We are thin up front (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Biamou is improving and will win the ball in the air - we have seen this. I'd sooner go with him, his enthusiasm and energy versus a Kevin Kyle type on a downward spiral in their career. I think MR will get this side of it right.

Lee mills won a lot of areal duals.

mark82

McNulty should be able to step up.

Biamou is improving. Hopefully he can step up but we just don't know. Took him a while to adjust to league 2.

JCH was just coming back from serious injury. Will hopefully be a different player with a pre-season behind him.

Ponticelli is hound and improving. Is it too soon? Who knows but he deserves a chance. Possibility we could ship him out on loan and bring in a loan striker from elsewhere I guess.

Just don't think it's a priority but it's never a bad thing if you can improve any area of your squad.

Hobo

Andreu is being built up on the basis of what I’m not sure. Unlike Jones we’ve hardly seen him and his career record isn’t that much to shout about

Jury is out on him
The jury is out on every player at the start of a new season.

Terry_dactyl

Andreu is being built up on the basis of what I’m not sure. Unlike Jones we’ve hardly seen him and his career record isn’t that much to shout about

Jury is out on him

Not only this...he’s also coming back from a long term injury. Will this impact upon him (and jones) further?

covcity4life

David McGoldrick is available on a free. I know it will never happen, but McNulty and McGoldrick would be a ridiculous league one pairing. As well as sounding like the stars of a buddy cop movie set in Boston.
i mentioned this last month, i think its doable as mcgoldrick knows what we can do at city and under robins. wages may be an issue but perhaps he will jsut want to score goals again

Gibbo

Mcgoldrick or armstrong please
McGoldrick is exactly what we need (or his type). McNulty does the Armstrong thing. McNulty is absolutely not a sole striker in a 4-3-2-1. He needs someone to feed off, so it is 2 up front

covcity4life

McGoldrick is exactly what we need (or his type). McNulty does the Armstrong thing. McNulty is absolutely not a sole striker in a 4-3-2-1. He needs someone to feed off, so it is 2 up front
although armstrong and mcnulty would be exciting nontheless

Warwickhunt

we are looking thin up front! is that because we sent the lad back to reading that was on loan to us?

wingy

Isn't that Bassett rather than Barrett?

Bassett - sweets, Barrett - homes.

That's how I remember anyway. ;)
Just had a good read and while you're right
Bassetts was the recognised brand for Liquorice Allsorts Barretts did indeed produce a range also ,along with now banned sweet cigerettes.
Tongueout Nah Nah na na na!! :p

Otis

Just had a good read and while you're right
Bassetts was the recognised brand for Liquorice Allsorts Barretts did indeed produce a range also ,along with now banned sweet cigerettes.
Tongueout Nah Nah na na na!! :p
giphy.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

Disagree with a lot of the posts here, I'd much prefer we commit to signing another striker to ease the pressure on McNulty. This season tells us it's no good having a tight defence if you can't put them in at the other end, a pot shot or Burge howler and the points are dropped. McDonald/Willis/Hyam/Davies deserve a crack and with Haynes offloaded all we need at the back is a reliable RB should Grimmer be unavailable.

Have big doubts over JCH, not at all convincing in L2 and would have preferred a push for McGoldrick or someone similar. An audacious bid for Eisa perhaps...

Cavan O'Doherty

Disagree with a lot of the posts here, I'd much prefer we commit to signing another striker to ease the pressure on McNulty. This season tells us it's no good having a tight defence if you can't put them in at the other end, a pot shot or Burge howler and the points are dropped. McDonald/Willis/Hyam/Davies deserve a crack and with Haynes offloaded all we need at the back is a reliable RB should Grimmer be unavailable.

Have big doubts over JCH, not at all convincing in L2 and would have preferred a push for McGoldrick or someone similar. An audacious bid for Eisa perhaps...
James Hanson could be an option. Not wanted at Sheffield United and still only 30.

Garryb80

Why have we got a spare million lying around?

Greggs

Hanson caused us trouble everytime we've faced him

Nathccfc

McNulty should be able to step up.

Biamou is improving. Hopefully he can step up but we just don't know. Took him a while to adjust to league 2.

JCH was just coming back from serious injury. Will hopefully be a different player with a pre-season behind him.

Ponticelli is hound and improving. Is it too soon? Who knows but he deserves a chance. Possibility we could ship him out on loan and bring in a loan striker from elsewhere I guess.

Just don't think it's a priority but it's never a bad thing if you can improve any area of your squad.
Got to bare in mind with Biamou, I'm sure he made the step up from part time football to Full Time. He got better as the season went on. Technically he is getting better. I think we will be OK, so believe we may need one more though.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Greggs

You have to play a certain way to get the best out of him though and that's not the way we play.
agreed, would demand a big wage and would push Maxi and JCH down the pecking line. Waste of any potential they may have

Cavan O'Doherty

You have to play a certain way to get the best out of him though and that's not the way we play.
He did play with a striker similar to McNulty in Nahki Wells so it shows it could work well. We did play like that when Biamou was in the team as highlighted with the long ball up to him in the Notts County game when he scored the 3rd goal.

Users who are viewing this thread