Update on ticket situation (2 Viewers)

Ashdown

The whole thing has become tiresome.

For days we have defended them (because I am sure it has been difficult) and they have hidden behind the SAG and the delays opening up the SS. Fine, but that was resolved yesterday morning - and a day later we still have no sign of those tickets going only sale because they are still clearing up the backlog (they haven't sold a single match ticket since last Saturday - exactly how many people are working there?). In other words, even if the SAG had given the all clear on Sunday, no SS ticket would have yet been sold.

You'd hope they'll be on sale tomorrow, but I have this horrible feeling they'll put them on sale on Friday. If they do that, I think we can wave good-bye to the chances of a sell out - people will just bin the idea. Friday is a working day and people need to make plans. You can't expect people to wake up on the morning of the game still no knowing if they can get a ticket, especially when getting a ticket will involve a 4 hour queue or a whole day on a website that might crash. Some will, but I can't see them shifting 7000 in half a day.

Just hope they put them on sale tomorrow and the last couple of thousand released seats on Friday.

I said it fairly tongue in cheek before but I am seriously wondering if as well as ST books they ran out of tickets. I can understand the posting necessity as they didn't want chaos on the night but it's dragged on now. They really need to open up a handful of cash turnstiles on the night and demand people bring the right cash. Nothing simpler, just like the good old days !

H

Huckerby

The thing is, this is pretty much a one off event / situation so should CCFC hire more staff to cope with this just to have them twiddling their thumbs when we are selling tickets for Rochdale at home in January as this situation won't be happening then. I guess they can't get temps in because for somebody to train them up it takes them off the "front line" so one less pair of hands.

I agree though, the website / server should be able to handle everything thrown at it. This would then take the strain off the actual people in the store answering calls etc.

It seems like the actual service when you get it isn't bad. I ordered my tickets Friday night and they arrive first thing Tuesday.

But Nick, they knew about this for what...6 weeks or so before they announced it? Could have taken people off the "front line" during that period (bet they were hardly rushed off their feet selling sixfields tickets) to train temps?

Obviously it is what it is, and just have to hope it turns out...just agitates me a little when people pretend it couldn't have been avoided or that there's unprecedented demand.

SkyBlueAde

The thing is, this is pretty much a one off event / situation so should CCFC hire more staff to cope with this just to have them twiddling their thumbs when we are selling tickets for Rochdale at home in January as this situation won't be happening then. I guess they can't get temps in because for somebody to train them up it takes them off the "front line" so one less pair of hands.

I agree though, the website / server should be able to handle everything thrown at it. This would then take the strain off the actual people in the store answering calls etc.

It seems like the actual service when you get it isn't bad. I ordered my tickets Friday night and they arrive first thing Tuesday.

Surely the ticketing system CCFC uses isn't bespoke and there's likely plenty of other grounds in the country using a similar system, so...... why can't the club draft in temporary ticketing sellers/assistants from other Midlands clubs (blues, Villa, Leicester) to help with the surge of ticket demand?

I know the shop staff are under immense strain, but with extra bods drafted in from other clubs, the club shop could then open for longer, for the benefit of those who work 9-5 and can't queue up during the day (like the chap who rang the CWR phone-in post match last night)

Still waiting for our ST's, ordered Friday last week and nothing in the post as of today (Wednesday).

skybluesam66

i think there may be a lot of people who dont receive in time tickets ordered in the post
imagine it on friday - aswell as trying to sell tickets - a further couple of thousand people who have already bought tickets queuing to try to prove that they should be let in

theferret

So only 1000 SS tickets are being made available, so there will be several thousand empty seats at that end of the ground. What a pity.

Cv3cov

So the SAG have a big meeting and decide on opening 1 more block in SS, absolute rubbish. Why is it CCFC always make it hard?

LB87ccfc

So only 1000 SS tickets are being made available, so there will be several thousand empty seats at that end of the ground. What a pity.

Which when the sky cameras face both goals, it will look like we sold jack shit.

Sisu were never going to allow a complete sell out as would look like a bunch of mugs if they did.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I guess that we are all assuming that the blocks towards the goal (10, 9, 8 etc) are not going to be opened.

It would be helpful if this could be clarified.

If it is the case, someone (Simon Gilbert?) needs to get some explanation from the decision maker (the police?) as to why this is so.

Probably too late to do anything about it for Friday, but if someone has made this decision they need to explain it in public.

theferret

I guess that we are all assuming that the blocks towards the goal (10, 9, 8 etc) are not going to be opened.

If it is the case, someone (Simon Gilbert?) needs to get some explanation from the decision maker (the police?) as to why this is so.

Probably too late to do anything about it for Friday, but if someone has made this decision they need to explain it in public.

The key question being, why are the arrangements made for Crewe not applicable here? Makes no sense.

Noggin

8 is gillingham from looking at the gillingham website.

9 and 10 not open confirmed by our official twitter.

but yeah we need simon on the case.

Noggin

if 8 is gillingham is 6 and 7 segregation the other way? or I suppose it's possible gillingham have sold 6 and 7 with attendance boosted by city fans perhaps.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lets face it I've defended the club last week and the workers are obviously working extremely hard but whoever was in charge an taking responsibility has made a right cock up of it all.

LJC_CCFC

@Coventry_City: We will have details on the website soon about what you need to do if your ticket for the game doesn't arrive in time. #pusb #skyblues

Bodes well...

LB87ccfc

Lets face it I've defended the club last week and the workers are obviously working extremely hard but whoever was in charge an taking responsibility has made a right cock up of it all.

Begs the question why not open the whole fucking lot up just like they did for crewe.

Simply they don't want to be embarrassed.

Noggin

Asking for trouble. You are encouraging fans to buy in the gills end imo. I know I would buy there if I didn't have a ticket.

I'm not encouraging anything, people are big enough to make their own decisions, its their risk to take. I would buy there if I didn't have a ticket too, it's not like there is any reason for any trouble and I'd feel perfectly safe. The Anal Safety group are the ones that have encouraged ccfc fans to buy in the gillingham end by their ridiculous decision making,

Kingokings204

I'm not encouraging anything, people are big enough to make their own decisions, its their risk to take. I would buy there if I didn't have a ticket too, it's not like there is any reason for any trouble and I'd feel perfectly safe. The Anal Safety group are the ones that have encouraged ccfc fans to buy in the gillingham end by their ridiculous decision making,

No Noggin you mis understood which is my fault. I didn't make it clear, sorry mate.

I meant the club and or SAG are encouraging people to look at different options such as buying in the gills end and me and you have both admitted we would both buy there. This is the biggest game ever for a lot of fans and to get a ticket is worth some trouble. Hope this clears it up. :)

Monners

Tested out the Gills site for tixkets and you currently can't purchase for the Cov game - ok for their next game at Oldham though (if anyone fancies it), so looks like they have sussed this one out re having to register.

I was only testing by the way - no intention to buy

Noggin

No Noggin you mis understood which is my fault. I didn't make it clear, sorry mate.

I meant the club and or SAG are encouraging people to look at different options such as buying in the gills end and me and you have both admitted we would both buy there. This is the biggest game ever for a lot of fans and to get a ticket is worth some trouble. Hope this clears it up. :)

sorry for misunderstanding, I fully agree with you :)

chiefdave

Surely the ticketing system CCFC uses isn't bespoke and there's likely plenty of other grounds in the country using a similar system, so...... why can't the club draft in temporary ticketing sellers/assistants from other Midlands clubs (blues, Villa, Leicester) to help with the surge of ticket demand?

On CWR Waggot took the blame and said it was his decision and it basically came down to coming back for this game and having this sort of chaos or putting it off for a few weeks to get everything in place.

westofrayne

sold out.jpg

Gilly website says they have sold out - but what allocation did they have to start with? and what allocation did they sell ??

Have we requested they don't sell B9 thus allowing B10 to be opened??????, can't believe they have sold 2000+ tickets, I live north of the
Thames and its going to be a 3hrs + drive on Friday night, can't see Gilly fans wanting to drive 4.5 hrs +.

kg82

Which when the sky cameras face both goals, it will look like we sold jack shit.

Sisu were never going to allow a complete sell out as would look like a bunch of mugs if they did.

Haha, what?! That's the daftest conspiracy theory ever!

Grendel

Haha, what?! That's the daftest conspiracy theory ever!

Yeah I mean the cameras aren't going to show the packed ends or the people coming in before the game are they?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Any chance someone who's more IT capable than me putting a ground layout up and shading gate areas that are sold/being sold ?

stadium-zones-ra-with-pitch144-1875710.jpg

6,7,8,9,10 are currently away allocation/segregation

Everywhere else sold/being sold or reserved for ST holders claimed by the club.

J

Jack Griffin

There you go for a plan, though the one above is better.. :)
city-of-coventry-stadium-seating-plan_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread