Trust Members Meeting WIth Tim Fisher (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

They recently had an open meeting solely on this very topic. Supporters direct representatives were there as well including one of the guys who were behind mobilising the Portsmouth trust takeover. Forget his name, first name Ashley IIRC.
But they didn't give any detail whatsoever after it was said they had been working on it for 2 years! I get that you can't have every little detail but they should certainly be able to present the broad strokes of how a Trust takeover would be achieved and their plan for moving the club forward.

Captain Dart

Let me throw this into the room..

don't shoot the messenger..

skybluetony176

But they didn't give any detail whatsoever after it was said they had been working on it for 2 years! I get that you can't have every little detail but they should certainly be able to present the broad strokes of how a Trust takeover would be achieved and their plan for moving the club forward.

I don't think that they can give any details Dave. The trust aren't in the position that the Portsmouth trust were where the club is available in any form. We're not in admin, the club hasn't been put on the market and the owners have brushed away any discussions on the subject of would they consider selling.

What I took from the meeting was that the trust have to be ready should the opportunity arise and that it is most likely to be a model not so dissimilar to the Portsmouth model which if my memory serves me correctly from the presentation that Ashley did is that there are 4 shareowner's including the trust, the trust having the biggest share (40 odd % IIRC) albeit their share being owned by trust members incorporating 4500 shares @ £1000 each. The interesting part was that each of the 4500 shares wasn't owned exclusively by individuals, alot were owned by consortiums of friends or families etc.

How the trust take this forward is the next question and hopefully the trust follow up the last meeting with something coherent about how they plan to raise money, take pledges etc.

clint van damme

I don't think that they can give any details Dave. The trust aren't in the position that the Portsmouth trust were where the club is available in any form. We're not in admin, the club hasn't been put on the market and the owners have brushed away any discussions on the subject of would they consider selling.

What I took from the meeting was that the trust have to be ready should the opportunity arise and that it is most likely to be a model not so dissimilar to the Portsmouth model which if my memory serves me correctly from the presentation that Ashley did is that there are 4 shareowner's including the trust, the trust having the biggest share (40 odd % IIRC) albeit their share being owned by trust members incorporating 4500 shares @ £1000 each. The interesting part was that each of the 4500 shares wasn't owned exclusively by individuals, alot were owned by consortiums of friends or families etc.

How the trust take this forward is the next question and hopefully the trust follow up the last meeting with something coherent about how they plan to raise money, take pledges etc.

that's pretty much what I took from it.
Though I also think they have to be cautious as to what they reveal regarding their contact with other parties.

letsallsingtogether

wouldn't surprise me one bit, or if sisu had found some one to come in alongside them at the club. Somethings going on but it's hard to ascertain what.
Wouldn't suprise me ether change the name of the owner and make our sisu out flags redundant for wembley.
But we will bring them out anyway:)

oldfiver

The last sentence is one I actually agree with. Perhaps they might get their members approval first too?

Nick

Administrator
Well let's hope it isn't put, then.

It'd be daft to give him an open goal really.
Agree, all for quizzing them on their statements but deffo at the next one.

The trust and others could do with not mentioning fan ownership or selling up to the fans. They may as well just go home then as it would be a field day.

It's a meeting on its own I think, should focus everything at Fisher while he is there.

clint van damme

to be honest, I think fishers attempts to have a go at the trust in the past have really shown him in a bad light.
The time when he started going on about their accounts at the SCG really made him sound like an arrogant arse trying to educate the proles.

Nick

Administrator
to be honest, I think fishers attempts to have a go at the trust in the past have really shown him in a bad light.
The time when he started going on about their accounts at the SCG really made him sound like an arrogant arse trying to educate the proles.

That's what I mean, you give him a sniff of something like that and there goes the hour where he should be quizzed or however long.

Captain Dart

wouldn't surprise me one bit, or if sisu had found some one to come in alongside them at the club. Somethings going on but it's hard to ascertain what.
The plot thickens.. twitter is awash with rumour and fake news

Nick

Administrator
I'll see your Fisher, Anderson and Elliott and raise you a Ranson, Dulieu and Robinson.

giphy.gif

CJ_covblaze

1. The SBT would not buy the club. The fans, people & businesses of Coventry and the surrounding area would. Just like Wycombe, Exeter, Bayern Munich, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Wrexham and many others are. Swansea are another well known example but their situation has changed recently. The Trust is just a vehicle to get everyone together to make it happen.

2. Just because we have a board at the Trust doesn't mean the members of that board would all be on the club board. There has never been any suggestion otherwise so I have no idea why some jump to that conclusion. The Trust would remain as it is and we would have a separate board. This is the case at many fan owned clubs.

3. There would be elections that you, your friends, families and neighbours would all vote in to decide who would form the club board. At many fan owned clubs the Trust do have a seat or maybe two. However every club is different so it would be up for discussion.

4. It's unknown atm which model would be used. What's certain is it wouldn't be 100% Wycombe, 100% Exeter, 100% Pompey or 100% anyone else. It would be 100% Coventry City and will probably take elements from various different clubs to create the Coventry model. Again this will be decided by experts the Trust has contact with, the fans and other stakeholders.

5. It wouldn't be the Trust's club. It would be the community's.

6. If anyone has any ideas email them [email protected]

letsallsingtogether

1. The SBT would not buy the club. The fans, people & businesses of Coventry and the surrounding area would. Just like Wycombe, Exeter, Bayern Munich, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Wrexham and many others are. Swansea are another well known example but their situation has changed recently. The Trust is just a vehicle to get everyone together to make it happen.

2. Just because we have a board at the Trust doesn't mean the members of that board would all be on the club board. There has never been any suggestion otherwise so I have no idea why some jump to that conclusion. The Trust would remain as it is and we would have a separate board. This is the case at many fan owned clubs.

3. There would be elections that you, your friends, families and neighbours would all vote in to decide who would form the club board. At many fan owned clubs the Trust do have a seat or maybe two. However every club is different so it would be up for discussion.

4. It's unknown atm which model would be used. What's certain is it wouldn't be 100% Wycombe, 100% Exeter, 100% Pompey or 100% anyone else. It would be 100% Coventry City and will probably take elements from various different clubs to create the Coventry model. Again this will be decided by experts the Trust has contact with, the fans and other stakeholders.

5. It wouldn't be the Trust's club. It would be the community's.

6. If anyone has any ideas email them [email protected]

Can those that can't afford a pound to join have a say? :) ;)

chiefdave

So what has been worked on for two years and what happens if SISU walk tomorrow?

From that post there is no plan whatsoever and it would all be starting from square one. The club would be liquidated before a bid was even put together.

Its a dangerous game to play as now you have people running around shouting about fan ownership and forcing the club into administration.

letsallsingtogether

So what has been worked on for two years and what happens if SISU walk tomorrow?

From that post there is no plan whatsoever and it would all be starting from square one. The club would be liquidated before a bid was even put together.

Its a dangerous game to play as now you have people running around shouting about fan ownership and forcing the club into administration.
Who is forcing the Club into admin more fisher bullshit I suppose.
Only one party will put the club into admin and only one party can do something to change CCFC fortunes at the moment.
Why don't you vent your spleen on them for a change.

skybluetony176

Again IIRC from the presentation that Ashley from the Portsmouth trust did they had very little time to get a bid together when the opportunity came to make a bid during administration and save their club.

I think I'm right in presuming that actually our trust is already ahead of where they were when Portsmouth went into administration and are working continually to get further ahead still. Plus as I already pointed out we're not even available for sale at this moment in time so there isn't the same sense of urgency that there was for Portsmouth.

Users who are viewing this thread