Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grendel

Get some retails outlets in there, the Sky Blue Kid menswear store. Limited range though

plenty of suits though

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Do you have reading issues, where have I said I want the NEC. As for sisu I have witnessed 15 years of their shananagins, seen my club go from championship to division four, transfer embargoes for not filing accounts, three years wasn’t it, two administrations, sent to Northampton, sent to Birmingham, building a new ground bullshit at Warwick Uni, pathetic budget restrictions, another transfer embargo at the moment. You still want them ??
You said “not sure” - it’s a definite no on NEC. I don’t want SISU, but if they get hold of the Ricoh - there’s an exit for them. If the NEC take over we’re stuck with them forever.

SISU - Our owners will always be more preferable than the NEC owning the arena

shmmeee

You said “not sure” - it’s a definite no on NEC. I don’t want SISU, but if they get hold of the Ricoh - there’s an exit for them. If the NEC take over we’re stuck with them forever.

Are we? I know that’s the received wisdom, but surely if there is no route to picking up the arena on the cheap they’ll look for an exit?

Nick

Administrator
Are we? I know that’s the received wisdom, but surely if there is no route to picking up the arena on the cheap they’ll look for an exit?

Which is ideal if it's somebody owning the CBSwho is interested in buying the club. NEC wont be.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If that was the case - they’d have ducked out in 2014. Their exit is tied with them getting their money back - the only way they get that money back is selling a football club with assets

rhis was the exact conversation then

The Philosopher

It may be that NEC are muddying the patch.

You could almost see the Yank or Ashley having some kind of deal with SISU to on fund / buy in / buy out the club in some way.

NEC - not so sure.

If anything they are driving up the price by being at the table.

Surely some kind of deal where the NEC manage the non-football side of the Arena on behalf of a sports focussed owner would have been best.

Briles

The NEC is American owned right? Are we sure that's not who the Americans are that's been referred to? Or were they named separately?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It may be that NEC are muddying the patch.

You could almost see the Yank or Ashley having some kind of deal with SISU to on fund / buy in / buy out the club in some way.

NEC - not so sure.

If anything they are driving up the price by being at the table.

Surely some kind of deal where the NEC manage the non-football side of the Arena on behalf of a sports focussed owner would have been best.
We do not want a 3rd party anywhere near any of the stadium. The more money making areas to the business the more interest we’ll have

chiefdave

SISU would be infinitely better than NEC. If NEC takeover they’re not going to be bothered how it affects us.

if You can’t see how NEC wouldn’t be a disaster then You’re like the council - anything to screw over SISU no matter how it affects your club
What exactly do you think the NEC would do that would be a disaster?

slowpoke

Do you really believe sisu owning the stadium would be good for ccfc, they can’t run the club let alone a stadium. They wouldn’t even allow Robins to bring in a couple of loans last January to boost our chance of the play-offs.

Reactions: KAB

aviles

I am most likely wrong but... we average say 19k fans. 13k of which are season ticket holders. 6k fans bringing in roughly £90k in ticket sales per home game plus food drink and parking. Bringing in say £150k per home game. Which works out as £3.5 mil per season plus roughly £3-4 mil in season ticket sales. Plus all concerts, other sports, conferences etc etc, you can certainly see how it could be made profitable. The football club owning the stadium surely is the only way it becomes profitable

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Do you really believe sisu owning the stadium would be good for ccfc, they can’t run the club let alone a stadium. They wouldn’t even allow Robins to bring in a couple of loans last January to boost our chance of the play-offs.
Who can’t read now? If SISU package up the stadium and club, they have an exit - a way to get their money back.

the club will aways Be more attractive paired with a stadium. Without it we’ll be left with SISU clearly not interested in putting more money in

Grendel

I am most likely wrong but... we average say 19k fans. 13k of which are season ticket holders. 6k fans bringing in roughly £90k in ticket sales per home game plus food drink and parking. Bringing in say £150k per home game. Which works out as £3.5 mil per season plus roughly £3-4 mil in season ticket sales. Plus all concerts, other sports, conferences etc etc, you can certainly see how it could be made profitable. The football club owning the stadium surely is the only way it becomes profitable

The football club loses money the complex just about can break even so not really

Evo1883

Sisu owning the stadium makes coventry city a valuable assett .. it's the difference between a mortgage and renting a house

theferret

Are you seriously suggesting that the owners of the club also owning the stadium would be bad for CCFC? Not with you.

If you want SISU here for the foreseeable, NEC ownership pretty much guarantees that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Are you seriously suggesting that the owners of the club also owning the stadium would be bad for CCFC? Not with you.

If you want SISU here for the foreseeable, NEC ownership pretty much guarantees that.
This whole conversation was had in 2014
“SISU will sell up now”
“SISU will be terrible running stadium”
“Why would Wasps throw us out?”

I get we all hate SISU, but fuck me - some people would rather fuck them over rather than see something benefit the club

Nick

Administrator
I get we all hate SISU, but fuck me - some people would rather fuck them over rather than see something benefit the club

Still see the ex CCFC fans who are now massive Wasps fans saying the same things.

They laud Wasps for loading ACL up with debt but still say SISU would have just tried to steal everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread