Match Thread Valenciennes Match Thread (Tuesday 11th - 7PM) (1 Viewer)

Adge

I think they could do a job. Both have differences to their game, but goals I can't comment on yet :)

Work ethic is definately there (not Morrell / headless chicken style) and great hold up play and decision making
Were you sitting next to Presley in the stand?

Adge

Top marks SW88, welcome back.... time for a well earned beer.

Liking the sounds of O'Brien, and Biamou so far, Moorhouse sounds promising too.
Only if someone else is buying-you know how mean he is!

bawtryneal

I'm not sure how productive it would be, but if it means I get to see another game, I'll take it!

Not much round here otherwise to be doing with my time. I only chose it for closeness to the ground! :( And I'm here til Sunday

Go to the training ground where the team are staying and speak with MR. Tell them you are bored and out here to watch two games and could you have a run around with the lads. Might be surprised by the response. At worst they would let you watch.

shy_tall_knight

He played last night for a bit I think?
Valenciennes is a beautiful old town in a very economically depressed area of France. It is the former coal mining and steel producing area. There are loads of slag heaps that blot the landscape but some have been turned into dry ski slopes there are also rope bridges connecting one slag heap to another. When there I didn't check out the football stadium. Also it rains a lot.

covcity4life

kelly doyle stevenson

3 is not enough for centre mid. 1 injury and you have 2 guys that must play 90 mins of every game

maybe maycock is good i dunno but would prefer a new signing for such an important part of the pitch

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Valenciennes is a beautiful old town in a very economically depressed area of France. It is the former coal mining and steel producing area. There are loads of slag heaps that blot the landscape but some have been turned into dry ski slopes there are also rope bridges connecting one slag heap to another. When there I didn't check out the football stadium. Also it rains a lot.

But did Kelly play last night? ;)

chiefdave

Go to the training ground where the team are staying and speak with MR. Tell them you are bored and out here to watch two games and could you have a run around with the lads. Might be surprised by the response. At worst they would let you watch.
Seems there was a decent number of our boys there last night. Would be nice if the club could put something on for those who travelled. Open training session or something like that.

Nick

Administrator
INTERVIEW: Mark Robins on the Sky Blues' Pre-Season defeat against Valenciennes

"They had some real quality and we aren't going to come up against that often, but it was a good excercise to try and keep the ball and get into our shape.

"After training this morning, which we worked really hard in, it's been a very good day for us. To come out with two goals and almost dominate the second half after they kept the ball very well in the first was pleasing.

Marc McNulty scored his first goal for the Sky Blues from the penalty spot before youngster Jordan Ponticelli added second, his first goal for the club at senior level.

"We restricted their chances and got level through a penalty. Marc McNulty was just saying he's got one shot and one goal which is a good ratio, so hopefully he'll keep that up!

"Jordan Ponticelli came on for second half and ran his socks off, it was a very good performance capped off with a great finish that at the time put us ahead,"

He added: "Like i've said, in this heat and the way the lads have worked all week has been really encouraging and each member of the squad is showing they're hungry to push each other."

chiefdave

They must be reading this forum, the club have tweeted they're looking to put something on for fans on Friday

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seems there was a decent number of our boys there last night. Would be nice if the club could put something on for those who travelled. Open training session or something like that.

Here's hoping!

Although can I request that's it indoor? I didn't apply enough sun cream today and now look like a silly lobster :emoji_tired_face:

Users who are viewing this thread