U23 v Barnsley at The Higgs Tues 1pm (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

I only see Eccles being offered an extension come summer, all those out of contract including Shipley will be let go. Shipley has always put a shift in on the times I seen him and scored some important goals for the club. He seems a good pro who in my opinion has reached his limit as a player with the club.

I think MR wants more quality and will not let sentiment get in the way come summer on allowing Shipley and others to go. MR has been very good at maximizing his budget and improving this squad and come summer I don't see it being any different.
I agree he has scored some important (and spectacular) goals but “always puts a shift in” is going a little to far.

long way home

I agree he has scored some important (and spectacular) goals but “always puts a shift in” is going a little to far.

The most important part of that sentence, is "when I've seen him play". I assume you have seen him play 100 times more than me and have no doubt your judgement on him is going to be better than mine. I think players like him do get overlooked a bit, as the best part of the these type of players game is the work off the ball. He just seems a honest type of player that is more athletic the gifted with ability.

However his goals do show he has a little bit about him, to get and make the right decisions when there. But for me it's not frequent enough or good enough to make us a better side, he has reached his level and fortunately it's not the level MR wants to be at. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, he should leave knowing he has been part of a very special group that has helped bring a bit of hope, excitement and good days back to the club.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTK

SBAndy

The most important part of that sentence, is "when I've seen him play". I assume you have seen him play 100 times more than me and have no doubt your judgement on him is going to be better than mine. I think players like him do get overlooked a bit, as the best part of the these type of players game is the work off the ball. He just seems a honest type of player that is more athletic the gifted with ability.

However his goals do show he has a little bit about him, to get and make the right decisions when there. But for me it's not frequent enough or good enough to make us a better side, he has reached his level and fortunately it's not the level MR wants to be at. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, he should leave knowing he has been part of a very special group that has helped bring a bit of hope, excitement and good days back to the club.

If he’s more athletic than gifted with ability then it’s a wonder he can even kick a ball! Got the aerobic ability of a 75 year old asthmatic smoker.

Users who are viewing this thread