we need a leader (2 Viewers)

Spionkop

Tommy, fear you are talking to a brick wall with Robbo. He/she, has got an agenda against the Trust. But we should watch out as it'll soon be announced he's the new fan's leader. He's hot stuff. Come on Robbo, go for it. Show them useless Trust blokes how to do it.

TurkeyTrot

NOPM....

Not One Penny More not directly, but indirectly.

Robbo or nick, don't know if you've logged in and out ;)
NOPM was AFTER we had made numerous attempts to speak to the person who calls the shots at SISU. So you expect us to sit on our hands and do nothing but wait for a reply that never comes while our members call for us to do something. Our stance shifted because one side totally ignored us while the other side were and still are happy to meet us and answer any questions we put to them and if someone thinks why should they bother with us then why should they bother about our campaigns?

Nick

Administrator
NOPM was AFTER we had made numerous attempts to speak to the person who calls the shots at SISU. So you expect us to sit on our hands and do nothing but wait for a reply that never comes while our members call for us to do something. Our stance shifted because one side totally ignored us while the other side were and still are happy to meet us and answer any questions we put to them and if someone thinks why should they bother with us then why should they bother about our campaigns?

But it was sisu out before trust was reformed though? It was late kick off with the trust on that was anti sisu calling for admin as it would get them out...

DazzleTommyDazzle

Just if SISU aren't listening to the fans and there were more of them do you think they will listen to a biased Supporters Trust with less numbers?

I refer you back to my previous comment.

A group that represents circa 20% of an organisations customers......

I've worked in software for a fair number of years. Before that I was a buyer/user of software. All the software companies had user groups. Sometimes the relationship between the suppliers and the user group members verged on open warfare, sometimes it was very good. In all cases the companies considered it vital to maintain communication with these groups.

Maybe SISU just know better than everyone else.

sisu go home

Just had a read through and amongst some decent constructive points, this has turned into yet another thread about why everyone hates everything, and why supporters or non supporters of NOPM are the worst people in the world. IT'S BEEN COVERED! We know people's feelings about NOPM and sure there is a debate about whether it's right or wrong, whether it will work or not, but this was meant to be a thread discussing other ideas and leaving hatred of SISU, ACL and your fellow fans out of it. it's yet again gone wildly off the point.

Can we start just ONE page where people can get angry about everything, so that I can choose not read it and just get on with talking football without every thread constantly being consumed with people slagging off fans, the club, the city, the stadium? It's kind of becoming monotonous on here.

RoboCCFC90

Well my name is Nick, but I haven't logged onto a different username..

I don't expect you to sit on your hands and knees however you want NOPM towards SISU, it also has to be ACL, yes they are not directly responsible for the issues at our club, but they're a contributing factor.

Your missing that by advertising the CCLFC at the Ricoh, or did you advertise there matches before at the Oval in Bedworth?

RoboCCFC90

I refer you back to my previous comment.

A group that represents circa 20% of an organisations customers......

I've worked in software for a fair number of years. Before that I was a buyer/user of software. All the software companies had user groups. Sometimes the relationship between the suppliers and the user group members verged on open warfare, sometimes it was very good. In all cases the companies considered it vital to maintain communication with these groups.

Maybe SISU just know better than everyone else.

Perhaps it's all guessing..

Nick

Administrator
The one where we are the same person..

Oh, I didn't want to reply to that as I do have facts on who actually has multiple accounts and they might be a bit too close to home for him before he accused people of having multiple accounts because more than one person didn't agree..

RoboCCFC90

Oh, I didn't want to reply to that as I do have facts on who actually has multiple accounts and they might be a bit too close to home for him..

To be honest my name is Nick he could of easily got confused.

Bless

TurkeyTrot

But it was sisu out before trust was reformed though? It was late kick off with the trust on that was anti sisu calling for admin as it would get them out...

