Transfer Rumour Van Ewijk - Confirmed (3 Viewers)

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

IMG_0700.png
Transfer game Milan van Ewijk on the car: Coventry City bids for right back, also interest from Leeds United

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

Coventry City was already interested in Van Ewijk at the end of last season and, just like Anderlecht at the time, made an offer. Both times that was resolutely refused by SC Heerenveen. Nevertheless, Coventry City made another attempt last week. However, the English club, which recently narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League, received another zero from the Abe Lenstra stadium.

CovLad94

That's 2 bids rejected, they previously rejected one from Anderlecht too. Would be a massive coup, has to be £6 mill plus surely?

AFCCOVENTRY

Looks like we made another offer last week which was rejected

SC Heerenveen refused an offer from Coventry City last week. This club has wanted to capture Van Ewijk for some time.

Leeds United are now also interested in the 22-year-old right back.

Bennettbarnet

Full article:
"Transfer game Milan van Ewijk on the car: Coventry City bids for right back, also interest from Leeds United The transfer game around Milan van Ewijk is on the car. SC Heerenveen rejected an offer from Coventry City last week. Leeds United is now also on the market.

Sports Coventry City was already interested in Van Ewijk at the end of last season and, just like Anderlecht at the time, made an offer. Both times that was resolutely refused by SC Heerenveen. Nevertheless, Coventry City made another attempt last week. However, the English club, which recently narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League, received another zero from the Abe Lenstra stadium

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

PVA

Some Dutch guy in the replies saying minium €6/7m, possibly more like €8/9m and that he was one of the best right backs in the Eredivisie last season.

Also played for Netherlands in the recent u21 euros

TomRad85

Some Dutch guy in the replies saying minium €6/7m, possibly more like €8/9m and that he was one of the best right backs in the Eredivisie last season.

Also played for Netherlands in the recent u21 euros
If we can talk them into a Simms like structure then maybe, otherwise it's pretty unlikely isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

I suspect every deal we’re doing this summer is structured like that.
Yeh but it's how much can we lean into that side of it isn't it. If they want 6 mil plus 1 mil if we get promoted then there's no chance. If it's 3.5 then a further 3.5 on promotion then maybe. That's oversimplified of course.

PVA

I guess interest in this guy, if genuine, puts to bed the argument about where Sakamoto was signed to play.

fatso

I'm not saying he ain't worth it, but the money quoted (if true) would be huge for us to pay.
Maybe the club are spending the Hamer money before he goes 😱

covcity4life

I'm not saying he ain't worth it, but the money quoted (if true) would be huge for us to pay.
Maybe the club are spending the Hamer money before he goes 😱
We still have gyok money and who knows if Doug is happy to put his own 2-3m in even if we had not sold him.

No one knows

Grendel

I guess interest in this guy, if genuine, puts to bed the argument about where Sakamoto was signed to play.

And resigning Norton Cuffey

long way home

They are playing Huddersfield on Saturday in a friendly, so im sure we will be talking to the club to try to get him in. He spoke after a friendly in the week and said he will miss his team mates and has always wanted to play abroad. We are going to have to pay big for this player but he will be worth in my opinion.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t think Sakamoto was signed to be our first choice RWB. It’s likely that we’ve signed him to play in the box and either side of the WB slots.

It’s a long season so having a player who can play WB and in the box is important.

slowpoke

Van Ewijk, Dutch full-back ? Linked with Dutch striker Vente ? Pirole is Dutch and we have a Dutch/Brazilian we are trying to convince to stay. Perhaps the outcome will be all double dutch.

long way home

Robins is building a squad of young versatile players on long contracts that will hopefully develop into very expensive assets. Not all will turn out that way but in my opinion its the best way to go, not only to maximize the profit of the investment but to build a strong unit full of team spirit. We will see loan signings but i don't think the 5 will be 1st team starters more quality depth.

SkyBlueSam01

Robins is building a squad of young versatile players on long contracts that will hopefully develop into very expensive assets. Not all will turn out that way but in my opinion its the best way to go, not only to maximize the profit of the investment but to build a strong unit full of team spirit. We will see loan signings but i don't think the 5 will be 1st team starters more quality depth.

Think the retention of Kelly and Fadz is central to this strategy - its a great strategy to sign prospects as we are but to develop them they need the right leadership and guidance from existing senior players who know the club

slowpoke

I don’t think Sakamoto was signed to be our first choice RWB. It’s likely that we’ve signed him to play in the box and either side of the WB slots.

It’s a long season so having a player who can play WB and in the box is important.
Watching him yesterday admittedly only about 20 minutes due to getting in late I doubt he will be our rwb on a regular basis.

TomRad85

Watching him yesterday admittedly only about 20 minutes due to getting in late I doubt he will be our rwb on a regular basis.
And you got that from him playing a pre season game at LWB?

SeaSeeEffCee

This would be a very exciting signing, but maybe a bit beyond us.

Andy Turner seems to think he’d cost £4m which seems a bit more doable but that is of course Andy Turner saying that.

Ccfcisparks

This would be a very exciting signing, but maybe a bit beyond us.

Andy Turner seems to think he’d cost £4m which seems a bit more doable but that is of course Andy Turner saying that.
£4m would be worth it imo. ticks all the boxes to be a big sale in the future.

Alkhen

Would think our ability to broker deals weighted more towards success clauses has been boosted massively by how narrowly we missed out last season.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Van Ewijk, Dutch full-back ? Linked with Dutch striker Vente ? Pirole is Dutch and we have a Dutch/Brazilian we are trying to convince to stay. Perhaps the outcome will be all double dutch.

If this could happen, would make Gus feel right at home.

Grendel

Yeah I don’t see it. Have we ever spent this much money on a defender?

Hard to say with inflation etc - I would guess £2.5 m was the highest before

Users who are viewing this thread