

Then we need a replacement.

mrtrench

Maybe. But celebrating goals 5 and 6, scored late on, against a beaten side would be rather ostentatious. I think it would be a case of the futility of celebration in those circumstances. Rather like jumping around with glee upon scoring a consolation goal in the last minute whilst three goals in arrears.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Plays quite a lot, but looks like he's in & out the team a bit so maybe you are right. Still only 20 though.
20 and getting regular minutes plus performing well in league 1. Also looked good today vs very good Championship players. Could just be one to watch or could be one to try and pick up soon before others are involved. If we're trying to improve the quality of young players we bring in I don't think it's a bad shout at all.

Telfer85

Nixon now saying we are second favourites in a race for a player. As usual, doesn’t name names.
He linked us with that Nigerian defender Adjei a month or so ago. Said it was a hefty transfer fee. Leeds were in for him aswell so it could be him with him more likely to be going to Leeds I would imagine.

Blind-Faith

Just watching Cardiff v Wednesday , think Josh Bowler would be a good shout, plays wide right and attacking, good alternative to Saka

Users who are viewing this thread