Wasps downward spiral... (8 Viewers)

napolimp

The RFU can confirm, following yesterday’s deadline related to Championship applications, that Wasps has met the conditions and will have a place in next season’s Championship. ⬇️ Rugby Football Union (@RFU)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: vow

napolimp

"Payment of rugby creditors is an integral part of our insolvency regulations, and we cannot approve the takeover of a club without agreement that rugby creditor payments will be made.

I'm sure that gives all the local businesses Wasps stiffed a warm, fuzzy, feeling inside.

Grendel

"Payment of rugby creditors is an integral part of our insolvency regulations, and we cannot approve the takeover of a club without agreement that rugby creditor payments will be made.

I'm sure that gives all the local businesses Wasps stiffed a warm, fuzzy, feeling inside.

The same applies to football as well

ccfc922

So does that mean they'll back pay the rugby related debts but not pay debts owed to outside businesses etc?

Or have they got a clean slate owing nothing?

Sky Blue Harry H

So does that mean they'll back pay the rugby related debts but not pay debts owed to outside businesses etc?

Or have they got a clean slate owing nothing?
They owe CCFC don't they?

On a side note, I find it galling that the CET website has a link to Wasps RFC, yet has nothing to Coventry RFC, who are our local club and now in the same league as those shysters. Time to update the website?

chiefdave

Confirmed in Worcester but cwr were still wanking over it. Give it up.
They've gone full on Tim Fisher. Its a short term deal 'aligned to allow them to build new home'

Also sounds like there's a clause that if the new Worcester team get prompted to the championship Wasps are out

Paul Anthony

So, all of a sudden Wasps think they're going to be building their own ground? I don't buy it.

shepardo01

Somebody on Worcester forum saying "Wasps 2 are not responsible for any of Wasps 1's repayment of debt," and only have Championship entry fee to initially worry about.
If true, another disgrace!

Reactions: vow

shepardo01

Re: Questions to be answered
Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2023 08:47

Wasps 2 will not have to pay any of Wasps 1's creditors including their DCMS Covid loan.

That said, to get entry into the Championship , they have to pay the "fee" - the rugby creditors need settling.

And when they take on the tenancy at Sixways they will, as you say, have a hefty rent to pay as Atlas will need all of it to cover the servicing costs of their Covid loan.

How much all that adds up to I don't know - but it be a significant amount of initial outlay.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2023 09:11

What about the bond holders or has that £30million disappeared as well?

Tigers £1million annually to DCMS will be massively reduced fr us as we have paid a large amount off from the sale of the "P Share"

JP

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2023 09:55

I don't know anything about the bond situation or what security there was for it but that would be for the Administrator of Wasps 1 to deal with. Wasps 2 will not be responsible.

In very round figures the original DCMS loan was I think £16m to which interest will have to be added.

If we say that the P shares realised, give or take, half of that there still remains a whopping loan outstanding.

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2023 10:04

I’m sure I read somewhere early on that the bond would not be repaid.

tisza

Rugby a mess. Leicester (Supposed biggest club in English rugby) needs a 13 million owners cash injection to stave off admin apparently. Supposedly loss of 2 home games made all the difference 🤫

wingy

Rugby a mess. Leicester (Supposed biggest club in English rugby) needs a 13 million owners cash injection to stave off admin apparently. Supposedly loss of 2 home games made all the difference 🤫.

Sure a local derby against an 70/80's giant would do them.

AndreasB

Actually Clive couldn’t have sounded more embarrassed reading out the Wasps Sixways news at half time. “In case some people are interested” and then moved on very quickly. Would have thought that Wasps being outside CWR broadcast area solves a problem for the station and won’t need to provide any coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AOM

Actually Clive couldn’t have sounded more embarrassed reading out the Wasps Sixways news at half time. “In case some people are interested” and then moved on very quickly. Would have thought that Wasps being outside CWR broadcast area solves a problem for the station and won’t need to provide any coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone messaged into the phone in on Friday asking if CWR would still be covering Wasps and Clive kinda skirted around it and pretty much just said they covered only local sports teams so "I'll let you decide..." or something along those lines.

Think they'll just just being amicable and will move on once Wasps are officially based elsewhere

Grendel

Someone messaged into the phone in on Friday asking if CWR would still be covering Wasps and Clive kinda skirted around it and pretty much just said they covered only local sports teams so "I'll let you decide..." or something along those lines.

Think they'll just just being amicable and will move on once Wasps are officially based e elsewhere

depends where they play

Reactions: AOM

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Shugs still being Wasps' greatest ambassador.
(Worcester forum)
FFS. 🤣
I really love that they’re already discussing how their presence will be beneficial to Worcester.

just like how they were beneficial to QPR, Wycombe and us…. Ohhh and Solihull. They’re a fucking right arrogant bunch

Users who are viewing this thread