Waghorn (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Thought he was okay at times but he once again fluffed his chances.

Also, his movement when Bidwell/Kane and others were at the byline was dreadful. It was clear they were aiming for the front post but Waghorn didn't wise up to it and was static.

Jamesimus

I wasn't overly-enamoured with his signing and said at the time, having seen him at Derby a few times previously; never thought he looked particularly great.

Always felt he was an upgrade on our substitutes rather than an upgrade on our first team players.

I was willing to give him a chance, but seems like I may not have to continue doing that soon.

I don't think he is by any means terrible, but it just confirms that the x-amount of games at championship level does not always = a better player (some posters have suggested this in the past).

Gint11

Trust me, they are not.

Waghorn is on that, O'Hare isn't too far behind.

Trust me, they are.
Bizarre comments in this thread that are full of bias.

Regardless on our views regarding whether he should be moved on in the summer or not his performance was much improved yesterday.

I agree he played alright yesterday but on the bigger picture, he’s our top earner and scored 1 goal hasn’t he? Or is it zero?

Either way that isn’t good enough. If Gyko and Godden bag 15+ each in a season, he needs to chip in with 5+ goals himself.

If we’re going to progress to a top 6 team hopefully, we need better outcomes individually.

cc84cov

Bizarre comments in this thread that are full of bias.

Regardless on our views regarding whether he should be moved on in the summer or not his performance was much improved yesterday.
Reaching he’s poor and was a poor signing by a manager who should of known better than blowing good money on him in wages hopefully he’s finished here I would rather Bakayoko back

KenilworthSkyBlue

Trust me, they are.

I agree he played alright yesterday but on the bigger picture, he’s our top earner and scored 1 goal hasn’t he? Or is it zero?

Either way that isn’t good enough. If Gyko and Godden bag 15+ each in a season, he needs to chip in with 5+ goals himself.

If we’re going to progress to a top 6 team hopefully, we need better outcomes individually.

He's not been good enough no, but that's largely irrelevant to his performance yesterday.

It's clear we need to move him on - how feasible that is, is a different argument altogether - but posters are quite clearly using their preconceived views of him to suggest he had yet another poor game which is purposely fallacious.

better days

Can't see this lad or Tyler Walker being involved next season
Neither has a decent relationship with the manager so based on past experience they'll be in the bomb squad unless loans can be arranged
Little chance of a sale as they're likely to be on decent contracts which would deter interest
Going to be some big changes in the make up of the first team group with several other fringe players going even before we sell any of our more valuable guys

play_in_skyblue_stripes

uumm not sure how to take the normally positive bd's comments, doesn't sound encouraging on first read. It could be lots of talented new replacements are coming in of course but to me that would be a surprise albeit a pleasant one.

sylus

thought Waghorn was off to Derby, or is that wishful thinking, i think of Waghorn and it just makes me laugh now, must of been a comical signing, because his scoring has been just that comical

better days

thought Waghorn was off to Derby, or is that wishful thinking, i think of Waghorn and it just makes me laugh now, must of been a comical signing, because his scoring has been just that comical
I suspect the lad might be able to find something for himself so Derby is a possibility if they sort their problems out
Both him and Walker were Robins' picks I believe

Brighton Sky Blue

Hopefully the manager knows what he's doing
Not done too badly so far

Depends of course who he intends to replace them with-Luton had a pretty big turnover of players last summer and looked better for it. The prospect of letting Walker go for nothing considering the investment in time as well as money is a bit disappointing.

Terry Gibson's perm

I wouldn’t be bothered if Kane or Dabo went and any of the centre backs they are all replaceable

steve101

Can't see this lad or Tyler Walker being involved next season
Neither has a decent relationship with the manager so based on past experience they'll be in the bomb squad unless loans can be arranged
Little chance of a sale as they're likely to be on decent contracts which would deter interest
Going to be some big changes in the make up of the first team group with several other fringe players going even before we sell any of our more valuable guys
It worries me making too many changes to what is already a thread bare squad. Maybe Robins has been given more cash to spend than expected. I don't see how quality players can be added whilst also getting in new fringe players (sign on fees and possible higher wages).

Users who are viewing this thread