Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philosorapter

What would the administrator take into account when assessing bids? Would it purely be the highest bid and best return for creditors? Would they consider best for the local area and each tenant at the arena. We’re biased thinking club and ground should be united but does any other party involved care about that?

If not, I’m just thinking NEC group would have by far the most coherent business case and credible business plan. They’d know how to run the events side, be able to project cash flow based on number of events etc and have the football club as tenants. The administrators won’t care about club and ground being under same ownership I’m sure.

Meanwhile there may be other parties wanting to unite club and ground but have no experience on the events side and they will just generally be complete unknowns.

I’ve just got this awful feeling it will go to NEC, we’ll be tenants with SISU slowing trying to extract cash and then they’ll be a rent dispute in 8 years when the lease is up and we’ll be moving grounds again.

Wasps to be released from their obligation to ACL to play their home games at the Arena for 50 years could be a start.

Must be a moot point in any hope of resurrecting the London rugby club.

If they can't get out of this, then wasps are probably dead and buried.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps to be released from their obligation to ACL to play their home games at the Arena for 50 years could be a start.

What obligation?

Liquid Gold

That obligation was most likely dissolved in admin

wingy

I'd say £20M.
Using crude assumption of yanky buyer taking just over 50% where debt within ccfc is £30M.
Then Ashley would be looking in that region with £20M to get Sisu off and away.

CCFC_Irish

I'd say £20M.
Using crude assumption of yanky buyer taking just over 50% where debt within ccfc is £30M.
Then Ashley would be looking in that region with £20M to get Sisu off and away.

Is there a possibility that Hoffman's consortium could possibly join with Ashley for a potential takeover?

djr8369

Just wondering? Why do you think SISU would have a rent dispute after paying rent on time for 10 years? At year 10 they will either be there on an agreed package or on their way. There may be some foot stomping of course.
You’d think NEC will want to maximise revenue and would look to increase when current deal expires.

djr8369

Would an agnostic 3rd party like the NEC have them as a tenant with only one stand open or something?

Skybluedownunder

BIG ARENA NEWS

Specsavers look to be opening

COVENTRY ARENA SPECSAVERS LIMITED has just been setup

VbMAp7p.png

At least the ref can get some glasses before the match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Not really s
You’d think NEC will want to maximise revenue and would look to increase when current deal expires.
Not really sure with NEC .
Just feel there could be just as many conflicts around schedule's as we've just been through.

robbiethemole

So let me get this right, I go off to the gym at 10.30, I come back on here at 2.30, and still nothing has been sorted out?? WTF?? This is not acceptable from any party.

Skyblue_CP

So let me get this right, I go off to the gym at 10.30, I come back on here at 2.30, and still nothing has been sorted out?? WTF?? This is not acceptable from any party.
if you’re in the gym that long I’ll be disappointed if you don’t look like a prime Arnold.

Great_Expectations

Finally get a break, excited to see I’ve got 12 pages to read.

Now I’m back in meetings having gained nothing other than a lot of name puns (some of which were very good).

The hold up is a positive, SISU are just trying to line it up so they can announce it on the pitch tonight live for those fans who didn’t let a bit of rain put them off attending!

djr8369

Not really s
Not really sure with NEC .
Just feel there could be just as many conflicts around schedule's as we've just been through.
I can see now why some feel they’d be the worst option. No interest in the club, we’re tenants again with none of our long green issues solved. Groundhog Day.

Philosorapter

Would an agnostic 3rd party like the NEC have them as a tenant with only one stand open or something?

There's a licence there between ACL and wasps holdings.

In my opinion, it has a lot of value.

torchomatic

Not something I've ever done before, but I am constantly refreshing Gilbert's twitter feed.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Finally get a break, excited to see I’ve got 12 pages to read.

Now I’m back in meetings having gained nothing other than a lot of name puns (some of which were very good).

The hold up is a positive, SISU are just trying to line it up so they can announce it on the pitch tonight live for those fans who didn’t let a bit of rain put them off attending!

With Tim Fisher making the announcement wearing a Sky Blues' shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread