Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (1 Viewer)

edgy

For me the front line needs freshening up.

Impressed with Binks and Ayari, so they keep the shirts. Wonder if Lati may get a rest after his international duty and then Friday match. We seem to have plenty of options in defence currently, any 3 of 5 is ok by me.

Issues now lie in the midfield. Kelly and Eccles we fine for 60 odd minutes but MR needs to work out what happens after that.

1695029286270.png

ccfcmad1

Definitely time for Simms and Wright to start nothing against godden but we need to see these two build a partnership which I believe will come good, any idea how many tickets sold last update from club was over a week ago around 1200 then. Another indication how far we've come as a club not to long ago we would struggle to sell 500 for this midweek.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wild, wet and windy (me after too many pints of Madri)

Seriously though, it's not likely to be a pretty game of football, given the forecast conditions. Hopefully the extra 24 hours rest will help us.

Sky Blue Harry H

Definitely time for Simms and Wright to start nothing against godden but we need to see these two build a partnership which I believe will come good, any idea how many tickets sold last update from club was over a week ago around 1200 then. Another indication how far we've come as a club not to long ago we would struggle to sell 500 for this midweek.
They've quoted about 1500 a few days ago.

skyblue025

Looking forward to this one, but not the drive home. I'd stick with Godden as he's scoring and no one else looks like they can at the minute. History tells us he will get injured sooner or later so Wright and Simms will get plenty of time playing together when it hapoens. I'd guess the only other position up for debate is does Thomas or Kitching come in at the back?

napolimp

So far we've played 2 up front with one of either Wright or Simms coming on as a replacement. As above, lets rotate and have Godden on the bench this time to come on after 60/70 mins. Nothing to do with dropping Godden just seems like a good idea to give each partnership minutes, and nothing wrong with resting Godden's legs a little.

skybluecam

Anyone know where the best place to park is for Cardiff? Their club website has some options but they seem to be first come first serve on the night rather than bookable which isn’t ideal

PVA

I think I'd revert to the box

Wilson

Lati – Fadz – Binks

MVE – Kelly – Eccles – Dasilva

Ayari – Palmer

Wright

Then if we need to go two up top we have options on the bench and we have Saka/Allen to come on at AM.

Possibly give Kitching a start too, if Fadz old legs need a rest.

ccfcmad1

Anyone know where the best place to park is for Cardiff? Their club website has some options but they seem to be first come first serve on the night rather than bookable which isn’t ideal
Go on just park, I used it for wembley and parked up on someone's drive for a good price, cheapest I could see for Cardiff was Asda £6 right next to stadium

slowpoke

Looking forward to this one, but not the drive home. I'd stick with Godden as he's scoring and no one else looks like they can at the minute. History tells us he will get injured sooner or later so Wright and Simms will get plenty of time playing together when it hapoens. I'd guess the only other position up for debate is does Thomas or Kitching come in at the back?
What history is that ?

sylus

well i would start with palmer alongside Eccles instead of Kelly(time to drop him)Ayari ahead of them with wright and simms up top, we need creativity in midfield and with palmer we would have that.

sylus

who says we have to play another defensive miffielder alongside Sheaf/Eccles, palmer doesn't have to play the CAM role, why not central midfield as another attacking option, would take the pressure of Eccles to. why not play one defensive and one centre mid, I.E Palmer, playing two defensive players is so Robins, it is just a thought or another option.

sylus

besides we are hardly going to get a goal out of Kelly are we, so why not try something different,

covmutley

I live just outside Cardiff and go to quite a few of their games, when mates have spare tickets going. My lad has a season ticket this year. Obviously Im in the away end for this one!

Cardiff have been poor last season and start of this one, but they seem to be on an upward trend of late, and no doubt will be riding high after the Swansea result. Ramsey has only been playing 70 mins or so, but played about 85 on Saturday evening before hitting the deck and then hobbled around for a few minutes waiting to get off the pitch. I cant see him staring this one.

At left back, I watched the Sheff Wed game and Collins was awful, so thought Panzo might get in. But Collins was good against Swansea, so I cant see Panzo starting.

They have a new CM, Siopis who is good at controlling the game in the middle. Not hugely creative, but seems to do the simple things well and keep them ticking over, with Ramsey the more creative of course.

Cardiff are pretty poor up front I would say. A few big lads up there, but they dont seem to offer too much. Ollie Tanner is a fans favourite already- coming from lower league and got a great goal against Swansea and then winning a penalty. He is very direct and will run at people. He has been used as a sub, but I think he may well start this one.

Could be a dull affair with the wet and windy weather forecast. I can see a 0-0 or single goal in it. Hopefully Wright / Simms can get one and kick start us!

Boicey

Time to use the squad depth. Start with Simms and Sakamoto.
Obv it will be Godden and Palmer.

PVA

Just looking at some stats and Ayari has created 6.9 chances per 90mins.

If you take out Hamer (6.3), the next best is Palmer at 2.3 and Dasilva at 1.7.

So clearly Ayari has a huge role to play for us and could be a key creator in Hamer's absence, whether that's from 10 or whether he eventually starts a bit deeper we'll have to see.

fernandopartridge

So clearly Ayari has a huge role to play for us and could be a key creator in Hamer's absence, whether that's from 10 or whether he eventually starts a bit deeper we'll have to see.

I thought he played well at Hull, he definitely looks more like an attacking midfielder than somebody who could do what Hamer could.

robbiethemole

we used park on my drive last year, got a private housing estate just across the road from the stadium £7.50

Saddlebrains

Lose this and we're suddenly only 4 points better off than we were after 7 games last season despite the no pitch and no games debacle

Which isnt great is it?

WestEndAgro

Where's everyone drinking tomorrow, any suggestions please.
Edit :
After a few minutes research The Lands downe looks like a good bet.

Last edited:

BlueSkiesForever

Really think we either need to start Simms and Wright together or use the box formation, something needs to change because we never look like we’re going to win a game 3-0, 4-0 etc.
Sakamoto needs to be starting for me, he’s a really tricky player and seems ferocious when trying to get the ball back, I’d personally go with this:

9CC41F93-D753-42D7-A259-9F2F060F38C9.jpeg

Boicey

Tbh he's barely played 90 mins!

torchomatic

Yeah, looking forward but not to driving back. We have parking in the Asda next to the ground, so at least we won't have to drive around for a parking spot, which can be pretty stressful, particularly when running late.

Users who are viewing this thread