we need a leader (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Which is a fair point. ACL have been happy to talk, Sisu haven't.

Why should they when SISU know that the offers ACL provide show nothing in the way of stability and future ownership which is a fair enough reason.

Nick

Administrator
Robo, the trust have consistently attempted to get a meeting with the person from SISU who calls the shots but have not even had a response.
We've done the same with ACL and they have been happy to meet with us on many occasions.
But of course you know all this as we've said it a number of times...

Why would they speak to you though after you launch campaigns against them? I'm pretty sure if you said the same about acl they wouldn't speak to you either...

RoboCCFC90

Robo, the trust have consistently attempted to get a meeting with the person from SISU who calls the shots but have not even had a response.
We've done the same with ACL and they have been happy to meet with us on many occasions.
But of course you know all this as we've said it a number of times...

Do you also have a care for the club regarding its academy or Ladies club, a trust needs to be from the Tiddly Winks and upwards not just where the bulk of the support is.. But it's interesting that the Trust support fans taking an interest in CCLFC now but did you before when they were in Bedworth?

Nick

Administrator
Do you also have a care for the club regarding its academy or Ladies club, a trust needs to be from the Tiddly Winks and upwards not just where the bulk of the support is.. But it's interesting that the Trust support fans taking an interest in CCLFC now but did you before when they were in Bedworth?

Would the trust have an interest of they were playing at the oval today??

RoboCCFC90

Why would they speak to you though after you launch campaigns against them? I'm pretty sure if you said the same about acl they wouldn't speak to you either...

They won't speak too the Trust because they feel the Trust can't remain objective and it's true what about its NOPM message should be both to ACL and SISU!

RoboCCFC90

Would the trust have an interest of they were playing at the oval today??

Would they heckers!! They wouldn't care! They didn't advertise there games last season, didn't campaign against them playing matches outside the City of its name..

Spionkop

Thanks Turkey, 'threat' of a new team was my word. Nick missed that.
Nick, I'd rather CCFC was back in Coventry. I'm not prepared to wait five years or never. I'm in my 60s, I've been passionate about my team since 1959. You could count the games I've missed since then on one hand. I go away a lot too.
It's not good but a 'reclaimed' CCFC playing in Coventry has to be a possibility if this goes on past Xmas.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I'd rather CCFC was back in Coventry. I'm not prepared to wait five years or never. I'm in my 60s, I've been passionate about my team since 1959. You could count the games I've missed since then on one hand. I go away a lot too.
It's not good but a 'reclaimed' CCFC playing in Coventry has to be a possibility if this goes on past Xmas.

The thing is with that, yes you could go and watch them play but would you have the fire in your belly and passion about it?

cloughie

Well there Coventry City Ladies Football Club aren't they? It's in the name for the same reasons people are upset about our club being moved to Sixfields..

Doesn't matter if it was a new club or not it bares the name of a City and represents it history and community.

It can hardly be compared as the ladies do not have 130 years of history, heritage and fan base.

Voice_of_Reason

I'm 71 now, and if it goes 5 years I'll be 76. I started supporting at the age of 10 years old and this is the first season I will not be attending "joke home games". Breaks my heart that I'll probably never see Sky Blues back in the Premiership or even in Coventry again. SISU have fucked my club up -- bastards !

Spionkop

Robbo, you're talking about a side issue here. Nit picking.
If you asked the people that run CCFC ladies they might tell you Bedworth was their best option.
In all of this stadium madness, the Trust (I'm not a member) seem to be the only ones actually DOING anything practical. We might not agree with everything they do - I for one wish they'd go a bit more direct. And organise peaceful mass protests at Sixfields - on the pitch. But they are DOING stuff. They're maybe TOO polite and nice for their own good.
Bedworth is a minor side issue.

cloughie

The thing is with that, yes you could go and watch them play but would you have the fire in your belly and passion about it?

That is the big question and one that I find hard to answer honestly as i just don't know until/if it happened

RoboCCFC90

It can hardly be compared as the ladies do not have 130 years of history, heritage and fan base.

Yes it might not have the heritage, history and fan base as our club but is still born from our community.. Just as our club was, just like Sphinx, it doesn't make it right to base your argument on heritage and size.. Some people I have met at the first few away games haw been extremely passionate about the ladies club.

Nick

Administrator
If you asked the people that run CCFC ladies they might tell you Bedworth was their best option.
In all of this stadium madness, the Trust (I'm not a member) seem to be the only ones actually DOING anything practical. We might not agree with everything they do - I for one wish they'd go a bit more direct. And organise peaceful mass protests at Sixfields - on the pitch. But they are DOING stuff. They're maybe TOO polite and nice for their own good.

All they seem to be doing is free marketing for acl when sending emails out saying go to the ricoh. I think more march like events with no acl or sisu agenda.

RoboCCFC90

I am sorry, but that's rubbish! We are talking about a need for a group to be a leader and lead our message and the Sky Blue Trust are not it..

It's not just the ladies club it's NOPM, it should also be considered to ACL as well as SISU!

Spionkop

VOR, don't bother yourself with Summerisle. We know the scenario over six or seven years. Hindsight is a wonderful super power isn't it. Course he has that special skill which us mere mortals don't. Yeah right.
Keep banging the drum. If enough of us keep protesting we'll get there. After all, today is just the 2nd 'home' game. Things will look different on a wet night in December at Sixfields.
Bastards? Yes absolutely.
If I didn't know better I'd say your picture was Mike Goldstein of Cov Uni? Or am I imagining things?

Spionkop

Robbo, we'll have to disagree on that then.
In the absence of the Trust are you putting yourself forward as the new fan's leader?

TurkeyTrot

Which is a fair point. ACL have been happy to talk, Sisu haven't.

The position of the trust has shifted, I'm not going to deny that. But the board thought long and hard before the shift. Trust members were calling for it but we resisted as long as we felt we could because we didn't want to "burn bridges" but there comes a time when watersheds are passed and that's what happened with the move to Sixfields.
I'm a bit perplexed as to those that say ACL and SISU are "equally to blame" I'd love them to explain what their definition of "equal" is.
Whenever we have met or questioned ACL the answers given have been open and they have said we can publish them any time. I don't think anyone has been able to pull apart any of the answers received from ACL.
Whenever we have had dialog with SISU the responses have been different. Those responses are there for everyone to see and judge for themselves.
I know it's easy to type FACT at the end of a post when it's an opinion but I can tell you something that is FACT
I attended an SCG some months back. There will be some posters on here who attended the same SCG as I did, will read this and not respond, I'll leave others to judge why and them to look long and hard at themselves.
The SCG I am referring to Tim Fisher stated the Coventry City would come out of administration and would pay all the debts owing, the day, the hour, the minute they do that the transfer embargo would be lifted etc etc. that is a FACT. Anyone at that particular SCG want to call me a liar?
Mind you, he also said that Coventry would not be returning to the Ricoh and they would be ground sharing somewhere (at the time he said he didn't know where) and that they were looking at 3 options to built a new ground.

RoboCCFC90

VOR, don't bother yourself with Summerisle. We know the scenario over six or seven years. Hindsight is a wonderful super power isn't it. Course he has that special skill which us mere mortals don't. Yeah right.
Keep banging the drum. If enough of us keep protesting we'll get there. After all, today is just the 2nd 'home' game. Things will look different on a wet night in December at Sixfields.
Bastards? Yes absolutely.
If I didn't know better I'd say your picture was Mike Goldstein of Cov Uni? Or am I imagining things?

Are you going to chant SISU OUT and stand outside Sixfields? Well that sounds great we haven't chanted that before have we?

Grendel

In the absence of the Trust are you putting yourself forward as the new fan's leader?

There was I secret ballot last night. I won. Where shall I start?

RoboCCFC90

It had to be someone who can remain objective, yes KCIC is a good message but NOPM just shows of a stand point against SISU it may not of been so bad had they of said NOPM SISU & ACL at least there in the middle..

Haha!! Sarcastic I bet but not a bad idea!

