Trust email (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Every time I send them an email I get this back:

'We're out of the office at the moment watching the Rugby down at the Ricoh. Alternatively you can try us at [email protected]

Up the Wasps'

CJ_covblaze

Dear CJ

The Sky Blue Trust Board, like the majority of Coventry City supporters, has become extremely alarmed at the plight of our Club, in its lowest league position for over 50 years and with dwindling attendances at home games. We needed to see what the Club’s owners and management are doing to address this dire situation.

To that end, we wrote to the Club’s Chairman, Tim Fisher, on 25 November 2014 asking him to tell us, by 31 December 2014, what strategy the Club are following to turn-around its fortunes over the next few years and to state clearly the Board’s ambitions for the Club.

On 2 January 2015 the Club published a statement - “Coventry City - the Way Forward” - setting-out a five point plan. We welcome the fact that the statement says the Club intend to build “trust with the supporters” and appreciate the need for financial sustainability that it reasserts. It also refers to steps to build a relationship with Wasps as owners of the Ricoh Arena in order to see “whether there is an opportunity for the club to further generate revenues beyond match day”.

However, the “Way Forward” continues to place excessive emphasis on the need for the Club to own its own stadium, which we believe at this time is an unaffordable aim, which would add significantly to the burden of debt borne by the Club. In our view, the time, energy and finance being devoted to the “new stadium” should instead be spent on investing in the playing squad and in a longer-term, mutually beneficial partnership with Wasps.

Further, we are deeply disappointed that the ”Way Forward” contains no indication at all of the owners’ ambitions for the Club. It says that they want “to field a competitive team” but says nothing about where they plan or expect to take that team in the League hierarchy. It is now 48 years since the Club was last promoted to a higher league, and has never secured a play-off position in its history, but the “Way Forward” does not even mention promotion as an aim. This lack of ambition is clearly undermining the prospects of the team in League One as high quality players leave to further their careers and are not adequately replaced. The pitifully low morale of supporters appears to be mirrored by the performances of the first team squad.

Faced with the current, desperate, situation at our club, and reflecting the passionate desire of supporters for demonstrable progress and improvement in the way that the Club is being run, the Trust Board now wishes to establish your views, as Trust members, on the approach we should take towards CCFC as an organisation in the immediate future,

We intend to continue to try to work with the Club where possible, via direct contact and participation in the Supporters Consultative Group and to challenge the Club to demonstrate, with evidence, how they are making progress with their five point plan in “The Way Forward.” We see this as an essential part of the Trust’s role.

However, we believe this is not sufficient in the current circumstances. We want your views on the following two options for the Trust’s new approach to bringing about real and lasting change at our Club:

Option 1

Should we express our deep dissatisfaction with the way the Club is being run by asking the owners to dismiss the current Board of Directors and replace it with people committed to an ambitious future for the Sky Blues and with the skills and experience to achieve that?

Option 2

Should we reflect the huge disenchantment with the attitude of the owners of the Club, under whose seven year stewardship the Club has reached its lowest ebb, by asking SISU to seek new owners for the Club who would purchase SISU’s interest?

Please vote by emailing us by 1 February 2015, with either “Option 1”, or “Option 2” or “Neither” in the subject line. Please add any comments in the body of your reply.

Click here to unsubscribe from future emails

AndreasB

Another poll? Astonishing. Is this really what we need to be doing? Where are the mass meetings, the properly orgainised protests, the membership renewal?

So , wind it forward a few weeks. Club says no we are not going to sack all the Directors and No we are not for sale and if we are , we cant tell you. What then?

Terry Gibson's perm

Both option 1 and 2. Waggott and Fisher are a dreadful and are a total waste of wages I wonder who the biggest earner at the club is Tim?

Monners

I would like to propose that is is defnately probably time for an immediate discussion. All those in favour of having a vote to agree to have an immediate discussion say aye!

matesx

A totally empty Ricoh at home games is the only way to shift these fuckers

anything else is piss and wind

Ian1779

Rightly criticise the club for making empty noise with their 'The Way Forward' document..... by making a statement that is of equal nothingness.

Fans want:

Success on the pitch
Evidence of the new stadium
Sustainability and hope for the future

Keep it simple... fans can get behind those three aims.

Ian1779

Why is it hypocritical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggesting that the club is wrong to move to Northampton temporarily (and rightly so), but then supporting a team that did the same but made it permanent, becoming a franchise club in the process.

That should cover it.

AndreasB

Suggesting that the club is wrong to move to Northampton temporarily (and rightly so), but then supporting a team that did the same but made it permanent, becoming a franchise club in the process.

That should cover it.

and NEVER forget going on TV to call for administration.

hill83

[animated gif, showing an email being moved to a junk folder and deleted, that I can't find]

Captain Dart

Another poll? Astonishing. Is this really what we need to be doing? Where are the mass meetings, the properly orgainised protests, the membership renewal?

So , wind it forward a few weeks. Club says no we are not going to sack all the Directors and No we are not for sale and if we are , we cant tell you. What then?

And if they didn't do that you'd be at their throats screaming that they're undemocratic.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

That should cover it.

Totally unrelated and you know it they are re Sky Blues Trust not the Wasps or anybody else's trust. So two members of the trust board went to a wasps rugby game nothing to do with football but doesn't suit your agenda does it? One of those two goes to every city game home and away is missing the game tomorrow because he's going to watch Cov.
Love the way you and others on here are now so passionate about rugby clubs moving or is this a long term view you hold presumably you were angry about London Irish/Welsh and even Wasps moving beforehand? No of course you weren't because it's a different sport that doesn't mean anything to you unless it suits that is.

Where was your passion re this whole situation we find ourselves in when it could have mattered ?

torchomatic

How strange. Not a mention of Lucas, West and Reeves and how we were stitched up by them all....

AndreasB

And if they didn't do that you'd be at their throats screaming that they're undemocratic.

Democracy is in what you do, not what you say.

They have a very democratic constituion etc yet actually spent their time feathering their nest with Haskell and Wasps - all in our name of course. Dont remember being asked to vote on THAT.

LB87ccfc

Another load of fucking shite from the trust, fucking poll, do not bother wasting your breath. Clowns the lot of them

Hobo

How strange. Not a mention of Lucas, West and Reeves and how we were stitched up by them all....

Probably because they are outside influences and can't change things in the future. Move on.

Terry Gibson's perm

They are no longer part of the equation.

Or unless I am wrong any connection to the people the letter has gone to or would go to.

I am totally against the pests owing the stadium but have decided that I can do nothing about it and will have to live with it maybe Sisu should do the same and concentrate on what they should be here for improving the team.

torchomatic

Is that the date Joe Elliott jumped in his jag and drove round collecting the shares?

You need to go back to December 12th 2007 to see when we were really "Stitched up"

torchomatic

You're probably right. You would have thought the main fans' organisation would at least still address the issue though wouldn't you? CCFC pay more in rent that LONDON Wasps paid to get the Arena for a quarter of a millenia. Must just be me then.

Probably because they are outside influences and can't change things in the future. Move on.

stupot07

I'm not sure how option 1 is even feasible given that any new board will have to work with a budget that doesn't rely on sisu pumping in external funding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Although both options will be nice, they may as well have just sent me an email asking if I want a Ferrari or an R8.

Are they really going to go to SISU and demand they leave? Again, while it would be nice, what world are they coming from?

Next week there will be an open letter demanding that SISU hand the club over to somebody else won't there?

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Totally unrelated and you know it they are re Sky Blues Trust not the Wasps or anybody else's trust. So two members of the trust board went to a wasps rugby game nothing to do with football but doesn't suit your agenda does it? One of those two goes to every city game home and away is missing the game tomorrow because he's going to watch Cov.
Love the way you and others on here are now so passionate about rugby clubs moving or is this a long term view you hold presumably you were angry about London Irish/Welsh and even Wasps moving beforehand? No of course you weren't because it's a different sport that doesn't mean anything to you unless it suits that is.

Where was your passion re this whole situation we find ourselves in when it could have mattered ?

It isn't unrelated really is it?

Person A is angry a football club got moved, Person A slags off people who go to watch the team when moved, Person A demands people who get a free ticket to watch said moved football team should reveal themselves (as if it is something to be ashamed about), Person A demands football be fixed for allowing this to happen, Person A protests heavily and is very heavily vocal about this.

Person A then gets a free ticket to watch a rugby team who has moved, Person A then hits the forums to fight the moved team's corner as to why it is such a good move. The excuse is "Oh but it is Rugby".

It is like some hardcore anti fox hunting protester who thinks it is cruel on Foxes going badger baiting.

Sky Blue Kid

Is that the date Joe Elliott jumped in his jag and drove round collecting the shares?
Could that be because he really thought SISU were going to lead CCFC to the promised land? I have no particular feelings as to liking the man or not, but everyone make mistakes from time to time, but now definately has seen the light with regards to SISU/Otium. Why don't you go back even further and bring up other regimes, moaning about them only those other regimes actually ploughed money into the team to keep(Or try) to keep us in top flight football. Didn't see you moaning about having players like Dublin, Keane et al. Why is that I wonder?......Was it because it didn't suit your argument? You've even spoken about former players and who you thought were good/great/average/crap. Who are the great/good players SISU have bought and kept hold of? There isn't any is there, SISU don't do buying decent players and keeping hold of 'em do they???

Steve.B50

Although both options will be nice, they may as well have just sent me an email asking if I want a Ferrari or an R8.

Are they really going to go to SISU and demand they leave? Again, while it would be nice, what world are they coming from?

Next week there will be an open letter demanding that SISU hand the club over to somebody else won't there?

Nick
We have been asked to discuss these options (and others) my some members. We need to cover ourselves and will not make any decisions until we get a general consensus from the Sky Blue Trust Members. As individuals we all have our own personal views but sometimes we cannot allow our own individual thoughts to influence our members, so we are asking there views.

hill83

The skyblueKids on one.

53813-Jason-Momoa-dis-gun-be-gud-gif-qo8i.gif

Users who are viewing this thread