We don't create enough (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Palmer the only player that looked capable of unlocking them. When he went off we had nothing. We could be a very good team but we need a bit of a spark.

We created our best chance when palmer went off?

Evo1883

Palmer the only player that looked capable of unlocking them. When he went off we had nothing. We could be a very good team but we need a bit of a spark.
We actually created 3 pretty decent chances today

Blind-Faith

We’re creating enough, stats wise I’m sure we’re having plenty of shots every game, just can’t put them away atm

shmmeee

We’re not quick enough. What we’ve lost are Vik being able to chase down sub par balls and Gus being able to play driven long passes out to the wings. So play goes through three or four passes instead of one or two.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t think this is really a surprise, we have lost two players who excelled at this and they’re very hard to replace. But generally I have never been a fan of slow tempo football, just letting the opposition get set and in place. For it to work you need brilliant technical players across the pitch, too.

pusbccfc

Nowhere near top six this season.Mid table at best.15K sat in Dk pocket.

The league is significantly better than last season it seems. Hence why ourselves, Middlesbrough and Sunderland don't seem to be quite at the level yet.

Finham

I don’t think this is really a surprise, we have lost two players who excelled at this and they’re very hard to replace. But generally I have never been a fan of slow tempo football, just letting the opposition get set and in place. For it to work you need brilliant technical players across the pitch, too.
Agreed-look at Luton and us (to a less direct degree) last season.

mark82

I think maybe that's more what it is. It's the pace & energy. Palmer gives you a bit of energy.

Hobo

And Ayari he played two lovely weighted balls in behind the defence. He needs to work harder out of possession and learn how to find pockets of space more often. But was impressed with what I saw today, there is a good player in there.

mark82

And Ayari he played two lovely weighted balls in behind the defence. He needs to work harder out of possession and learn how to find pockets of space more often. But was impressed with what I saw today, there is a good player in there.
Yeah, think creativity was maybe the wrong thing. Maybe it was more energy. Think that's something that both Hamer and Gyökeres gave us plenty of.

Good signs though in general throughout the team. Think we'll win more than we lose. Couple more to come in yet too.

AOM

We did to be fair. I actually thought Ayari looked good, but maybe more of a Hamer type than a 10.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was his natural position. I'd maybe have bought him on for Eccles who looked shattered. Sakamoto for Palmer

Hobo

He ran out of steam in that game though. Think it was maybe a touch late. He does work hard though.

Certain positions require high energy levels. AM and the WB's.arevthecobvious ones. Teams often sub these positions to keep the energy levels up. It can be a reflection on the tactics rather than the players.

mark82

Certain positions require high energy levels. AM and the WB's.arevthecobvious ones. Teams often sub these positions to keep the energy levels up. It can be a reflection on the tactics rather than the players.
It's great that when O'Hare comes back we aren't going to need him to play 90 minutes in every single game.

Hobo

It's great that when O'Hare comes back we aren't going to need him to play 90 minutes in every single game.
I think OHare will need some careful management. It is tough psychologically coming back from such a long layoff. He isn't necessarily going to just hit the ground running.

mark82

I think OHare will need some careful management. It is tough psychologically coming back from such a long layoff. He isn't necessarily going to just hit the ground running.
Yep. Will need building up with 5 to 10 minute cameo's.

Users who are viewing this thread