Transfer Rumour Van Ewijk - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Hilssner and Kastaneer both came in with very little pedigree. This guy plays for Netherlands U21s at the Euros and was one of the best full backs in the Eredivise last year.
I want to be convinced for spunking 25 % of our transfer budget on a RWB.

hill83

If Leeds are interested as a few people have said why would he come to us? Genuine question.

TomRad85

Also I'm not sure that Sporting and Porto amongst others were interested in Hilssner and Kastaneer like they reportedly are in this guy
Think Kenilworth Sporting showed a bit of interest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Even just from the clips of this guy you can see why it would be worth pushing the boat out. Has an end product basically. Wingbacks who score are a rarity in the modern game. You could see him being worth £15m+ after one season.

End product for me is the biggest thing. That being said, I'm still not a huge fan of the wingback system. They need to be contributing a lot. The stats on Dabo for example, were horrendous. Have that on both sides and it stifles your creativity.

Stats on this guy are a bit better, at least on goals. Only one assist last season though I think. Heerenveen are a fairly respectable Eredivise team, so the standard isn't a million miles away from us. Let's see.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

End product for me is the biggest thing. That being said, I'm still not a huge fan of the wingback system. They need to be contributing a lot. The stats on Dabo for example, were horrendous. Have that on both sides and it stifles your creativity.

Stats on this guy are a bit better, at least on goals. Only one assist last season though I think. Heerenveen are a fairly respectable Eredivise team, so the standard isn't a million miles away from us. Let's see.
That's "one assist" converted. The interesting stat is how many chances did he create?

Danceswithhorses

Eredivisie Heerenveen to Championship Coventry seems a stretch, especially as he played 49 times for them last year...hardly a squad player for 'The Super Frisians'.
Does look a decent player though.

Bennettbarnet

Unknown to you doesn't mean unknown to the wider football world. I think we can assume they've done their homework.

I have seen so many posts now of a similar nature claiming "we" know nothing about them. I think its fair to assume that if we are in for them, we have done our homework and the price is the price that they feel is good business. We need to trust more and whinge less.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Bennettbarnet

If Leeds are interested as a few people have said why would he come to us? Genuine question.
Maybe some players in their early twenties are more concerned with their development in the long term. If that is the case, which should be the priority for any player who takes their job seriously, the question should be why wouldn't they join us ahead of anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Speedie's Head

I think people were just enjoying a bit of exaggerated positivity mate, you should try as you've been stinking out the joint today. I swear you aren't usually this bad.

You're obviously thinking of someone else, I've only just logged in. Don't let that stop you from bullying though will you?

TomRad85

You're obviously thinking of someone else, I've only just logged in. Don't let that stop you from bullying though will you?
Oh alright we've got 2 overly negative cry babies on here today then. Bullying

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's "one assist" converted. The interesting stat is how many chances did he create?

One assist the season before too, three the year before that. I am not saying he isn't a good player, but we can be honest about what's in the stats. Six goals from RWB is decent last season though. Don't think Dabo even got one for us in the several years he was here.

Eredivisie Heerenveen to Championship Coventry seems a stretch, especially as he played 49 times for them last year...hardly a squad player for 'The Super Frisians'.
Does look a decent player though.

Most of the Eredivise is Championship standard.

Users who are viewing this thread