Nick

Administrator
U
The position of the trust has shifted, I'm not going to deny that. But the board thought long and hard before the shift. Trust members were calling for it but we resisted as long as we felt we could because we didn't want to "burn bridges" but there comes a time when watersheds are passed and that's what happened with the move to Sixfields.
I'm a bit perplexed as to those that say ACL and SISU are "equally to blame" I'd love them to explain what their definition of "equal" is.
Whenever we have met or questioned ACL the answers given have been open and they have said we can publish them any time. I don't think anyone has been able to pull apart any of the answers received from ACL.
Whenever we have had dialog with SISU the responses have been different. Those responses are there for everyone to see and judge for themselves.
I know it's easy to type FACT at the end of a post when it's an opinion but I can tell you something that is FACT
I attended an SCG some months back. There will be some posters on here who attended the same SCG as I did, will read this and not respond, I'll leave others to judge why and them to look long and hard at themselves.
The SCG I am referring to Tim Fisher stated the Coventry City would come out of administration and would pay all the debts owing, the day, the hour, the minute they do that the transfer embargo would be lifted etc etc. that is a FACT. Anyone at that particular SCG want to call me a liar?
Mind you, he also said that Coventry would not be returning to the Ricoh and they would be ground sharing somewhere (at the time he said he didn't know where) and that they were looking at 3 options to built a new ground.

Has the promise of fan ownership from haskell and his link with acl helped sway it? Honest question.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Perhaps because they have a couple of thousand members who (it is reasonable to assume) are/were all pretty committed customers of theirs.

So a group that represents circa 20% of their customer base - most commercial organisations would see that as something worth paying attention to.

TurkeyTrot

U

Has the promise of fan ownership from haskell and his link with acl helped sway it? Honest question.

Honest answer is no.
We've contacted all parties that have shown an interest in CCFC, and we've been open with all of them who have responded. Nothing is on the table from any side so it would be foolish to nail your colours to anyone. It's counter productive.

TurkeyTrot

Perhaps because they have a couple of thousand members who (it is reasonable to assume) are/were all pretty committed customers of theirs.

So a group that represents circa 20% of their customer base - most commercial organisations would see that as something worth paying attention to.
Heading up to 3000 :)

Nick

Administrator
Honest answer is no.
We've contacted all parties that have shown an interest in CCFC, and we've been open with all of them who have responded. Nothing is on the table from any side so it would be foolish to nail your colours to anyone. It's counter productive.

Surely the same could be said about going all out against sisu who own us?

RoboCCFC90

Is there more people in the trust than the walk through the City produced?

Spionkop

Nick, in answer to your poser about enthusiasm for a 'reclaimed' CCFC. Oh yes. Because I'm sure every fan would know they are the real CCFC. We would do what Wimbledon did and take back their heritage and history from MK Dons.
As I said - the word you missed in my earlier post 'threat' of a new club in Coventry would galvanise minds at Sisu. You missed that key word. Just the mere threat of a new club.
What would you have us do? Wait five years or more?

Nick

Administrator
Nick, in answer to your poser about enthusiasm for a 'reclaimed' CCFC. Oh yes. Because I'm sure every fan would know they are the real CCFC. We would do what Wimbledon did and take back their heritage and history from MK Dons.
As I said - the word you missed in my earlier post 'threat' of a new club in Coventry would galvanise minds at Sisu. You missed that key word. Just the mere threat of a new club.
What would you have us do? Wait five years or more?

No, I just wouldn't be able to support them properly. It would be the same as watching sphinx or Nuneaton.

RoboCCFC90

Go on then Robbo, go for it. I await the news in the media.

The first message I would say is NOPM is a good message that was highly publicised by my Predecessors, however this message needs to be a message of unity, NOPM should apply to events that are held at an ACL/Council Owned Ricoh Arena, such as Ladies matches, concerts and other sporting events..

Yes SISU should go but we need a clean slate all over and to now back to the Ricoh we need ACL to go as well!

RoboCCFC90

As I recall, numbers were estimated at over 5k, so I guess you can probably manage the maths yourself.

Was there a point to the question?

Just if SISU aren't listening to the fans and there were more of them do you think they will listen to a biased Supporters Trust with less numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread