Transfer Rumour Van Ewijk - Confirmed (3 Viewers)

djr8369

Theres a place in modern football for those who aren't from a footballing background. Theres so much power in data that
I can imagine it can offer an advantage in some ways as they won’t have biases picked up from working in the game and could hopefully be a bit more objective in looking at the data.

ExmouthNeil

I am genuinely impressed by him.
Listened to his interview and was pleasantly surprised how well he spoke and how good his English was.
Managed to have a little chat with him yesterday and what a really nice young man (how old am I?)
Didn't stop smiling and couldn't do enough for the fans.
Breath of fresh air and restored my faith in the younger generation...

Let's hope he can play football...

Sick Boy

I am genuinely impressed by him.
Listened to his interview and was pleasantly surprised how well he spoke and how good his English was.
Managed to have a little chat with him yesterday and what a really nice young man (how old am I?)
Didn't stop smiling and couldn't do enough for the fans.
Breath of fresh air and restored my faith in the younger generation...

Let's hope he can play football...
Why were you surprised by his level of English - the Dutch speak excellent English.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No I haven't... But I have met a fair number of Dutch people on my travels...
It really wasn't my point, just the fact that he is very articulate and confident in what will be his second language...
I just hope he'll be a massive success for us...

Even the 70 year old grandmother working in the green grocers speaks fluent English in The Netherlands. The literacy age of a young person there in some schools would probably be better than many you'd find in Coventry too, and that isn't a joke. I get your point, and that might be true in some countries in Europe, but not NL.

ExmouthNeil

Even the 70 year old grandmother working in the green grocers speaks fluent English in The Netherlands. The literacy age of a young person there in some schools would probably be better than many you'd find in Coventry too, and that isn't a joke. I get your point, and that might be true in some countries in Europe, but not NL.
Well let's just hope he's really good at the football thing....

shmmeee

Yeah learning a language as a second language means you learn all the rules and grammar we just kinda take for granted too.

And the guy was born in Amsterdam, he’s going to be fluent. He’s not from some farm town in Baumfookland.

covcity4life

Im learning Russian at the moment
Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Does anyone know if Milan training today or are we still waiting for clearance?

Users who are viewing this thread