Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

We know they tried to sign midfielders. Swift was one. The worry for me is that if they had landed Swift he is still not the type of mix to box midfielder we are missing ….. he’s another 10, not an 8.
Swift is back in the WBA fold and scored 4 in 7, so there’s no chance of that being followed up in Jan now. A goalscoring midfielder, what a concept

CV22SBA

Everyone slating wright and simms should be looking at the other end of the pitch, we’ve scored one less goal than Preston who are top, we’re conceding soft goals, so,long as godden keeps scoring it gives wright/simms a bit more time to settle in, stick with them
Seriously? Do you get to many games? Wright cannot shoot, he really can't. Watch him in the warm-ups. Wimbledon in the cup literally two of his shots went out of the actual stadium. On Tuesday he had a shot from just inside the box that went out for a throw. He has no strength attacking and gets knocked off the ball so easily. Simms i think will come good.

blunted

Nor are you
Absolutely not. Like you I would probably be shit. However, I don't ever think I could solve our current problems with some 1970s or 80s solutions. Fear and heavy handed actions simply don't work anymore with millionaire footballers. Fortunately, we have experienced staff in charge who know what they are doing. I worry we have been let down by mediocre recruitment.

Torquay Sky Blue

Yes the recruitment, apart from the Dutch kid who runs fast, looks pretty shoddy. That's If we're going to be honest.
But we can try and stay positive I guess

ProfessorbyGrace

Rewinding slightly, that pass from Simms to DaSilva (who then crossed for Goddens second) was perfectly timed; a really tidy flick-through that bypassed two defenders.

Only just seen it properly, on ‘City Unseen’.

quinn1971

Seriously? Do you get to many games? Wright cannot shoot, he really can't. Watch him in the warm-ups. Wimbledon in the cup literally two of his shots went out of the actual stadium. On Tuesday he had a shot from just inside the box that went out for a throw. He has no strength attacking and gets knocked off the ball so easily. Simms i think will come good.
Hasn’t he scored more than simms 😂

shmmeee

Yes the recruitment, apart from the Dutch kid who runs fast, looks pretty shoddy. That's If we're going to be honest.
But we can try and stay positive I guess

Think that’s harsh. Latibeaudiere looks a signing and only 23. Dasilva ive been impressed with in possession and offers something different to Bidwell. Thomas and Binks have looked OK. We haven’t really seen Kitching even if first impressions weren’t great. Simms hasn’t really had a proper go other than pre season when he scored four. Collins too hasn’t looked great but hasn’t had a proper run yet. Saka has looked decent if not quite fitting into the system. Ayari looks class.

There’s some really worrying signs with our most expensive signings. But I don’t think it’s fair to write them all off.

Sick Boy

Looked like Wilson lost his bearings when he retreats, thinking he's narrowed the angle, but is actually too far across and giving most of the goal to aim at. So then badly placed for a shot into the far corner. Because he came out and then back he's also not set when the forward shoots hence no real attempt to save.
Not his finest work.
He jumped out the way, it was pathetic.

stupot07

Hasn’t he scored more than simms
All comps

Simms 3 starts 5 subs 264 mins 0 goals
Wright 5 starts 3 subs 480 mins 1 goal

To be fair Wright has played nearly double the minutes as Simms for his single goal.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread