Match Thread Watford (h) (2 Viewers)

Hobo

Saw Watford v Blackburn and thought it was similar to ours v Sunderland.

Watford look fairly well organised and have some players with pace who can cause problems. Think they will be a big threat on the counter and we can't be as open as we were against Sunderland 2nd half. It is not going to be a walk in the park.

SleepyGinger

Be nice to get a win before the international break 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss is a good start.

Probably be same 11, Cov 2-0 Godden and Simms goals.

Macca1987

Win would set us up nicely for after the international break, for what seems on paper an easier run of games

I'd expect a decent crowd. Last home league game until 25th Sept. Be nice to get a win, but a draw wouldn't be too bad either. Watched Watford v Blackburn, they were possibly unlucky to lose. They are hard to break down but going forward do look more like individuals than playing as a team.

Gynnsthetonic

I'd expect a decent crowd. Last home league game until 25th Sept. Be nice to get a win, but a draw wouldn't be too bad either. Watched Watford v Blackburn, they were possibly unlucky to lose. They are hard to break down but going forward do look more like individuals than playing as a team.
Last Saturday home game until October 7th too

coop

Personally think we are weak from the middle going forward I would like to see Simms and Wright up front.MR should of brought Saka on for Palmer against Sunderland who I think were poor going forward as well.

CCFC88

I don’t think we’ve played especially well the last two games to be honest. Decentish first half against Swansea but they look a poor side who we really should have beaten, and the Sunderland game was very average overall.
We haven't been 2nd best in any game and should probably have 1 point more than we do. We've looked solid on the whole and controlled games well without having that something extra up top. I expect Saturday to be something of a war of attrition probablysettled by the odd goal

shmmeee

Think this will be a draw. We look solid but uninspired going forwards. even if we sign someone I don’t think they’ll come straight in at this point.

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Latibeaudiere
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Palmer Ayari
Simms

S: Collins, Binks, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Wright, Godden, Kids/new signings.

CCFC88

Think this will be a draw. We look solid but uninspired going forwards. even if we sign someone I don’t think they’ll come straight in at this point.

Wilson
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Palmer Ayari
Simms

Would love to see this on Saturday, our two up top (whichever combination) has been too easy to defend, more creativity needed, some shots from long distance should help dispute capable defences and open things up a bit more.

60 mins of Palmer and Ayari working in the hole infront of a solid defensive base should create chances.

If that doesn't work the option of a front two off the bench is always there

TomRad85

Wilson
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Palmer Ayari
Simms

Always wanted us to go 2 up top more but now we're there i find myself wanting to go back to this.

Hobo

Personally think we are weak from the middle going forward I would like to see Simms and Wright up front.MR should of brought Saka on for Palmer against Sunderland who I think were poor going forward as well.
Sunderland looked like they were happy with a draw until Pritchard came on and he got them more on the front foot. He seemed to have the belief they could snatch a victory.

Hobo

Always wanted us to go 2 up top more but now we're there i find myself wanting to go back to this.
It does seem to suit us especially away from home. We seem to create more with the extra man in midfield and look less vulnerable.

shmmeee

We just lack creativity and a link between midfield and attack so for me I’d rather Ayari and Palmer than another striker. Hopefully we sign Gus 2.0 and can go back to two up.

shmmeee

Would love to see this on Saturday, our two up top (whichever combination) has been too easy to defend, more creativity needed, some shots from long distance should help dispute capable defences and open things up a bit more.

60 mins of Palmer and Ayari working in the hole infront of a solid defensive base should create chances.

If that doesn't work the option of a front two off the bench is always there

Exactly, you could swap the whole front three for Saka, Godden and Wright on 60 mins and give them something else entirely to think about.

shmmeee

I'm not sure Simms can operate as a lone striker, happy to be proved wrong though

My thinking is he can’t hide and he just has to stay central and make himself available for balls through/into the box. Hopefully it plays to his strengths and gets him some goals.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wilson
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Palmer Ayari
Simms

I can't see anywhere near enough goals in that team.

Simms might start scoring, but so far hasn't looked like it. The midfield as per looks very goal shy. MvE, Eccles, Sheaf, Dasilva - I wouldn't want to put money on them scoring. Palmer? Potentially, but he is hit and miss. Ayari is unkown.

We have spent a fortune on strikers, I would be sticking to two up top. For me the likeliest to score are Wright and Godden, so they play.

shmmeee

Simms might start scoring, but so far hasn't looked like it. The midfield as per looks very goal shy. MvE, Eccles, Sheaf, Dasilva - I wouldn't want to put money on them scoring. Palmer? Potentially, but he is hit and miss. Ayari is unkown.

We have spent a fortune on strikers, I would be sticking to two up top. For me the likeliest to score are Wright and Godden, so they play.

I think goals are a function of the team not down to any one player.

Rugby Sky Blue

Saw Watford v Blackburn and thought it was similar to ours v Sunderland.

Watford look fairly well organised and have some players with pace who can cause problems. Think they will be a big threat on the counter and we can't be as open as we were against Sunderland 2nd half. It is not going to be a walk in the park.
I agree, I saw this game and thought exactly the same, they can count themselves unlucky not winning against Blackburn they dominated the game and couldn't score a goal and Blackburn countered. I was looking at stats and seen that Watford had created the 3rd most chances in the league, had the most shots at goal and 2nd for expected points based on how their games had gone but are still 15th, probably highlights that the only stat worth its weight in gold is putting the ball in the back of the net. Was also interesting to see how they looked good in possession I was expecting a Valerin Ismael side to play way more long balls.

CCFC88

Simply "Sticking two up top" hasnt worked against good defences and Watford's look just as good, try something else, if its not working we have options on the bench.

I'd rather move from a 1 up top to a 2 up top after an hour if were still goal shy, going from a 2 to a 1probably less effective

Users who are viewing this thread