Well, Looks like Preston has said his goodbyes (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Les Reid Tweeted.

BREAKING: Preston Haskell IV statement just released to me. Seemingly parting words. Thanks #CCFC & fans, gave it his best shot etc

CJ_covblaze

Steve.B50

If he buys at least half the Ricoh he will also put a bid into SISU for CCFC, they can say yes or no, if its no they he can bid again for less in a month, which will also have cost SISU more money

The way I look at it, SISU could take £10m now or £5m in a month after another £1m spending money paying to an empty stadium and paying wages.

stupot07

If he buys at least half the Ricoh he will also put a bid into SISU for CCFC, they can say yes or no, if its no they he can bid again for less in a month, which will also have cost SISU more money

The way I look at it, SISU could take £10m now or £5m in a month after another £1m spending money paying to an empty stadium and paying wages.

he wont buy half the Ricoh now, the offer to buy the stake in the Ricoh was on the condition they were successful in buying Ltd

Steve.B50

Stupot07
Might not be him, but hope it is, but the opportunity is now better than ever.
If I were him I would play it cool and say my thanks ect, but then get a cheeky offer thrown in and see the reaction?
It's so very obvious that the Arena is just part of the deal.
I know it might just be my own thoughts but it does make sense ad I am living in hope of a little positive hope.

quinn1971

Stupot07
Might not be him, but hope it is, but the opportunity is now better than ever.
If I were him I would play it cool and say my thanks ect, but then get a cheeky offer thrown in and see the reaction?
It's so very obvious that the Arena is just part of the deal.
I know it might just be my own thoughts but it does make sense ad I am living in hope of a little positive hope.

Hate to put any more of a downer on today.but he's just got on his horse and gone.nobody is going to rescue us from shitsu.i

torchomatic

[video=youtube;3aBNibb7QBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBNibb7QBA[/video]

ccfcway

the latest...

"I sincerely hope for the best at Coventry City", says losing American bidder Preston Haskell

14 Jun 2013 22:00
Coventry City exclusive: Preston Haskell releases statement to the Coventry Telegraph wishing Sky Blues the best for the future

PM2852006dj060413city_2-Medium-3406836.jpg

US property tycoon Preston Haskell IV appears to have given up his interest in buying Coventry City and the Ricoh Arena.

In a statement released to the Telegraph shortly after 9pm tonight, he appeared to be walking away from any remote hope of securing a takeover at the club.

It came three hours after Coventry City Football Club Limited's administrator, Paul Appleton, announced his preferred buyer is Otium Entertainments - a company related to hedge fund Sisu, which has continued to operate the club under Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited.

Fans have tonight been speculating over whether Florida-based Mr Haskell, who bid had been backed by former club directors Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman, might still make a last gasp offer to Sisu to buy the club, even though Holdings boss Tim Fisher has repeatedly insisted the club is not for sale.

PM2852652dj060413city_47-Medium-3860371.jpg

Preston Haskell IV (centre) with Gary Hoffman and Joe Elliott
Many fans on social media tonight were also still hoping the Football League might intevene next week to prevent the sale backed by Mr Appleton.

But tonight's statement from Preston Haskell IV reads: "Over the past few months while working hard to acquire CCFC, I have developed a strong affinity with the fan base of the club.

"Of course I am disappointed by this afternoon's decision but I am incredibly proud to have had the experience and unforeseen encouragement of a lot of dedicated supporters. I'm so appreciative of that.

"I personally met with Mr. Paul Appleton and think he and his colleagues, bound by the laws and rules of an official legal process have been very professional throughout this difficult undertaking. His job wasn't easy but it was done according to the law, and appropriately managed.

"I would also like to publically thank the 'good and great of Coventry' Mr. Joe Elliott and the steadfast Mr. Gary Hoffman for their unwavering support and hard work. These two gentlemen truly bleed Sky Blue.

"Finally, I sincerely hope for the best at CCFC."

torchomatic

I'll now await the latest statement from BlueGloucester.

the latest...

"I sincerely hope for the best at Coventry City", says losing American bidder Preston Haskell

14 Jun 2013 22:00
Coventry City exclusive: Preston Haskell releases statement to the Coventry Telegraph wishing Sky Blues the best for the future

PM2852006dj060413city_2-Medium-3406836.jpg

US property tycoon Preston Haskell IV appears to have given up his interest in buying Coventry City and the Ricoh Arena.

In a statement released to the Telegraph shortly after 9pm tonight, he appeared to be walking away from any remote hope of securing a takeover at the club.

It came three hours after Coventry City Football Club Limited's administrator, Paul Appleton, announced his preferred buyer is Otium Entertainments - a company related to hedge fund Sisu, which has continued to operate the club under Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited.

Fans have tonight been speculating over whether Florida-based Mr Haskell, who bid had been backed by former club directors Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman, might still make a last gasp offer to Sisu to buy the club, even though Holdings boss Tim Fisher has repeatedly insisted the club is not for sale.

PM2852652dj060413city_47-Medium-3860371.jpg

Preston Haskell IV (centre) with Gary Hoffman and Joe Elliott
Many fans on social media tonight were also still hoping the Football League might intevene next week to prevent the sale backed by Mr Appleton.

But tonight's statement from Preston Haskell IV reads: "Over the past few months while working hard to acquire CCFC, I have developed a strong affinity with the fan base of the club.

"Of course I am disappointed by this afternoon's decision but I am incredibly proud to have had the experience and unforeseen encouragement of a lot of dedicated supporters. I'm so appreciative of that.

"I personally met with Mr. Paul Appleton and think he and his colleagues, bound by the laws and rules of an official legal process have been very professional throughout this difficult undertaking. His job wasn't easy but it was done according to the law, and appropriately managed.

"I would also like to publically thank the 'good and great of Coventry' Mr. Joe Elliott and the steadfast Mr. Gary Hoffman for their unwavering support and hard work. These two gentlemen truly bleed Sky Blue.

"Finally, I sincerely hope for the best at CCFC."

quinn1971

I'll now await the latest statement from BlueGloucester.

Think he knows the football league will not stand in the way of otium's bid.he wouldn't have come out with this statement so quick.sisu for the long haul then. Looks like fisher wasn't bullshitting after all

torchomatic

torchomatic

[video=youtube;YY8APrYU2Gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8APrYU2Gs[/video]

torchomatic

Grendel

Its over, let's not kid ourselves

I'm sure Preston will appear shortly bidding for another club -- and ensuring he doesn't end up buying it.

theferret

I'm sure Preston will appear shortly bidding for another club -- and ensuring he doesn't end up buying it.

Like the sort of people who view houses they know they could never afford?

He does seem to have bailed out a little quick, especially when we all anticipated the outcome. No backup plan? Credit to the other bidders who have avoided all that self-publicity and done things properly. Hopefully they will stick around.

Users who are viewing this thread