Match Thread Watford (h) (2 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

Never been convinced with 2 upfront, apart from our League 2 season with McNulty & Biamou. It didn't really work last season with Vik and Godden but we had no other choice with Allen, O'Hare & Palmer all injured, and McGuire being gash.
Surely now with the personnel we have, Robins must be looking at returning to the box. We'll have O'Hare, Palmer, Sakamoto and Ayari for those advanced midfield positions, and Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly & Allen for the deeper roles. I think all our strikers would be more effective in a lone role.

I don't think any of our forwards are suited to playing a lone role. Wright is the likeliest to be able to from what I've seen as he is the most mobile and probably the strongest too, but while Godden keeps scoring he is not going to be dropped so I think we will be seeing 2 up front as the preferred option for a while yet.

PVA

I don't think any of our forwards are suited to playing a lone role. Wright is the likeliest to be able to from what I've seen as he is the most mobile and probably the strongest too, but while Godden keeps scoring he is not going to be dropped so I think we will be seeing 2 up front as the preferred option for a while yet.

I agree, but with only 3 frontline strikers we're going to pick up injuries along the way so can definitely see us playing one up top at various points through the season.

And, with O'Hare hopefully back to his best at some point, we'll have some good options at the top of the box to play behind a lone striker.

Grendel

OK, I'll bite...

RE: Godden - Palmer's fitness needs work. Doesn't void his contribution, or mean that he's a Show Pony.

RE: a debate - you've defeated your own point. Others have the same view? Sounds like a debate to me.

RE: last part - learn to spot jokes, don't look for a Pity Party. You have some daft views (e.g. MR). Accept it.

A pity party? Why would I need that from your bizarre contribution to the debate

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What do we blame it on every other day of the year 😂
Animation Illustration GIF by darrenjturner
Sharad Purnima Night GIF
happy good times GIF by Equal Parts Studio
Old Man Dance GIF

Users who are viewing this thread