Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan210

So what. Say CCC give them a bridging loan. In 2/3 months when they go in to admin again do CCC think they will get the money back ?

Ash

You couldn’t be more wrong.

This is entirely believable.

I wanted to believe that all the shit hitting the fan would’ve made them realise they backed the wrong horse, but this is just ego and corruption… so yeah it is believable!

jordan210

Someone higher up in CCC if not involved in this should be asking questions right now of who ever called this vote.

Skyblueweeman

So to get this straight -

* A struggling Coventry born football club, ingrained into city culture, big debts, questionable hedge fund owners and heading into Administration - no CCC support.

* A struggling non-Coventry born rugby club, 8 yrs of low success history, big debts, questionable hedge fund owners and heading into Administration - CCC offer what they can?

What the actual f*£k??

Those at the top of the council are committing political suicide if they do this. A waste of taxpayers cash to try and save some face over a dodgy deal that's turned out dreadfully?

Incredible.

NorthernWisdom

* A struggling Coventry born football club, ingrained into city culture, big debts, questionable hedge fund owners and heading into Administration - no CCC support.

* A struggling non-Coventry born rugby club, 8 yrs of low success history, big debts, questionable hedge fund owners and heading into Administration - CCC offer what they can?

What the actual f*£k??

Those at the top of the council are committing political suicide if they do this. A waste of taxpayers cash to try and save some face over a dodgy deal that's turned out dreadfully?

Incredible.
You missed out a once struggling, but up-and-coming Coventry born rugby club, that has had far more success through the years than either of the other two, but finds itself hamstrung from reclaiming its rightful place in English rugby through no fault of its own.

hill83

What the actual f*£k??

Incredible.

I might be windmilling here as I’m absolute seething, but would this even be political suicide. We’ve been vocal lately as Cov supporters, but the masses won’t even know what’s going on or give a fuck.

chiefdave

This has got to be a mistake surely. Even our council can't be stupid enough to hand more public money over to Wasps?

Could it be that they are working on taking back the stadium and will need to fund its operation in the short term to allow non-Wasps events to still take place? I can see some validity in that. Handing more money over to Wasps absolutely not.

Skyblueweeman

You missed out a once struggling, but up-and-coming Coventry born rugby club, that has had far more success through the years than either of the other two, but finds itself hamstrung from reclaiming its rightful place in English rugby through no fault of its own.

Yep, fair one. Not being local, I don't know much about CRFC other than booking rooms locally for Cornish Pirates coming to play them! But yes, you're correct - add them on!

steve cooper

As said, it's just kicking the can down the road, it would be TOTALLY unsustainable, and maybe some of the more sensible councillors (if there are any) will see this and vote accordingly.
The press should be all over this today - before the meeting.

Reactions: AOM

Skyblueweeman

I might be windmilling here as I’m absolute seething, but would this even be political suicide. We’ve been vocal lately as Cov supporters, but the masses won’t even know what’s going on or give a fuck.

Maybe and maybe my term was based on initial thoughts.

But surely the masses as you mention who wouldn't know all the specifics, would find out in the press about £xm being spent on a private hedge fund owned Rugby club, losing millions each year?

Given cost of living etc, I'd imagine that would be of interest to the local taxpayers in tough times that your council is given a hugely loss making sports franchise millions when they could be using that money for something more meaningful like food banks etc.

Levship20

It takes minutes to voice your opinion www.parliament.uk
I have just done it and would urge others please. These fuckers aren’t using my tax money for this. They have spent loads to keep coombe afloat and that is haemorrhaging money as we type. I am livid!

Tommo1993

About time the more neutral public started getting involved now. This can’t happen. How much do they want to throw at a completely failing business in an unpromising industry?

Samo

Hello Mr Singh,

Please can you let me know if this is true:

BREAKING: Labour councillors on
@coventrycc
have been called to an emergency meeting tonight where it’s understood they will be asked to vote on signing off a financial support package to help #WaspsRugby stave off administration.

If so, it is the most disgusting use of public money I have ever witnessed and at the next election I will be voting Tory for the first time in my 61 years of life.
If signed off, I will campaign for a public inquiry into why this particular failing business should be propped up by a local authority.
I would suggest it is to save the faces of those who instigated this disastrous idea in the first place and it is certainly NOT in the public interest.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread