van driven at pedestrians in London (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Out of interest wonder if reactions would be different if it was someone trying to justify and lending their support to paedophilia
Of course it would. If you break the law you should be charged, tried and if convicted, sentenced. Once served you are then free.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry I mean it's the same thing. It's not a criminal act to think anything I don't think. It becomes so when one acts on that thought criminally or are we going to do some kind of 'minority support' model

SkyblueBazza

Damn I thought being a lad/acting hard was buying a six pack of larger when you are 15 and drinking them down the park, or sitting at the back of the bus smoking a fag. Maybe smash the occasional bus shelter if you are feeling really edgy and had a few drinks.

Things must have changed, now if you want to be one of the lads you get an Isis flag and go down the local park, but don't worry it's all just harmless banter. Boys will be boys and all that
Different strokes for different folks...& things always escalate. There was a time when one bloke would slap another with his glove to admonish his beastly behaviour too. Now they stamp on heads & stick glasses in their faces or knife them! Move with the times Bear

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Sorry I mean it's the same thing. It's not a criminal act to think anything I don't think. It becomes so when one acts on that thought criminally or are we going to do some kind of 'minority support' model

Viewing child images is illegal. Viewing terrorist material therefore can easily be a crime with a huge jail sentence or at least restriction of civil liberties. With no deterrent this will carry on and on.

SkyblueBazza

More poor judgement by Jezza

Sensational headline grabs attention...a bit that was or will be brushed over is as per usual the philosophical & principled side of JC. In amongst that article he is quoted saying “I have no support for ISIS whatsoever, and obviously [measures] should apply to someone who has committed crimes, but we should bear in mind that expressing a political point of view is not in itself an offence. The commission of a criminal act is clearly a different matter, but expressing a point of view, even an unpalatable one, is sometimes quite important in a democracy". Can anyone reasonably argue with that? It is how our society is set up to work

Sky Blue Pete

Viewing child images is illegal. Viewing terrorist material therefore can easily be a crime with a huge jail sentence or at least restriction of civil liberties. With no deterrent this will carry on and on.
I agree absolutely but it's got to be proportional and take great thought and be regularly reviewed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Different strokes for different folks...& things always escalate. There was a time when one bloke would slap another with his glove to admonish his beastly behaviour too. Now they stamp on heads & stick glasses in their faces or knife them! Move with the times Bear

You can't be serious?

SkyblueBazza

You can't be serious?
The point is serious. Bravado has increased proportionally...so sometimes it might be considered that some very public support is mere rhetoric &/or bravado. The police & intelligence services resources don't stretch to investigating every reported case as deeply as they would like - & they make mistakes. Might have made one in this case...but that is all it would be - amongst the many thwarted efforts of these people. Various senior officers have said for a while now that it's not a question of if the terrorists gain success conducting their evil...but when.

SkyblueBazza

Why is it?

If one of your friends or relatives robs a bank - you might be questioned about any potential involvement. Then they have to release or charge you. Not hold you indefinitely. If there is insufficient evidence of involvement then they MUST release you.
Innocent until proven guilty in law.

Macca

Amazing just how blatant the behaviour of this piece of shit was. Called out a number of times by his own community ( which we are constantly demanding Muslims do) and yet free to kill. Strange forces at work here coming from political leanings of those supposedly elected to look after us. Left or right is the question

SkyBlue_Bear83

The point is serious. Bravado has increased proportionally...so sometimes it might be considered that some very public support is mere rhetoric &/or bravado. The police & intelligence services resources don't stretch to investigating every reported case as deeply as they would like - & they make mistakes. Might have made one in this case...but that is all it would be - amongst the many thwarted efforts of these people. Various senior officers have said for a while now that it's not a question of if the terrorists gain success conducting their evil...but when.

Ok, people going around supporting Isis and terror attacks could just be lads being lads and we should accept this is now normal.

Utterly appalling, we must clamp down on this sort of behaviour. This is not normal anti social behaviour or your typical yob giving it the biggun on a Saturday night out which is what you try to make it sound like.

Sick Boy

I watched that Jihadis Next Door clip last night and they are clearly a minority amongst Muslims and you could see people clearly remonstrating against them.

