Upcoming Changes At The Ricoh (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

The one that sticks out for me is..
Bar 87 is to be renamed Bar 67. I know there is no reason for them not to, but what a fu**ing joke that is.

Others (taken from the Wasps' Forum)

- There will definitely be a timetable for buses from Warwick Parkway.
- There will be a shuttle service from Coventry.
- Car Park C actually has 750 spaces, not 500.
- Bar 87 is being renamed as "Bar 67".
- No cheerleaders.
- The stewards will be hired by the stadium. CCFC employ their own.
- The Coventry based Games-Makers from the 2012 Olympics, will be used as meeters and greaters on match days.
- Wasps will met with all stewards and meeters and greaters to explain how Rugby works and what the Wasps match day experience is about.
- Fully branded new shirts will take 12 weeks from the announcement (so mid-January), as that's how long Kukri need.
- Pins & Stripes will be selling licensed range for formal wear (including tweed jackets) in the shop.
- Tickets for Troops will continue. Ticket deals offered to Warwickshire Police and emergency services and armed forces.
- They will look at a flexi ticket for 6 games next season.
- They will look at a legacy membership for current STHs who can't make every game.
- Food for STHs at the first game will be in the Jaguar Hall. There will be bands and rides from the Winter Wonderland event. The hall is used most Sundays, so may not always be available.
- England ballot to stay for STHs.
- 30,000 flags on orders for the first game. :laugh:

- Cask Ale bar to be kitted out for the Irish match - prices being looked at to make sure they match high-street prices.

- Mulled wine and mince pies at the Irish match.
- Wine and Champagne bar at the Irish match.
- They are looking to commemorate the final game against Castres, but are unsure how to - suggestions welcome (I've suggested a public flogging of Stuart Barnes...)

Seems incredibly commercial, I'm glad I hate Rugby.

Personally, despite liking the Ricoh, I can see myself wanting us to move quite quickly once we see all the Wasps badges and colours splashed all over the stadium.

Take me home, Highfield Road.

Nick

Administrator
Branded new shirts? What are they having branded?

I hope the rides have sick all over them, it is madness letting somebody pissed up on the Carousel (if they still have them) but genius at the same time

pusbccfc

Branded new shirts? What are they having branded?

I hope the rides have sick all over them, it is madness letting somebody pissed up on the Carousel (if they still have them) but genius at the same time

But at least they will not be stealing our lovely stewards..

Astute

Cask ale at high street prices? Sounds like they know how to sell more beer at the arena.

Some good points made there. Hope they keep them for when we play at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Bit harsh to change the bar too. Just a matter of time before it is seats, then the branding etc.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think you will find a lot of changes as Wasps stamp their mark on the place. They will take the commercial side up a notch or two, sharpen up the image and perception of the place, make it more user friendly and positive in atmosphere basically make it their home

All things that have never been done before at the Ricoh by CCFC for whatever reason. The marketing going on by Wasps in all honesty has to be recognised as far better than CCFC has ever managed.

Sadly all that does for the fans of CCFC is to rub it in as to what should have been

Buster

Weve been with sisu much too long ! The OP calls ,looking after the customer, " incredibly commercial"

skybluejelly

Cask ale at high street prices? Sounds like they know how to sell more beer at the arena.

Some good points made there. Hope they keep them for when we play at the Ricoh.

Depends which high street ... If it's Kensington high street .. It's going to be expensive

fernandopartridge

Weve been with sisu much too long ! The OP calls ,looking after the customer, " incredibly commercial"

It's a commercial operation. It's all aimed at making money. Don't forget that SISU couldn't and wouldn't do anything about enhancing food and beverage options because it wasn't in their interest.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think CCFC before SISU and during SISU have had access or would have been able to do a lot of that anyway would they even if they wanted to?

I don't doubt Wasps have better marketing, it really wouldn't be hard though would it? :)

shy_tall_knight

Would the last sky blue fan leaving the Ricoh please turn the lights off, probably won't have to as one of the WASP'S butlers will do it for us as the sky blue fans leave via the tradesman entrance - as we won't be allowed near the new concierge. I'm no working class hero but I hope Lucas PWKH are all suitably embarrassed when they ever visit the stadium and go to pick up a match day programme only to find a copy of Country Life or Horse & Hound. WASPS marketing v SISU isn't even a debate - it just further confirms the numpties that have run our club

quinn1971

I don't think CCFC before SISU and during SISU have had access or would have been able to do a lot of that anyway would they even if they wanted to?

I don't doubt Wasps have better marketing, it really wouldn't be hard though would it? :)

My kids brought letters home today from school advertising the wasps games, family ticket for London Irish £38 and you get free equivalent tickets for the sale game.... Kids weren't interested and neither am I. Never seen the same offer from ccfc ?

pusbccfc

My kids brought letters home today from school advertising the wasps games, family ticket for London Irish £38 and you get free equivalent tickets for the sale game.... Kids weren't interested and neither am I. Never seen the same offer from ccfc ?

I think you can now get a family ticket in the JSB for £30.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The sooner we are out of there, the better PUSB!

yes because pitch 1 at the Memorial Park is still available ..... and even better they allow fans to stand !:facepalm:

italiahorse

Cheers didn't know that, doesn't seem right wasps using coventry schools to give away tickets, guess they need the money, they've got a 14 million loan to pay off,

Wasps are now a Coventry team. Some will take them.
Pay the loan off with free tickets ?

Otis

Nowt wrong with the 67 Bar either.

If you know our hsitory 67 was an historically significant year for us too. Only 2nd to 1987.

quinn1971

Wasps are now a Coventry team. Some will take them.
Pay the loan off with free tickets ?

tickets might be free but the food and drinks aren't, they'll still make money,unlike our shit owners wasps realise it doesn't matter how you get fans in there just get them in,

Users who are viewing this thread