Wasps current finances & hope (1 Viewer)

Moff

indeed

Think this highlights the financial stress not just at Wasps but in Rugby generally. I don't think the resources are there in most clubs to meet the increasing player demands. Many clubs it seems to me are cutting back, many are turning back to home grown talent. Not an expert in things rugby though others here would be able to give a better overview

They cant cope OSB, most are carrying increased debt and cant meet the players demands.

Northampton Saints who have been well supported by the Barwell family over the years amongst others, and have a good strong loyal fanbase, and who won the title just a few years ago, are struggling with player retention and recruitment and have had a woeful season on the field, a lot of this recruitment based due to income.Saracens have huge liabilities, as have many more. Wasps are no different.

oldfiver

indeed

Think this highlights the financial stress not just at Wasps but in Rugby generally. I don't think the resources are there in most clubs to meet the increasing player demands. Many clubs it seems to me are cutting back, many are turning back to home grown talent. Not an expert in things rugby though others here would be able to give a better overview

Not at the real Coventry Rugby Club

Premiership hooker joins Coventry Rugby – Coventry Rugby
Premiership winner signs on with Coventry – Coventry Rugby
etc

CCFC54321

This wasps chairman simply moved wasps as he didn’t want to keep funding Wasps and I don’t blame him. The move was to generate more income in a big city and hope that the Coventry public would fall for it and come in there droves. It failed simple as. How many wasps shirts do you see in Coventry? Next to none. There chairman won’t be self funding them for much longer hence the auditors concern. I wouldn’t and why should he?

It’s a cycle they won’t get out off. I’ll tell you now there cutting back already with two high earners leaving and not rumours but reports more want out which will leave Wasps struggling to compete next year and more losses. There utterly f&@££ed now.

I see them fold as a club within two years.

CCFC54321

Think it’s time for wasps to leave town after today’s thumping and try and save what’s left if there club. There decline has started and make my words there will be no club in two years.

ccfcway

i reckon we could start the declining interest on here by having one sticky thread for all things wasps and no longer an entire forum

italiahorse

What Wasps success? They've just been trounced in a semi final you moron. Meanwhile, CCFC have romped home in their semi getting to Wembley for a second successive season after breaking a 48 year hoodoo.
It’s all successful but at different levels.
I remember going to Wembley with VS Rugby.
Keep frothing.

Last edited:

italiahorse

How do you work that comparison out? It isn't successful as they lost.

Keep making stuff up.

Difficult to explain to a football Neanderthal like yourself but most Wasps fans would expect third place behind Exeter and Saracens particularly after not getting to a home tie. Still disappointing though.

If we loose next week we will have overachieved. Finishing second with only the owners chipping in a top eight budget.
However with my PL football hat still on I expect nothing else but a win.

No idea why an opinion is making stuff up but I guess walking through the playground it was always going to happen.

Nick

Administrator
Difficult to explain to a football Neanderthal like yourself but most Wasps fans would expect third place behind Exeter and Saracens particularly after not getting to a home tie. Still disappointing though.

If we loose next week we will have overachieved. Finishing second with only the owners chipping in a top eight budget.
However with my PL football hat still on I expect nothing else but a win.

No idea why an opinion is making stuff up but I guess walking through the playground it was always going to happen.

More irony that you try to call somebody else a Neanderthal when you don't know the difference between loose and lose.

It's just entertaining watching your desperation. The best bit is that you still get yourself twisted and turned in the "playground". Maybe you can stick to Drunken Wasps, dread to think what that is classed as but I bet the windows are clean.

Wasps had no success and they got caught out trying to fiddle the books, both CCFC and Cov Rugby have had more success which hopefully will end up with both being promoted.

You try your hardest to deflect everything about Wasps onto CCFC, it's too predictable.

Moff

I remover going to Wembley with VS Rugby.
Keep frothing.

Success in Rugby like anything else is winning a Cup, or the league through the play offs. Forgive me is I am wrong but I don't believe Wasps have done this since arriving here.

Ask Wasps fans on Drunken Wasps if they think losing in the playoffs was a success for such a 'big' club, I think like me they will say no, and show you to be the clueless wasps apologist that you are.

Oh and no froth, just facts.

Moff

Its difficult to explain to a football Neanderthal like yourself, what success is in Rugby. Being one of the new happy clappy wow they gave me a flag I love it fans, you don't seem to understand.

Lets give you an example.

George North, one of Rugby's biggest names, has just left Northampton. In the press release on him leaving, apart from the usual platitudes, they mentioned his success at the club, that is winning two trophies (double what Wasps have won since he has been at the Saints).
They didn't mention finishing first and losing in the play offs, or other play off defeats as he, like the club and the fans, don't class it as success. In fact only one person I can think of would. I wonder why they are the only one to think that way?

pastythegreat

I remover going to Wembley with VS Rugby.
Keep frothing.

W***s moved here to become the biggest club team in Europe, the fail to win a trophy that makes them the biggest team in England and that's classed as success?!?! You really do come out with some don't you?!?!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

W***s moved here to become the biggest club team in Europe, the fail to win a trophy that makes them the biggest team in England and that's classed as success?!?! You really do come out with some don't you?!?!

Biggest revenue in Europe. Get it right.

pastythegreat

Sisu should never look good.
But each to their own.
No your right, but w***s are doing a pretty good job of it right now!

SISU - Moved a club 35 miles from home.
W***s - Moved a club 100 miles from home.

SISU - submitted accounts late.
W***s - Submitted accounts late AND falsified them.

SISU - Promised a stadium that never happened.
W***s - Promised a training ground, an Olympic pool AND a secure home for CCFC long term. None of which materialised.

SISU - Promised a top 8 budget, delivered top 6.
W***s - Promised the biggest club team in Europe, didn't even win England!

SISU - Proposed grounshare with Cov Rugby. (Never happened)
W***s - Promised to work with and support Cov Rugby with loanees etc. (instead, poached players the other way)

SISU are looking pretty angelic so far to me in that lot!!

italiahorse

Its difficult to explain to a football Neanderthal like yourself, what success is in Rugby. Being one of the new happy clappy wow they gave me a flag I love it fans, you don't seem to understand.

Lets give you an example.

George North, one of Rugby's biggest names, has just left Northampton. In the press release on him leaving, apart from the usual platitudes, they mentioned his success at the club, that is winning two trophies (double what Wasps have won since he has been at the Saints).
They didn't mention finishing first and losing in the play offs, or other play off defeats as he, like the club and the fans, don't class it as success. In fact only one person I can think of would. I wonder why they are the only one to think that way?
You mentioned Northampton and I stopped reading ...... sorry.

italiahorse

I
No your right, but w***s are doing a pretty good job of it right now!

SISU - Moved a club 35 miles from home.
W***s - Moved a club 100 miles from home.

SISU - submitted accounts late.
W***s - Submitted accounts late AND falsified them.

SISU - Promised a stadium that never happened.
W***s - Promised a training ground, an Olympic pool AND a secure home for CCFC long term. None of which materialised.

SISU - Promised a top 8 budget, delivered top 6.
W***s - Promised the biggest club team in Europe, didn't even win England!

SISU - Proposed grounshare with Cov Rugby. (Never happened)
W***s - Promised to work with and support Cov Rugby with loanees etc. (instead, poached players the other way)

SISU are looking pretty angelic so far to me in that lot!!

I hate this problem Wasps are having only on here.

Users who are viewing this thread