They were so ridiculous that at times it was bordering on a parody. The leaders of them are nothing more than fame-obsessed cowardly trolls who I doubt would ever do anything themselves and just encourage others to do so.

Captain Dart

I watched that Jihadis Next Door clip last night and they are clearly a minority amongst Muslims and you could see people clearly remonstrating against them.

They were so ridiculous that at times it was bordering on a parody. The leaders of them are nothing more than fame-obsessed cowardly trolls who I doubt would ever do anything themselves and just encourage others to do so.

What a complacent & dismissive attitude you have, good job none of the fringe characters in this parody will turn out to be cold blooded killers, hold on!

SkyblueBazza

Ok, people going around supporting Isis and terror attacks could just be lads being lads and we should accept this is now normal.

Utterly appalling, we must clamp down on this sort of behaviour. This is not normal anti social behaviour or your typical yob giving it the biggun on a Saturday night out which is what you try to make it sound like.
It is absolutely NOT that. But it is always easy to point the finger at the people who make decisions to pursue/arrest others based on what evidence they have. One wrong decision or one thing overlooked & people such as you seem to leap at their throats...whether the decision trns into one of wrongful arrest or a murderer that slips through the net.
These very people have probably had no sleep since the attack, they will be wracked with guilt & pain, worried sick about other decisions made in case they missed another one. That's because they do the best they can in the cicumstances.

What really helps is people calling them out because they miss the odd ones.

Sky Blue Pete

What utter wankers these three pieces of pondscum are. I recognise they weren't born wanting to kill and maim and in a way they are victims too but what utter bastards reading through what happened

These words though fill me with hope about one of the victims. For each wanker there are thousands like her

upload_2017-6-6_12-22-57.gif
Met Police

The Met Police have confirmed that Australian Kirsty Boden was one of the victims of Saturday's attack.

In a statement, her family said she was the "most outgoing, kind and generous person who loved to help people".

"Helping people was what she loved to do in her job as a nurse and in her daily life.

“As she ran towards danger, in an effort to help people on the bridge, Kirsty sadly lost her life.

"We are so proud of Kirsty’s brave actions which demonstrate how selfless, caring and heroic she was, not only on that night, but throughout all of her life.

"Kirsty – we love you and we will miss you dearly."

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is absolutely NOT that. But it is always easy to point the finger at the people who make decisions to pursue/arrest others based on what evidence they have. One wrong decision or one thing overlooked & people such as you seem to leap at their throats...whether the decision trns into one of wrongful arrest or a murderer that slips through the net.
These very people have probably had no sleep since the attack, they will be wracked with guilt & pain, worried sick about other decisions made in case they missed another one. That's because they do the best they can in the cicumstances.

What really helps is people calling them out because they miss the odd ones.

What do you mean? I'm not directly having a go at the police/investigators, or at least wasn't trying to do. I think they need more man power, as well as a change in law to give them more legal power to round up these suspected Isis supporters who are walking free and put them behind bars before they can carry out an attack.

SkyblueBazza

What do you mean? I'm not directly having a go at the police/investigators, or at least wasn't trying to do. I think they need more man power, as well as a change in law to give them more legal power to round up these suspected Isis supporters who are walking free and put them behind bars before they can carry out an attack.
Fair enough. I wasn't meaning to have a go at you - just what I thought you were trying to do. Stir up a hornets nest as-in "Police are to blame" kind of thing

Nick

Administrator
There is footage now of them being shot.

What I don't get is now that blokes wife in the press all the time about how he wanted her to go to Syria etc. Did she report him?

higgs

You would hope she did but there seem to be too many that need to be watched and too little resources to watch them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
While I don't agree with snubbing a minutes silence, why are they having one for London? If one was arranged then of course they should take part out of respect but why was there one?

We don't have one when Iran gets bombed etc.

chiefdave

While I don't agree with snubbing a minutes silence, why are they having one for London? If one was arranged then of course they should take part out of respect but why was there one?
They were playing Australia in Adelaide. The Australian FA equivalent arranged it as there were 2 Australians among the dead in London.

Users who are viewing this thread