Trouble after the game. (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

ok mate, i'll add this to the list of things you are clueless about

The bus company lost lots money, they don't want to do put shuttle buses on as they don't think it is worth it for them when they can still make plenty of money on normal routes

It's not about what is best for the supporters, it's capitalism. There won't be shuttle buses while they don't think it is worth their time.
😂 You make me laugh Dave.

We're talking about getting away fans away from a stadium because they are plodding around after a game.

It's not 2009 anymore. We should be making it easier to get to a game without needing to drive.

David O'Day

😂 You make me laugh Dave.

We're talking about getting away fans away from a stadium because they are plodding around after a game.

It's not 2009 anymore. We should be making it easier to get to a game without needing to drive.
And? i am pointing out why your idea isn't going happen

is it that hard to understand?

slowpoke

We'd limit it to 3000 and fill the ground ourselves.

I guarantee they would put on shuttle's then. Just like they do for other events at the stadium.
I’d like that but not happened yet, doesn’t seem to be popular with the saga crowd.

pusbccfc

And? i am pointing out why your idea isn't going happen

is it that hard to understand?

Let's just accept it then.

Others do it. Stoke, Reading, Southampton and Bristol City to name a few, but we don't because of capitalism 😂.

It doesn't need to be a matchday shuttle, it could easily be a slight extension on a bus route to go to the brand new, £1.5m bus terminal at Coventry station.

pusbccfc

I’d like that but not happened yet, doesn’t seem to be popular with the saga crowd.

It would be an anomaly if so. No other club in the PL currently has an away allocation of over 3300. Leicester was the highest previously.

David O'Day

Others do it. Stoke, Reading, Southampton and Bristol City to name a few, but we don't because of capitalism 😂.

It doesn't need to be a matchday shuttle, it could easily be a slight extension on a bus route to go to the brand new, £1.5m bus terminal at Coventry station.
FFS, are you really this dense

I am simply explaining why it is not going to happen

Fuck me you're something

chiefdave

Surely if the bus companies were contracted by the club, the stadium, CCC or any combination of the above they'd provide the service? I'm not sure I understand the insistence that they would refuse to run a shuttle service in the future.

Whatever happened to the green travel plan that was supposed to be in effect for every major event at the stadium, that just seemed to be quietly dropped.

Pretty sure we've had this conversation about crowd dispersal after a match before. The organisation is terrible and there seems little will to do anything to improve it.

SBT

Soft demand for a shuttle bus service 14 years ago isn’t the best excuse for the crap access to the ground today, when we’re likely to break attendance records at the CBS.

David O'Day

Surely if the bus companies were contracted by the club, the stadium, CCC or any combination of the above they'd provide the service? I'm not sure I understand the insistence that they would refuse to run a shuttle service in the future.

Whatever happened to the green travel plan that was supposed to be in effect for every major event at the stadium, that just seemed to be quietly dropped.

Pretty sure we've had this conversation about crowd dispersal after a match before. The organisation is terrible and there seems little will to do anything to improve it.
Because they see it as a loss maker, the council and club have no interest in funding it either.

It's as simple as that

SBT

Because they see it as a loss maker, the council and club have no interest in funding it either.

It's as simple as that
They’re still smarting from the lessons of 2009 - hopefully the Brown government will boost the economy and encourage some more investment.

David O'Day

Didn’t they put buses on for Millwall once to go to the station and the windows got put in.
not sure but if so that's another reason why national express coventry aren't going to run a shuttle service without being handsomely paid to do so

chiefdave

Always fun to go back at look at what we should have had:
Planning permission was granted originally in 1999 and was subject to extensive conditions and obligations including requirements to improve the accessibility of the site by public transport.

The obligation requires that the Green Travel Plan for the Arena addresses the following: -
  • Specification of the rail services which shall operate to the railway station
  • Provision of good coach parking facilities and access onto the highway network for coaches;
  • Provision of good public transport information through the Arena site;
  • Provision of well served and comfortable waiting areas to serve the railway station;
  • On major event days the extension or diversion of bus services into the Arena site to/from the existing park and ride facilities at Memorial Park and Courthouse Green from/to Coventry City Centre and from other areas in Nuneaton and Bedworth;
  • The offer to the public of the choice to purchase a season ticket for Coventry City football club and public transport to and from Coventry City Centre and the Arena site and the vicinity of Bedworth Railway Station and the Arena site as part of a single package.
In addition to the above the Arena must have used best endeavours to ensure that such transport options to and from the Arena other than the private car are available for public use so as to encourage 75% of visitors to the Arena to travel by means other than the private car.

The S106 agreement also contemplated that the railway station that was always an integral part of the scheme would not be available in time for the arena opening. This was expected to make only a limited contribution to modes of travel to events. However this halt will not be deliverable by the time the Arena opens August 2005 and therefore the S106 states that in the event of the railway station not opening a city centre shuttle bus operating from the Coventry City Centre and Bedworth Railway Station will be in place.
Interestingly council documents state it is the responsibility of the stadium management company to contract an operator for a shuttle bus service and also states that the granting of a safety certificate for events is reliant on the green travel plan operating as specified. That green travel plan has provision for 6K people to leave the ground via bus & coach services 🤔

David O'Day

Always fun to go back at look at what we should have had:

Interestingly council documents state it is the responsibility of the stadium management company to contract an operator for a shuttle bus service and also states that the granting of a safety certificate for events is reliant on the green travel plan operating as specified. That green travel plan has provision for 6K people to leave the ground via bus & coach services 🤔
there was never a contracted shuttle bus though, it was run by travelWM/national express on a profit from fares basis

nightowl1883

Hasn't been much trouble at the CBS since that first season back.

It's an absolute shit show for fans traveling by public transport. The train line will never be sorted so they should organise a proper bus service to and from the station.

Hundreds of Stoke fans travelled by train yesterday and none of them knew how to get home. This is a Championship stadium with 25,000 fans and there's not a proper shuttle service to town.

When the club were pushed on it, Boddy waffled about how there are a few bus routes back into town. That's not good enough. None of them go to the station. Most of them require fans to walk to Folshill Road.
Went to Stoke by train and last time i went, bus right out side the away end, all on it and directly to the station, train to Coventry was held for 5 min so all City fan could get straight on it. Well organised

pusbccfc

Went to Stoke by train and last time i went, bus right out side the away end, all on it and directly to the station, train to Coventry was held for 5 min so all City fan could get straight on it. Well organised

Yep and the for the money it may cost, it will limit police time and help stop trouble.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Sorry that sounds as though it's a sensible way can't do that.
We must spend thousand of pounds employing far more police than needed and building stations .Why can't we just get in touch with other clubs and pick the best solution? We could just run trains as advertised but I suppose some Health and Safety Issue gets in the way.They are only football supporters let them walk.

Seaside-Skyblue

When is the next fans forum? Outside of the football topics, get logistics to the top of the list those who go and can influence the agenda. Forget away fans but you'll be amazed how many home fans from outside Cov travel by train, Inc myself and it's seriously hard work. It's fine saying the club aren't responsible for it, while that's correct, I'm sure they also want to maximise profits and keep people attending therefore encouraging as many people to attend, especially on those evenings when it's cold wet and windy and were struggling at the wrong end of the table, it ought to be in their interest to try and influence the situation. If they have done everything then fine but I'd like to hear that clearly from the club.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

You make me laugh Dave.

All of those things may be true but while it is dependent on a private entity it won't happen.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Others do it. Stoke, Reading, Southampton and Bristol City to name a few, but we don't because of capitalism .

Why would Travel Coventry or whatever they're called now do anything when they have regular buses calling at Tesco a few minutes walk away?

pusbccfc

Why would Travel Coventry or whatever they're called now do anything when they have regular buses calling at Tesco a few minutes walk away?

Waited 35 minutes for one on Folshill Road yesterday. Took me to the Burges and not the station. There's no buses that go near Coventry station.

Fine for me who knows Coventry, less so for hundreds and possibly thousands of away fans trying to get to Coventry station.

pusbccfc

All of those things may be true but while it is dependent on a private entity it won't happen.

Hence why other clubs subsidise it. Gets away fans away from the stadium as quickly as possible and on their way home.

And let's not forget that these shuttle services other clubs run are far from cheap. They are around £5 and are packed.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tried getting that once and it was a bit of a nightmare. I plod down to Folshill Road and hope for the best these days.

I think the 4 runs every 30 minutes. Not enough unfortunately.
The 3 is fine if you get it from the tunnel stop. Warmer than waiting elsewhere anyway.

David O'Day

Tried getting that once and it was a bit of a nightmare. I plod down to Folshill Road and hope for the best these days.

I think the 4 runs every 30 minutes. Not enough unfortunately.
and? yet again you miss the point

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No shuttle busses, no plan or proper
communication of a fan travel plan.

If only the SAG were as in charge of this part of the match day experience, fans would be on coaches in alphabetical order before you can say incompetent!
If the SAG ran the buses they'd only let about 5 people on each one and cover over all the seats at the back used by the naughty kids.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Coming from Bedworth plenty of buses going to the game every 10 minutes.If it's a night game buses seem to go missing and been known to get home after 11.When covid was on I had an arguement with Stagecoach Transport manager about buses even pulling up at the stop with plenty of seats vacant and driving off without oppening their doors.I do think the travel situation needs to be looked at not just for away supporters .
I have long been someone who think the club should trial (subsidize at first) buses to pick people from surrounding areas after all the cost of trying to park would be an insentive for people to use them.
David O 'Day just because something didn't work in 2007 dosen't mean it won't work now.I might be worth the club talking to National Express and trial some .We have Brum here next month would be a good game to try it.

pusbccfc

Coming from Bedworth plenty of buses going to the game every 10 minutes.If it's a night game buses seem to go missing and been known to get home after 11.When covid was on I had an arguement with Stagecoach Transport manager about buses even pulling up at the stop with plenty of seats vacant and driving off without oppening their doors.I do think the travel situation needs to be looked at not just for away supporters .
I have long been someone who think the club should trial (subsidize at first) buses to pick people from surrounding areas after all the cost of trying to park would be an insentive for people to use them.
David O 'Day just because something didn't work in 2007 dosen't mean it won't work now.I might be worth the club talking to National Express and trial some .We have Brum here next month would be a good game to try it.

Yep, it's going to be fun again watching Birmingham fans, most of which come by train, trying to find their way home on a Friday.

David O'Day

The point I was making and FP made as well is that while it would be down to NXWM to arrange and run it will never be coming back as their is no financial incentive for them to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread