Wage Budget (1 Viewer)

cloughie

Exactly true. Listen I agree with mowbray but there has to come a cut off point surely? Yes once the money is spent its spent but with no strikers for first 5 games of the season then playing catch up already. Should of been a striker or two in by now.

maybe Mowbray is finding out just how difficult it is to recruit quality players without little money
Maybe harder than even he expected

Grendel

maybe Mowbray is finding out just how difficult it is to recruit quality players without little money
Maybe harder than even he expected

Well then 70% of managers in the division will be finding it even harder....

cloughie

Well then 70% of managers in the division will be finding it even harder....

I have rarely posted for a long time yet the grim reaper returns as soon as I do!

So prove your facts that we have a top 30% budget for this league.

I won't hold my breathe as facts aren't your forte

FRY-CCFC

I have rarely posted for a long time yet the grim reaper returns as soon as I do!

Teams with a bigger budget than us:

Sheffield United
Wigan
Millwall
Bury

Teams with very similar budgets to us:

Barnsley
Bradford
Donny
Peterborough

Teams with a smaller budget:

The rest.

In my opinion of course based on what fans have said and what signings have been made.

FRY-CCFC

Bury? Don't think I'd have them down personally
Rumoured to have Clarke and Pope on around 3/4k a week on three year contracts. Peter Clarke and Mellis will both be on a fair wedge as well. Bury are going for it this year and have backed Flitcroft heavily which I think will backfire as I don't rate him as a manager at all.

Kingokings204

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/58731-Wage-Budget

Rumoured to have Clarke and Pope on around 3/4k a week on three year contracts. Peter Clarke and Mellis will both be on a fair wedge as well. Bury are going for it this year and have backed Flitcroft heavily which I think will backfire as I don't rate him as a manager at all.

I wouldn't under estimate flitcroft. I've been on holiday with him and he is well respected in the lower leagues. In great shape himself no less and is a very stern figure. He has been backed and I don't care what anyone says pope and Clarke are two of the better strikers in this league and will score goals. Other players also. I would watch out for bury.

dongonzalos

Teams with a bigger budget than us:

Sheffield United
Wigan
Millwall
Bury

Teams with very similar budgets to us:

Barnsley
Bradford
Donny
Peterborough

Teams with a smaller budget:

The rest.

In my opinion of course based on what fans have said and what signings have been made.

Bradford recently turned down a bid of 500k for a player who became a squad player towards the later half of their season.
They also signed one of TM's main signings for a few hundreds more.

They also sold 16k season tickets

Could they have a higher budget?

dongonzalos

So for the report that requested, my thoughts are as follows;

Didn't et going in the first half. Serious words must have been said at HT.

Poor game for Fleck. Not sure if it was an odd day of due to the added pressure of having the armband. Just couldn't keep hold of the ball nor could he find one of his own players.

Burge still worries me. Made a few decent shot stopping saves but his kicking, and trying to be cocky will cost us before long.

Reuben looks decent, glad to hear Mowbray is trying to sort a deal out. He looked lively and had our best effort which would have gone in had if not been for a last ditch challenge from a defender.

Top class finish by Thomas but he was only ever going to score from a long ball; had no chance against Pompeys CB pairing who missed very little all game.

Couldn't tell if Swanson had done enough to earn an extended stay in coventry, but wouldn't be surprised if he was allowed to move on.

Reda looked ok. Looked slimmer. Will he and Ricketts be the answer for CB? I still worry about pace at the back.

Willis still isn't a RB, but is probably the only way he'll be getting a game.

A lot of improvement needed still, but we are still only two games into the pre season so a bit soon to hit the panic button.

As for ratings, but difficult to award ratings pre season, isn't it? ;)

5 signings this beed quicker rather than the usual too late. Good time for this friendly
To prevent another manager becoming a scape goat of the regime

We seriously cannot not be that unlucky with managers.

FRY-CCFC

Bradford recently turned down a bid of 500k for a player who became a squad player towards the later half of their season.
They also signed one of TM's main signings for a few hundreds more.

They also sold 16k season tickets

Could they have a higher budget?

The opinion of Sheff UTD fans on the man we missed out on, Tony McMahon

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/tony-mcmahon.39112/

Possibly, but having a large budget and being in a position where the club doesn't need to sell players are different entities all together.

ccfctommy

Mowbray's budget is 2.5 million according to the CT.

cloughie

Mowbray's budget is 2.5 million according to the CT.

2.5 million to run the whole club including things like pre season trips and anything else ie "lick of paint at the trainning ground". According to Mowbray

Other clubs talk about players budgets not the whole club budget. I would guess there maybe a difference

Sbarcher

Wage Budget? Is he a forward?

skybluetony176

It looks like Waggott ate most of the budget lol.

It is interesting Waggott says the players at Pressleys disposal were good enough for a top 6th finish. I don't agree with that. Then goes on to say it was a top 6 budget....its a newspaper article and proves nothing.

I often wonder how SW knows it's top 6. Presumably he must know the budget of every club in the league to make that comment truthfully. Is that likely?

Kingokings204

I think if we all take an educated guess from what us fans know we all wouldn't be far apart. To me we have a decent budget that wouldn't be in the top 6 in the league and wouldn't be in the bottom 6 in this league so going by that I think we would all agree we have a mid table top 10-12 budget in this league.

rupert_bear

Will the budget increase if we get a kick back from any Callum Wilson transfer ?

Oh and a properly run football club wouldn't announce publically what their budget was, would they ?

Last edited:

Grendel

I often wonder how SW knows it's top 6. Presumably he must know the budget of every club in the league to make that comment truthfully. Is that likely?

The club knows all other clubs budgets so yes.

Nick

Administrator
Will the budget increase if we get a kick back from any Callum Wilson transfer ?

Oh and a properly run football club wouldn't announce publically what their budget was, would they ?

Some do I think. Although I am sure if they didn't it was because they were being dodgy and hiding things from fans?

lifelongcityfan

The club knows all other clubs budgets so yes.

how do they know..is there a rule that they have to disclose? I thought the only rule was to lodge accounts ( which are historic by definition ) and comply with League rules regarding Wages:Revenues.

Why would a club tell another what it s budget is...surely that undermines there negotiating position etc?

Once again Grendal posting as a know all!!! If I am wrong show me the rules that oblige clubs to disclose their budget!!

covmark

I'm sure if Waggot stated that our budget was in the bottom 6 of the league, the likes of dongo and Tony would take it as gospel, in order to use it as a stick to beat the owners with. Because it's in the top 6, they give it the "but how do they know" crap.

Nick

Administrator
how do they know..is there a rule that they have to disclose? I thought the only rule was to lodge accounts ( which are historic by definition ) and comply with League rules regarding Wages:Revenues.

Why would a club tell another what it s budget is...surely that undermines there negotiating position etc?

Once again Grendal posting as a know all!!! If I am wrong show me the rules that oblige clubs to disclose their budget!!

Don't clubs have to submit budgets before the season? OR something like that.

Nick

Administrator
To the FL?
Then all clubs also get to see everyone else's?

Haven't other clubs also commented that their wage budgets are in certain places in the league? How do they know?

I don't know the exact process and if all clubs have to stand up and present them to each other or if they know the exact to the penny but pretty sure they will have a good idea about them and where they each stand.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristo...est-division/story-19945202-detail/story.html
http://www.football365.com/league-one/9068203/Town-defend-playing-budget
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...-in-league-one-reveals-chris-turner-1-7261524

The Chesterfield guy seems to know a lot too, and that ours is bigger than theirs. How do they all seem to know where their team stands?

If the Chesterfield guy has said theirs is top 10 and ours is miles higher, surely top 6 doesn't sound too strange? Unless SISU have paid him to say that to fool fans.

rupert_bear

Don't clubs have to submit budgets before the season? OR something like that.
Would have thought there was some flexibility in that, for example if we received a million quid for a player i would have thought that million could be spent on player/players. I know there is this ffp scenario but would changing one player for another or others come to that be in a budget ?

skybluetony176

I'm sure if Waggot stated that our budget was in the bottom 6 of the league, the likes of dongo and Tony would take it as gospel, in order to use it as a stick to beat the owners with. Because it's in the top 6, they give it the "but how do they know" crap.

Apart from the point I only asked the question to understand how we know it's a top 6 budget so I'm not beating anyone I assume that what you're actually saying is that me and Dongo are the only 2 posters on here who will actually be bothered that our budget will automatically make us relegation candidates? I seriously doubt that.

You know, sometimes if you don't have anything intelligent to say it's probably best not saying anything at all.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I was under the impression that all clubs have to disclose their budget to the FL - possibly as part of the FFP regs? - and this information is available to all other clubs. Hence they all know with absolute certainty where the budget sits relative to others.

I'm sure this has been discussed previously on here but CBA to find it...

PUSB

dongonzalos

Haven't other clubs also commented that their wage budgets are in certain places in the league? How do they know?

I don't know the exact process and if all clubs have to stand up and present them to each other or if they know the exact to the penny but pretty sure they will have a good idea about them and where they each stand.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristo...est-division/story-19945202-detail/story.html
http://www.football365.com/league-one/9068203/Town-defend-playing-budget
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...-in-league-one-reveals-chris-turner-1-7261524

The Chesterfield guy seems to know a lot too, and that ours is bigger than theirs. How do they all seem to know where their team stands?

If the Chesterfield guy has said theirs is top 10 and ours is miles higher, surely top 6 doesn't sound too strange? Unless SISU have paid him to say that to fool fans.

I don't know how people know. That's why I am asking?
I don't know how Mr Waggot knows that ours is a top six budget.
By the sounds of it you don't know either?

Does anybody know how we know this information.

I think you are probably wrong Nick I can't see SISU paying fans of other clubs to say what our budget is.

That's up there with people thinking the CET are making up that they speak to SISU sources. Or if someone posts in here a lot about the future of the club they love, they are either employed by SISU or the Council.

dongonzalos

I was under the impression that all clubs have to disclose their budget to the FL - possibly as part of the FFP regs? - and this information is available to all other clubs. Hence they all know with absolute certainty where the budget sits relative to others.

I'm sure this has been discussed previously on here but CBA to find it...

PUSB

It's got to be recorded somewhere because of FFP.
Would be interesting to see it. If that then means it's viewable to all clubs

Users who are viewing this thread