Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (4 Viewers)

HadjiChippo

Did you even see the goals?
I often wonder what game you've been watching.

Our defending was shocking, but Wilson was in no position to react to either effort.
He’s never saving either of those. No keeper in the world are saving those.

First one as far in the far corner as you can get and the second was hard and low about six yards out

PVA

I’m sure the experts told us that Robins signed them to be played together. Hang on, they also rate Dasilva.

6101H-JpBiL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

hamertime

This team is brilliant when they are flying, but when the going gets tough they get going.

You can imagine them later having a little pyjama party round Wilson’s flat later playing fifa and eating pizza until 2 in the morning

chiefdave

Or the thing he says every week isn’t a cunning ruse and is actually true and we have a small tired squad.
Admittedly its a different sport but I've heard Jimmy Anderson talk about how the England cricket coaches use the data they collect on players. every players is 'zoned', green, amber or red. Green is all good, amber is starting to tire and red is basically if they play they are very likely to pick up an injury and be out for weeks

Would expect us to have similar data. That would mean players don't necessarily need to be injured in the more traditional sense for them to be consider not eligible for the match day squad or at least not capable of a full 90 minutes

Its not a matter these days of working out what your first choice XI is and then just playing that every game

hinckley cov

Not aggressive enough for a centre back in my opinion. In a back three he could possibly get away with it. Definitely not in a two.
Binks makes stupid fouls, like in the second half on the line right by the linesman he pulls their player back by his shirt , needless.

Skyblue Bangkok

Reflections - (im not usually this negative but i’m in a bad mood so let me off)

- The back 5 isn’t working this season. We look disjointed with it and as if there is no connection between the midfield and the attack even with COH and KP in the 10 role. This probably reflects us last season having vik up front who could chase anything and pickup space in the channels exceptionally even with little service and also having gus at the end of the year advancing effectively.
- MVE has looked poor defensively for a while now, which is a shame as he had a promising uptick in form around new year
- Kasey Palmer flatters to deceive. The clueless commentators on sky said he was our best player but imo other than the penalty he offered very little other than giving it away or blasting it over and I think we’d have fared better (although still not got a point) if he kept O’hare on instead.
- As soon as Sheaf comes back and is on form, we’ll be a different side. The playoff race isnt over as we could be much improved with him back in but we need to start picking up points away from home more consistently
Vik scored a typical goal against Benfica last night in the cup , how we miss him at times

shmmeee

Admittedly its a different sport but I've heard Jimmy Anderson talk about how the England cricket coaches use the data they collect on players. every players is 'zoned', green, amber or red. Green is all good, amber is starting to tire and red is basically if they play they are very likely to pick up an injury and be out for weeks

Would expect us to have similar data. That would mean players don't necessarily need to be injured in the more traditional sense for them to be consider not eligible for the match day squad or at least not capable of a full 90 minutes

Its not a matter these days of working out what your first choice XI is and then just playing that every game

Too many people playing FIFA with a binary fitness system and no fatigue between games. Get on Champ Man and they’d understand. 70% fit is a thing.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We're in a rut. It happened last season a couple of times and now this. A run of half a dozen games where we are under par and drop down the table , followed by a return to form. I think we might miss out on the play offs but I expect us to be closer to the top 6 than we are right now so you never know .
We desperately need Sheaf back and someone who is a real captain who can lead this team . Latibeaudier isn't the answer. Very few are.

Nick

Administrator
Too many people playing FIFA with a binary fitness system and no fatigue between games. Get on Champ Man and they’d understand. 70% fit is a thing.

It's an excuse that's wheeled out too much.

Maybe something is going wrong with the fitness team or the players we are signing.

AiS86

Was weirdly gonna suggest this, even with the irony of Robins seeming to have to keep reiterating it's not a computer game. But anyone who doesn't seem to believe in fatigue or illness being real, play FM for a week, play the same players every game, see what happens

Nick

Administrator
Was weirdly gonna suggest this, even with the irony of Robins seeming to have to keep reiterating it's not a computer game. But anyone who doesn't seem to believe in fatigue or illness being real, play FM for a week, play the same players every game, see what happens

Yeah it's all well and good him saying it but why doesn't what he does match up with it?

Kitching has hardly played recently FFS, if he's fatigued maybe whoever did the medical should be sacked.

bigfatronssba

We need to spend some serous cash if thats what sub £10mil gets you
This season is unusually hard.

Next season will be easier

Users who are viewing this thread