Well, Looks like Preston has said his goodbyes (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Like the sort of people who view houses they know they could never afford?

He does seem to have bailed out a little quick, especially when we all anticipated the outcome. No backup plan? Credit to the other bidders who have avoided all that self-publicity and done things properly. Hopefully they will stick around.

Yep remember Haskell has form for this. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride. He was never going to buy the club.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep remember Haskell has form for this. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride. He was never going to buy the club.

A guy I know who's a big Leeds fan said that Haskell was Bates' preferred bidder last year but fell short proving he had the money. Not sure what point there was in bidding.

Brighton Sky Blue

ACL's preferred choice of administrator wasn't convinced he had the cash either.

Questions he's never dispelled, but in the rush to replace SISU with him, have never been properly asked either.

I really hoped he had the finances to pull it off, but I am a man of my word-if SISU have been found to be the best bidders and it's all above board then I can't complain. It's the opposite of what I wanted, mind.

NorthernWisdom

I really hoped he had the finances to pull it off, but I am a man of my word-if SISU have been found to be the best bidders and it's all above board then I can't complain. It's the opposite of what I wanted, mind.

Unlike what some on here would have many believe, I doubt anybody wants SISU.

I'd rather make sure whoever replaces them is capable of doing so however. Have we lost all pride in ourselves that we jump into bed with anyone before chequeing if the makeup covers the sores from their countless STDs?

georgehudson

seems like a bit of a glee club on this thread,
with all the usual suspects crowing to massage sisu's point of view,
OUR club, it would appear has been systematically been reduced to nothing less that a minor league side,
whatever the sisu game plan is,
it is regarded by over 99% of supporters as dubious to say the least,
where does this leave the FA in this ?
& how many would sign up to say that we have 'fit & proper' owners,
just perhaps,
Coventry City Phoenix FC could rise from the ashes ?
after all less than a thousand watching a CCFC-OTIUM in who knows where is not a business model,
well done TF & JS, from the 'true sky blue',
it all come to those who wait

Brighton Sky Blue

Unlike what some on here would have many believe, I doubt anybody wants SISU.

I'd rather make sure whoever replaces them is capable of doing so however. Have we lost all pride in ourselves that we jump into bed with anyone before chequeing if the makeup covers the sores from their countless STDs?

Knowing Coventry it wouldn't be a shock.

NorthernWisdom

None of us have that kind of access unfortunately so hope and speculation is the best we've got.

We can find out, if we try. The world is a global village nowadays. And if we don't we can not put out quite so quickly, not till the third date at least.

Or we can just back one horse on a hunch, and hope we picked the right one and not the lame mare due for a lasagne later.

Users who are viewing this thread