Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samo

Gyokeres centre - Support for those with difficult to pronounce names.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Maybe I’ve got Stockholm syndrome here, but I’d want any new owner to keep the club running as it is, just properly funded (if I’m being picky) Dawkins May well do that, I doubt Ashley would. Problem is Dawkins gives of distinct chancer vibes.

Why would you think Ashley wouldnt fund it properly, the figures from Newcastle suggest he would?

Reactions: KAB

chiefdave

In 8 years time we’re homeless again. Do you think they’ll be as reliant on us as Wasps were?
I don't see any reason they'd kick us out. The NEC being terrible seems to be based on scenarios people have invented in their heads. There's no guarantee that if SISU got the stadium they wouldn't keep hold of it and charge us £1m a year in rent. There's also no reason to believe that the NEC will kick us out at the end of the current lease.

Obviously in an ideal world we get the stadium and the whole lot gets sold on to someone who wants to pump money into the club but there's little to indicate that's going to happen in any of the possible scenarios.

ceetee

Just seen a comment (I know it may be a rumour and I'm not endorsing it) that a 4:00 pm deadline yesterday has been extended and NEC have come in with a revised offer

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don't see any reason they'd kick us out. The NEC being terrible seems to be based on scenarios people have invented in their heads. There's no guarantee that if SISU got the stadium they wouldn't keep hold of it and charge us £1m a year in rent. There's also no reason to believe that the NEC will kick us out at the end of the current lease.

Obviously in an ideal world we get the stadium and the whole lot gets sold on to someone who wants to pump money into the club but there's little to indicate that's going to happen in any of the possible scenarios.
Our problem is there’s no likely buyer if the stadium isn’t available.

it’s not even the NEC that would be the issue. We don’t know what our owners will do in negotiations with them. They’re less likely to take our owners shit.

with no stadium our ceiling is low, and the revenue streams available to us are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread