Trouble after the game. (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The point I was making and FP made as well is that while it would be down to NXWM to arrange and run it will never be coming back as their is no financial incentive for them to do so.
Never say never if trouble gets worse as it will if things don't alter the club will start getting pressure to do something as for no financial incentive buses run around half the day with single figures in passengers and you can fill buses before and after games.

pusbccfc

then my do you keep missing it so much?

I don't. I understand exactly what you're saying. Doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to push for it.

There's a lot of things in life that do not make financial sense.

pusbccfc

Never say never if trouble gets worse as it will if things don't alter the club will start getting pressure to do something as for no financial incentive buses run around half the day with single figures in passengers and you can fill buses before and after games.

@David O'Day correctly said they were not too busy in the very early days of the stadium.

However, whenever we've been away to other grounds, those buses are packed and cost a awful lot more than normal services.

As post above have stated, there's attempts to make the stadium more sustainable but currently most people travel to games by cars and taxis.

David O'Day

the bus companies get money anyway without the extra expense of extra buses and more staff rotaed on

pusbccfc

I think ultimately @David O'Day before you start getting personal as always. The simple fact is, we are the most difficult stadium in the top two divisions to get to via public transport. Other grounds in challenging locations like Reading, Stoke, Southampton and Bristol City all have shuttle services.

Like you say, people aren't doing it because of fear of losing money. Therefore, your only option really in 2023 is to drive or wait for a taxi. If you travel alone, you have to wait for a dreadful bus service which doesn't even take you to the mainline station.

When we play Millwall on a Saturday and Leeds, Birmingham and Leicester and there are inevitable issues because hundreds/thousands of away fans are struggling to get away, they'll maybe revisit plans.

If you've ever travelled on the train to or from Coventry Arena, you'll know just how many people are trying to get to the stadium from Coventry Station.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

the bus companies get money anyway without the extra expense of extra buses and more staff rotaed on
If by "the bus companies get the money anyway" your implying that people will get the buses anyway without putting on extra ones.The fans will end up getting taxis that stand by the ramp some of whom I have heard with my own ears being quoted way over the odds for a run to the station .Even if away supporter decide to walk out to the Foleshill Road they become targets for troubIe from our feral supporters.This is not the best way in getting them return.
Just an idea could the club not come up with a scheme where people( who take out a mortgage)to purchase a ticket for the match could also book transport to and from the station.After all these supporters be they ours or away pay the earth now.
It's about time the powers that be either bus companies police or whoever, started treating football fans better .We got treated better in 1958 when I started going up than today.
Rant over go for a lie down now.

letsallsingtogether

Never liked that tunnel after the game. Pre game its sound. After the game i leave the back of the North simtand and go over the green railway bridge towards the back of tesco, just feels safer
We just use the second tunnel little longer but no crush.

Users who are viewing this thread