V wolves player ratings (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Murphy 7 didn't have a lot to do but do remember a stupid quick throw out that put us under pressure so deducted one for that.
Willis 7 kept one of the most dangerous players in the lge fairly quiet, put didn't offer much going forward. Needs to sort out these cramp issues
Adams 7 offered a bit going fwd and kept it simple in defence. Needs to work on final ball
Webster 7. Bit dicey at times and lacks pace, but sticks to Presley tactics of keeping a high line dispite this. Would dread to think what would happen without him.
Clarke 8 player really well
Baker 6 lost possession a bit to often for my liking and came infield to much without ball letting them out of defence via left back
Fleck 8 motm for me
Thomas 8 showed great technique and composure at times
Moussa 6 not his best effort
Clarke 7 did ok, needs to learn to Jump though
Wilson 8 kept defence busy throughout

Phillips 8 great goal. And good defending taking the booking with te rugby tackle

jabharty

I'd say all did well, but L.Clarke and Baker disappointed me a little. Remember one opportunity where Clarke just had to feed Wilson through, and we would have been 1-on-1. Poor in the air as well, but he has his good and bad days.
Baker didn't help Willis enough, and was too casual on the ball. Moussa went missing, but Fleck + Thomas made up for it.
Manset played well, he seemed to keep the ball on the deck and calm us down a little.

torchomatic

Disappointingly, I don't feel like I can join in with these threads anymore. :(

However, I'll guess:

Murphy: 1
Willis: 2
Webster: 10
Clarke: 1
Adams: 2
Moussa: 3
Thomas: 2
Fleck: 10
Baker: 3
Clarke: 2
Wilson: 0

Philips: 0
Manset: 10

shy_tall_knight

However, I'll guess:

torchi old fellow don't lose it we need all our posters / fellow supporters to stay sane in these crazy times, I weren't there myself but fleck deserves an 8 at least.

Mrpipes

Yay kill -a- thread

However, I'll guess:

shmmeee

Would like to hear about Moussa from someone who (unlike me) has been to more than two games this season.

Would I be right in saying that he's been one of our worst performers recently and in a squad with more depth would be taken out of the team for a while?

pusbccfc

Fleck was outstanding, ran his socks off, as did Thomas.

Baker and Clarke didn't have the greatest of days.

I'd like to say how well Willis did. Hasn't had many plaudits like some others, but he made some good tackles, and looked composed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would like to hear about Moussa from someone who (unlike me) has been to more than two games this season.

Would I be right in saying that he's been one of our worst performers recently and in a squad with more depth would be taken out of the team for a while?
I haven't been to more than two games but for what it's worth I just don't think he is a wide player, still capable of moments of quality though like Port Vale. Has 5 goals and a few assists this season which is more than a decent return though at this stage of the season.

Sutty

Murphy - 7 - Didn't really have a huge amount to do. Couple of good saves, decent punching of crosses.

Willis - 7 - Had one the toughest jobs in the league dealing with Sako, and did well. Offered us nothing going forward but that wasn't his job today.
Webster - 7 - Much more solid than against Sheff Utd. Seems to be organising the defence better now as well.
Clarke - 8 - Another great showing, so positionally aware, reads the game so well.
Adams - 6 - Not his best game, but not bad either. Allowed their man to squirm away from him a few times down his wing.

Baker - 6 - Again, not at his best, but you can tell opponents are worried by him. They didn't want to give him space to create something.
Thomas - 9 - Imposed himself on the game. Strong tackles in the midfield, and kept things simple in position. Developing a really good partnership with Fleck. The best player on the pitch.
Fleck - 8 - Very impressive without the ball. Worked extremely hard (as did Thomas) to get across and help Willis with Sako.
Moussa - 6 - Didn't quite work for him. Like Baker you could tell the opposition were worried about him, but he was just a bit off with everything he tried.

Clarke - 6 - Was dominated in the air, but when the ball went into his feet he was a threat. Has a tendency to just hold onto the ball for a few seconds too long.
Wilson - 7 - Another who worked his socks off defensively. Link-up with Clarke wasn't as good as it has been, but even so Batth could possibly have been sent off for pulling at Wilson after Clarke put him through.

Subs:

Manset - 7 - Made a good impact. He's a big imposing guy, but he's got a good footballing skill-set as well. Played some nice one-touch stuff. Still not fit enough to do anything other than be an impact sub though.
Phillips - 8 - Two telling contributions. Great technique for his goal and an important last-man challenge in injury time. Good to know we've got options in this position.

Sutty

He's just a bit inconsistent. If he played to his best more regularly he'd be in the Championship or maybe the Premier League, he's so talented. I think we sort of have to accept that for every blinding game where he looks unplayable, he's going to have one where he's a bit anonymous and nothing quite comes off.

shmmeee

I haven't been to more than two games but for what it's worth I just don't think he is a wide player, still capable of moments of quality though like Port Vale. Has 5 goals and a few assists this season which is more than a decent return though at this stage of the season.

That's the thing, I don't question that he has moments of brilliance and can be a match winner, but when I've seen him, for me, he doesn't do the 90 minute job the rest of the team do. I agree it may well be because on the wing isn't his preferred position.

shmmeee

He's just a bit inconsistent. If he played to his best more regularly he'd be in the Championship or maybe the Premier League, he's so talented. I think we sort of have to accept that for every blinding game where he looks unplayable, he's going to have one where he's a bit anonymous and nothing quite comes off.

It's a fair point, you could level the same argument at Baker or Clarke, who again if they played their best very week would be out of our price range. But for me the level those two drop to when off form is still higher than the level Moussa drops to.

But really it wasn't a criticism of Moussa overall, just that recently he seems to have gone off the boil. I will bow to the greater knowledge of those who have seen more football this season though.

bringbackrattles

It was a good team performance and a well deserved point.
Our support was good too pity we were so far apart in our singing though,
but when your stretched along the side it makes it difficult to stay together.
But a good day out even though the police treated us like kids off the train,
herding us together as if we a school party off to the town centre !

Mrpipes

I've watched about 8 games this season off the top of my head , moose early on in season was having great 45 minute cameos , but over the past 4 games i've seen I would say he has gone from 45 minutes to in and out cameos , and in last couple of games he's gone right off the boil
It's time he put in a shift , because when we've needed a difference , like at wolves and brentford , we needed him for the victory and we've been left wanting
Dunno what's up with him but he's not done a lot over past few weeks and I'd rather we used someone else there

However, I'll guess:

It's a fair point, you could level the same argument at Baker or Clarke, who again if they played their best very week would be out of our price range. But for me the level those two drop to when off form is still higher than the level Moussa drops to.

But really it wasn't a criticism of Moussa overall, just that recently he seems to have gone off the boil. I will bow to the greater knowledge of those who have seen more football this season though.

shmmeee

I've watched about 8 games this season off the top of my head , moose early on in season was having great 45 minute cameos , but over the past 4 games i've seen I would say he has gone from 45 minutes to in and out cameos , and in last couple of games he's gone right off the boil
It's time he put in a shift , because when we've needed a difference , like at wolves and brentford , we needed him for the victory and we've been left wanting
Dunno what's up with him but he's not done a lot over past few weeks and I'd rather we used someone else there

Question is: who?

I think Nunes was supposed to be our option there. We don't really have another winger in the squad, especially with Daniels out now.

RFC

Generally speaking I personally think he's been our least consistant performer and in games like this almost disappears completely. He can be a match winner however I'd question his overall commitment and passion the majority of the other squad members are giving.

Sterling Archer

I'd question his overall commitment and passion the majority of the other squad members are giving.
Absolute rubbish. What the hell makes you think that? Know him personally? Let's get Micky Doyle back in for him so we can have some passion!

It's quite simple, if Moussa was all the things some of you are expecting from him, then he wouldn't be here. Has a decent goals and assists tally so far for us, would be utter lunacy to drop him for another player in our threadbare squad.

Warwickhunt

SP is playing Mousse out of his favoured position and doing a job for the team filling the hole in left midfield and supporting Adams

shmmeee

Absolute rubbish. What the hell makes you think that? Know him personally? Let's get Micky Doyle back in for him so we can have some passion!

It's quite simple, if Moussa was all the things some of you are expecting from him, then he wouldn't be here. Has a decent goals and assists tally so far for us, would be utter lunacy to drop him for another player in our threadbare squad.

Just looking at goals and assists isn't the full picture though, when in the season did they come?

The point of my question was more "if we had options, would Moussa be rested for his RECENT performances?". As I said, right now we have no-one else to come in.

What worries me about the small squad is the allure of leaving in under-par players because we don't want to bring someone in, which can lead to undermining the team spirit if certain players appear undroppable.

Mucca Mad Boys

SP is playing Mousse out of his favoured position and doing a job for the team filling the hole in left midfield and supporting Adams

I disagree, a lot.

Last season, some (!) of Moussa's better games came from the left wing, when he played CM, to me, he didn't offer as much on the wing, his assists and goals, in the middle was relatively low, when he came here, he was regarded as RM/CM, who could play LM.

This season, he has been fantastic, he's scored 5 goals already, on target to beat last season's tally of 6, he is our top assister, also matching last seasons tally of 4, and we're still in October, playing only on the wing, whereas he played CM a lot last season, so considering he's doing significantly better this season than the last, I think it's fair to say, you're totally wrong.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I disagree, a lot.

Last season, some (!) of Moussa's better games came from the left wing, when he played CM, to me, he didn't offer as much on the wing, his assists and goals, in the middle was relatively low, when he came here, he was regarded as RM/CM, who could play LM.

This season, he has been fantastic, he's scored 5 goals already, on target to beat last season's tally of 6, he is our top assister, also matching last seasons tally of 4, and we're still in October, playing only on the wing, whereas he played CM a lot last season, so considering he's doing significantly better this season than the last, I think it's fair to say, you're totally wrong.

Pretty much all of Moussa's best performances last season came from an attacking central role

fernandopartridge

The fact was that Saturday we played a well organised side who covered the space between midfield and defence that Moussa usually likes to exploit. He wasn't brilliant but there is absolutely no reason to 'rest' him.

There is a real sense of unity in the squad at the moment and I think being virtually unchanged for a number of games can only help that. Compare it to last season where we'd probably tried 20 players by this stage.

DazzleTommyDazzle

The fact was that Saturday we played a well organised side who covered the space between midfield and defence that Moussa usually likes to exploit. He wasn't brilliant but there is absolutely no reason to 'rest' him.

There is a real sense of unity in the squad at the moment and I think being virtually unchanged for a number of games can only help that. Compare it to last season where we'd probably tried 20 players by this stage.

Don't you mean 20 managers?

shmmeee

A good counter point. Like I say, I've only seen us three times this season (Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Sheff Utd on TV) so don't exactly have the data to back it up. I'd just noticed him being consistently marked lower than others in games where he doesn't have a bit of magic and for me, in the games I saw he goes missing a bit, much like Baker or Clarke can.

Murphy 7 - Did what he had to do and he did it well
Willis 8 - Kept the most dangerous man on the field quite. Amazing challenges and a great will to stop any player in a Wolves shirt. VERY impressed
Webster - Best I seen him play. Not a fan of him, very clumsy, but he did well
J Clarke 8 - Deserves every start he has. Has learned from previous errors. Fantastic defensive display and even did well going forward
Adams 6 - Decent, nothing special
Baker 6 - Again, decent but didn't set the pitch alight
Fleck 8 - Great performance, held the ball well, good passing and his work ethic was fantastic
Moussa 5 - Didn't do much tbh
Thomas 9 - IMO, the Man Of The Match. Defensivley, amazing. Fantastic tackles, helped wherever he could, overall the best I ever seen him
L Clarke 4 - Did nothing til the last few minutes. It looked like he didn't wanna be there
Wilson 7 - Ran for everything but needed Clarke with him. Was unlucky not to score

Subs
Manset 7 - Again, we didn't see much of him but I was very impressed. Good footwork, looked quite promising
Phillips 8 - Great strike for the goal and just defense during the last rush by Wolves. Good start for the kid

SkyBlue_Bear83

This season, on the wing, he has been significantly better than last season. One bad performance against Wolves, who have the best team, hands down, in the division, will not change that.

How many games have you been to this season to make the judgement that he has been significantly better?

SkyBlueCharlie

Would it matter? It only takes a glance at the stats to see he's having a better season last season whilst playing exclusively on the wing. Clearly he's happy playing on the wing, and like last season, when he was on the wing, he had a license to cut inside and do damage i.e. Port Vale (a).

But for the record, haven't had the pleasure of being present at a game, watched Sheff U on TV and listened to every game I can on the radio and it is obvious Moussa is in form and playing some excellent football.

Hi, welcome back, you seem to have been away for awhile, trust everything is OK? don't always agree with you but your passion for the game is refreshing.

Hobo

Don't always agree with you on other topics but do on this about football. I think everyone did a job on Saturday, with a few moments. I would be happy to go again with the starting 11. I thought they played to a plan and stuck with it even after going 1-0 down. Thought we controlled the midfield for long periods, but lacked penetration at times.

Shame Adams tried to press the ball on the edge of the penalty area when the central defenders were all ready doing it. Uunfortunately when Wolves won that battle he was in no mans land leaving Griffith and two others free for the goal. But over all he had a reasonable game. These things happen.

I think we can give Orient a game tonight!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would it matter? It only takes a glance at the stats to see he's having a better season last season whilst playing exclusively on the wing. Clearly he's happy playing on the wing, and like last season, when he was on the wing, he had a license to cut inside and do damage i.e. Port Vale (a).

But for the record, haven't had the pleasure of being present at a game, watched Sheff U on TV and listened to every game I can on the radio and it is obvious Moussa is in form and playing some excellent football.
His stats are good because he is a quality player at this level, capable of playing well from wide positions and no matter where you are playing him he is capable of moments of magic but his performances since he has been here have been more consistent through the middle.

stupot07

I though moussa was poor vs sheff Utd. The lay off to Clarke was his only real contribution, and we we weaker defensively second half down the left hand side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

No SkyBlueTaylor is always right, like last season he was right when telling us 442 was a load of shite and when he was telling us Callum Wilson wouldn't make it at Cov and telling us he didn't have the right minerals to play for CCFC

Users who are viewing this thread