Uncomfortable reading.... (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

...for many fair minded folk on here I should imagine......

I paused before starting this thread, as I know how quickly these topics can/will descend into the gutter when online...

....however....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35231046

Well, what can you say?

For fear of sounding like a radicalist, anti-immigration fist-shaker, I think I'll keep my opinion to myself. Suffice to say, this sort of incident was bound to happen in Germany, with their recent influx of immigrants. Improper vetting springs to mind.

bringbackrattles

I've reached that stage that nothing shocks me anymore,but this article is very disturbing.But this behavior will increase because nothing really gets done about it does it ? The world is unstable and without doubt the lunatics have taken over the asylum !

stupot07

It's truly abhorrent behaviour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

It's an education thing and unfortunately in a number of foreign countries women are still treated as second class citizens and it's very much a man's world and macho, male oriented thought processes dominate. Don't know how we can ever change that.

Nick

Administrator
I guess people can't do much because it is seen as racist or just having a dig at immigration.

Otis

I guess people can't do much because it is seen as racist or just having a dig at immigration.
People are frightened of insulting Islam too and it is some Islamic countries where women are treated the worst.

Nick

Administrator
People are frightened of insulting Islam too and it is some Islamic countries where women are treated the worst.
I did type a post about my experience of going to turkey, it was quite an experience. The men there were shocking.

The Lurker

Where are all the lefties on this thread? Their silence speaks volumes. Many of us predicted this months ago on here and got called racist. Not racist it was being a realist

J

Jack Griffin

TBH Muslims take offence at the slightest thing, very over sensitive.

One of the phrases oft used by Muslims is 'you should respect our religion', well frankly I do not respect any religion per se, though I'm willing to give any idea, moral or philosophical argument or practise respect if I can agree with it, that does not mean I think a religion as a package has to be swallowed whole. As for worshipping a God or Gods, that is out of the question in my world and I view proselytisation and as morally wrong.

Rant over :)

The Lurker

TBH Muslims take offence at the slightest thing, very over sensitive.

One of the phrases oft used by Muslims is 'you should respect our religion', well frankly I do not respect any religion per se, though I'm willing to give any idea, moral or philosophical argument or practise respect if I can agree with it, that does not mean I think a religion as a package has to be swallowed whole. As for worshipping a God or Gods, that is out of the question in my world and I view proselytisation and as morally wrong.

Rant over :)

In their 10's of thousands protest about a cartoon of Mohammed but when 100's of innocent people are killed under their religion they don't say a word. Strange mentality

Otis

Where are all the lefties on this thread? Their silence speaks volumes. Many of us predicted this months ago on here and got called racist. Not racist it was being a realist
I would consider myself a bit of a leftie. I don't get your point.

Nick

Administrator
In their views on, and how they treated women?

The way they would pretty much push a bloke out of the way if they could to try and chat up their missus. Got into a couple of situations with blokes there.

You would get groups of blokes hanging about by the pool, literally stood there staring and drooling. Then if they got the chance they were straight over invading private space if the woman was on their own (no blokes about).

I remember two on a motorbike who literally turned round and drove past slowly to perv, we found it hilarious but if it was a young girl on their own it wouldn't have been very nice.

Maybe they were just looking for a "Shirley Bassey" but they were quite blatant about it. It may have just been a bad place, but I wouldn't ever take my daughter to a country like that.

J

Jack Griffin

In their 10's of thousands protest about a cartoon of Mohammed but when 100's of innocent people are killed under their religion they don't say a word. Strange mentality

Not entirely true,
[video=youtube;icXJH6WYkOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXJH6WYkOE[/video]

The Lurker

I would consider myself a bit of a leftie. I don't get your point.

Don't get my point? The refugee thread clearly showed the mentality of the left minded people. There all good people, open the borders for all. Now this has appeared they have all gone quiet. Don't even condone the actions which says it all

Nick

Administrator
This is wha I was trying to say about just freely letting people in. People were shouting "There is no time, they are all going to die, we need to let them in now".

People need to be screened as much as possible, their backgrounds need to be looked into. If we have to let people into countries we are never going to be 100% that they aren't a criminal but I'd rather it was 90% sure that they weren't convicted criminals than just letting them in.

Wasn't there a young girl Alice Gross who was killed by a Latvian who was a convicted murderer?

This isn't me saying that only migrants can be rapists, murderers etc either.

The Lurker

oakey

It looks like a coordinated attempt to frighten women and drive them indoors, in accordance with a certain interpretation of shariah law, perhaps.

oakey

Can't remember the last time 1,000 white blokes in England went around grouping, theiving and assaulting women. Can you?

No, I cannot. However, my point stands. This is a sinister new development in the West and must be resisted but we have to look closer to home too. I know many women who have been casually groped in Britain.

Otis

Don't get my point? The refugee thread clearly showed the mentality of the left minded people. There all good people, open the borders for all. Now this has appeared they have all gone quiet. Don't even condone the actions which says it all
And all 'left minded people' have this mentality?

Isn't that just another of those stereotyped, sweeping statements that causes so many problems in the first place?

Hate all the generalisations. You simply can't say 'left wing people all believe this' and 'Muslims do this' etc.

It's a nonsense. I've said this before elsewhere on SBT, that the best ever advice I got was to treat everyone as an individual and each and every person on their own individual merits.

There are millions and millions of decent Muslims out there and decent 'foreigners' too and not everyone wants to come over here, plunder our land, steal our heritage and take our women and our jobs and claim state aid.'

Sweeping statements really annoy me.

Last edited:

Otis

http://www.refuge.org.uk/get-help-now/what-is-domestic-violence/domestic-violence-the-facts/

Violence against women is endemic in all societies, including ours. So no need to make it exclusively about race.

2 women are killed every week in England and Wales by a current or former partner (Office of National Statistics, 2015)

I do think religion contributes too though. An awful lot of people are living by a creed and ancient texts from thousands of years ago, written by men for men and where women are very much secondary.

We're in the 21st century and some idiots still think women shouldn't be educated.

Nick

Administrator
I do think religion contributes too though. An awful lot of people are living by a creed and ancient texts from thousands of years ago, written by men for men and where women are very much secondary.

We're in the 21st century and some idiots still think women shouldn't be educated.

Exactly, it isn't just Muslims etc. You see the mormons who have about 12 wives and they don't leave the house.

mechaishida

Sorry, but treading lightly around the issue of Islam is tantamount to ignorance; like Nick said, and Turkey being a prime example, the mentalities are stuck in the Middle Ages and frankly, it's not a lot to do with religion.

Especially in Turkey, where my mum lived for 7 years, religion is not adhered to and the men in particular show great hypocrisy by eating pork, smoking, drinking, but then quote the Qu'uran whilst beating their 'insolent' wives.

I do not, for one second, attribute 90% of the worlds political and social problems with Islam, but they sure do know how to be hypocritical ignoramuses.

chiefdave

The thing I find with issues like this is that as soon as you try and have a frank discussion the race card gets played. It needs to be accepted that people from different countries / religions / cultures have different values and views. If they are going to live in another country they have to abide by the values and views of that country.

If they don't then action has to be taken. Countries like Germany are trying to help out people by letting them in, this is not the response they should recieve. Those involved in this need to rounded up and shipped back out the country. I'm all for helping people but if they are going to respond like this they don't deserve help. Of course that doesn't mean we shouldn't help those who aren't causing trouble.

As has been said part of the problem was that no plan was put in place to screen people. It was all ignored until the issue became overwhelming and then became a free for all. How much do you want to bet that the lesson hasn't been learnt and there's still no plan in place for a similar situation should it occur in the future.

fernandopartridge

The thing I find with issues like this is that as soon as you try and have a frank discussion the race card gets played. It needs to be accepted that people from different countries / religions / cultures have different values and views. If they are going to live in another country they have to abide by the values and views of that country.

If they don't then action has to be taken. Countries like Germany are trying to help out people by letting them in, this is not the response they should recieve. Those involved in this need to rounded up and shipped back out the country. I'm all for helping people but if they are going to respond like this they don't deserve help. Of course that doesn't mean we shouldn't help those who aren't causing trouble.

As has been said part of the problem was that no plan was put in place to screen people. It was all ignored until the issue became overwhelming and then became a free for all. How much do you want to bet that the lesson hasn't been learnt and there's still no plan in place for a similar situation should it occur in the future.

Instead of addressing the 'values' through education, Western governments prefer to mitigate against them, i.e. by either downplaying the problem or treating the symptoms. There are examples of this sort of thing in Britain; lots of public money goes towards minority women's groups (not saying they aren't a just cause). This is treating the symptom rather than the cause. Why is it accepted that minority women can be marginalised within their communities. Why are their communities separate?

Users who are viewing this thread