No Nick, sorry, you are 100% wrong. The Trust wasn't reformed. The trust has been going for 10 years or so, meeting every month pretty much without fail.
This idea of a reformed trust gives the impression that it has ceased to be, that was never the case, I know as I was one of those that attended the meetings every month so I can say FACT :)
Up until that point the Trust stayed clear away from the SISU out campaign purely because of the reasons you have stated. It would have left us no where to go. You me nor anyone else would involve/ negotiate with someone if their starting point was for us to leave. From what I can gather, after speaking to those that resigned from the SoC campaign, the reasons for leaving was due to the fact that it was a campaign solely to remove SISU without negotiation with them (I stand to be corrected on this as I had never been involved with that particular campaign)
It I'm honest, when these new guys joined the board the actual stance from the trust never changed. It got mobilised, more board members with greater skills gave us the ability to revitalise the trust to become what we are today and thank god they did.
So going back to your first point the trust has been consistence in its approach and our line only shifted recently when it became clear that Coventry City was to be moved to another town.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest my name is Nick he could of easily got confused.

Bless

I do just wish we could have more things like the march which aren't aimed at anybody, the numbers proved this would be backed.

When it gets anti sisu people aren't as interested to attend, when it is something neutral where everybody can share the same message it works and I think the trust did well with the march.

RoboCCFC90

I do just wish we could have more things like the march which aren't aimed at anybody, the numbers proved this would be backed.

When it gets anti sisu people aren't as interested to attend, when it is something neutral where everybody can share the same message it works and I think the trust did well with the march.

It has to be neutral, we know SISU are at fault, but are so other parties, it's not all on them, it's just easy for some to point the finger..

quinn1971

Here's the reason why I started this post.It alwalys turns into an argument of who's right or wrong.The trust have 2, 000 members but there were over 5, 000 on the march and probably more at the legends game.The trust would have more members if it didn't target just sisu..alot of the fans who boycott sixfields blame acl just as much as sisu but your asking them to take sides . Today for example trying to get fans to go to the ricoh instead of sixfields isn't going to unite fans.it needs one big statement instead of small*protest's which don't get heard....The sheff utd game has to be an opportunity to send a message out.sky cameras will be everywhere we could make more of a statement inside the ground than outside.7000 fans inside would have a bigger impact than a few hundred outside.If the choice is to demonstrate outside then it has to be large numbers....either way it needs to be something big....

TurkeyTrot

Come on then Nick, name one campaign we have "launched against them"

*Originally Posted by Nick *
Why would they speak to you though after you launch campaigns against them? I'm pretty sure if you said the same about acl they wouldn't speak to you either...

This one nick

Nick

Administrator
No Nick, sorry, you are 100% wrong. The Trust wasn't reformed. The trust has been going for 10 years or so, meeting every month pretty much without fail.
This idea of a reformed trust gives the impression that it has ceased to be, that was never the case, I know as I was one of those that attended the meetings every month so I can say FACT :)
Up until that point the Trust stayed clear away from the SISU out campaign purely because of the reasons you have stated. It would have left us no where to go. You me nor anyone else would involve/ negotiate with someone if their starting point was for us to leave. From what I can gather, after speaking to those that resigned from the SoC campaign, the reasons for leaving was due to the fact that it was a campaign solely to remove SISU without negotiation with them (I stand to be corrected on this as I had never been involved with that particular campaign)
It I'm honest, when these new guys joined the board the actual stance from the trust never changed. It got mobilised, more board members with greater skills gave us the ability to revitalise the trust to become what we are today and thank god they did.
So going back to your first point the trust has been consistence in its approach and our line only shifted recently when it became clear that Coventry City was to be moved to another town.

So it is just co incidence that the same people shouting sisu out outside the ricoh trying to boycott that game then merged into the trust.

I am just saying the impression it gives off and has done since its revival or whatever you want to call it has been anti sisu from the start.

Also the fact the trust were on late kick off earlier in the year saying how bad sisu were and admin would sort us out and fix all of our issues...

Nick

Administrator
*Originally Posted by Nick *
Why would they speak to you though after you launch campaigns against them? I'm pretty sure if you said the same about acl they wouldn't speak to you either...

This one nick

So are you saying sisu have refused straight out to speak to the trust? I'm by no means saying everybody must love sisu they are blameless, just what about the other parties and previous owners including Mr coventry..

stupot07

Don't quite agree Rob.

Can't see how ACL are making any money of any note at all out of a charity match and a CCFC Ladies game.

Pressure does need to be put on ACL and the council to though.

Of course they are Otis. 77% of every beer or pint bought goes back into ACL. NOPM - not one penny more, doesn't matter whether they are making anything of note, every penny counts. Isn't that why fans going to away games are buying from the home team, so that ccfc don't get the 5% commission?

TurkeyTrot

Yes nick. The one who makes the decisions on CCFC has refused to speak to us from the offset. That's three times I've posted this on the same thread!

Spionkop

Nick, perhaps you and Robbo could form a new organisation to show us fans the way forward? You could get that meeting with Joy Sepalla surely? Piece of cake eh?
Robbo seems up for it, he's already given my proposal the thumbs up. Come on, you could really show these Trust guys how to do it?

covhead1

Nick, perhaps you and Robbo could form a new organisation to show us fans the way forward? You could get that meeting with Joy Sepalla surely? Piece of cake eh?
Robbo seems up for it, he's already given my proposal the thumbs up. Come on, you could really show these Trust guys how to do it?

the gauntlet has been thrown!

go for it Nick

Nick

Administrator

So because I am giving constructive critisism that means go and make your own?

I want to go and watch and talk about football, standing with banners and chanting is not for me.

TurkeyTrot

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php?start=39

So that doesn't say "Trust meeting with Tim Fisher, 25 April 2013"?

I thought they hadn't spoken to you?

Also this one where they answered questions (may not be the right answers or what anybody wanted to hear but they are still answers)

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php?start=51

So do you still say SISU or reps have refused to speak to the Trust since day one?

For the fourth time. The person who makes the decisions on CCFC has refused to speak to us. What's so difficult for you to understand that?

TurkeyTrot

So because I am giving constructive critisism that means go and make your own?

I want to go and watch and talk about football, standing with banners and chanting is not for me.
So what is for you if a football club ceases to exist because no one was prepared to stand with banners and chant?
Constructive? Hmmm...

Tank Top

I tend to agree -- before I say more let me clear up something Lordsummerisle posted about me making "pro SISU" comments on GMK (whech I had forgotten about and apologized to him). These posts were made some 2/3 years ago when SISU appeared to be behaving themselves, paying rent etc and are not recent as implied. It's a bit like getting married, you might trust your missus to start with and she is loyal to you, but then she starts being unfaithful and your opinion changes.
This is why I have changed my opinion and now detest SISU and want rid of them- divorce !
I agree that SKY BLUES have a fan base of10,000 or more and only 1,000 still following them to Northampton. This is identical to the petitions signed that 90% do not want SKY BLUES to play outside of Coventry- a physical demonstration of just how many support SISU. I am not going to Northampton and support NOPM a KCIC.
If anyone in future wants to quote posts I made years ago as recent fact, that is hardly fair,

V.O.R......"Sorry about your Missis"

Spionkop

Tankie, I like it! On what is a miserable day that made me laugh.
VOR, hope you and the wife/partner are really ok.

Irowan

All these comments saying nopm will not or is not working, we are only on our second home game so don't understand how people feel defeated already. Add to this that the league given there admission of past "over sights" with the running of the club and who holds the players registrations and golden share then surely they will have to hold us to the book, with this in mind then the FFP rule then the nopm can't fail to work. It doesn't matter if we had as much money as man city, rules are rules and the league will be watching us very closely and making sure everything is done within the rules

Spionkop

Irowan, hope you are right.
Maybe the FL will abide by 'some' of their own rules.
2nd game in, exactly. Let's see how it goes.

simple_simon

Anyone supporting NOPM Otis should be able to understand that NOPM should be aimed towards SISU and ACL, a position which the Sky Blue Trust has ignored when they should have remained unbiased they didn't.. They have become an advertising hoarding for ACL IMO.

Do not agree, just seems that only one group will actually talk to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread