Westworld (1 Viewer)

Otis

I saw the Bernard thing coming and I also have a feeling Ford is a host too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, my thinking too. Have thought that for a while now. Bernard did surprise me, but I assumed William was the MIB.

After the Bernard thing, you have to wonder if everyone might be a host. Civilisation wiped out, in the future and with the hosts playing out this crazy, perpetual fantasy tale, whilst trying to build a host as human as possibly can be.

Gint11

Yep, my thinking too. Have thought that for a while now. Bernard did surprise me, but I assumed William was the MIB.

After the Bernard thing, you have to wonder if everyone might be a host. Civilisation wiped out, in the future and with the hosts playing out this crazy, perpetual fantasy tale, whilst trying to build a host as human as possibly can be.

Yep. I also think William is the MIB but being played in different timelines. Not a clue about Deloris though yet.

Love the show though so far but you do really have to pay attention every second. The amount of rewinding I've done is unreal.

Otis

Yep. I also think William is the MIB but being played in different timelines. Not a clue about Deloris though yet.

Love the show though so far but you do really have to pay attention every second. The amount of rewinding I've done is unreal.

Yeah, I should do that too.

Unfortunately I watch it via NowTV, as I am with Virgin and you don't get Sky Atlantic. Rewinding is a bit of a pain and it can buffer. Much easier on my TiVo box.

There's loads of little things I forget about. For instance, I didn't immediately recognise the photo of the modern day fiancee at first in that last episode. Took a while to click.

I am guessing Delores is Wyatt, but maybe that is wrong too. You can't tell sometimes if hosts are remembering the past accurately or not.

When you look at Teddy he believed he was with Union officers shooting up a town, but then when he recalled again later, he was killing women and children.

So when Delores had her memory of killing all the people in the town you just don't know if that is accurate or not.

dutchman

Westworld fans might want to avoid the internet completely tomorrow until they've watched the finalé as I can guarantee that some website or other will reveal the ending in a huge headline that you simply can't ignore. Then of course there are the emails from friends who've already seen it with the surprise twist mentioned in the header.

Otis

Not going to say anything about last night's episode, past Delores' outfits are confusing the hell out of me.

Last week seemed clear that the dress was in the present and the blouse and boots was the past.

We see William in the past with Delores in the blouse and boots garb, yet this week we have the MIB with Delores and Delores is in the blouse and boots again.

I like many others assumed each outfit signified a distinct set time period.

Otis

I think I need to try and get into it!
You'll have to stick with it, Nick. Gets a big bogged down and confused for a couple of episodes, but all makes sense in the end and two or three of the episodes are simply breathtaking.

dutchman

I don't think I'm giving too much away by revealing that the next season will feature 'Samurai World'? Hopefully there will be lots of severed limbs and beheadings. A few geisha-girl orgies won't hurt either. :)

Sadly we'll have to wait until 2018 to see it.:(

Otis

I don't think I'm giving too much away by revealing that the next season will feature 'Samurai World'? Hopefully there will be lots of severed limbs and beheadings. A few geisha-girl orgies won't hurt either. :)

Sadly we'll have to wait until 2018 to see it.:(
Does concern me though that as it is Samurai, we are going to see lots of swords being swayed about.

I'm all for nudity .... as long as it's not male.

Pipehitterz

That was bloody brilliant... No pun intended.
Agree totally.
I missed last weeks on purpose so that last night I could watch 2 and a half hours, and it was simply fantastic.
Twist after twist after twist.

Only thing that spoilt it for me was someone mentioned
Spoilers
Time lines, so that reveal was spoilt for me by reading this fucking thread.
Yeah it was pretty easy to Work out, but I like to watch these things that are right in front of me and not question it until it reveals.
But the last 3 episodes were so very good.

Otis

Agree totally.
I missed last weeks on purpose so that last night I could watch 2 and a half hours, and it was simply fantastic.
Twist after twist after twist.

Only thing that spoilt it for me was someone mentioned
Spoilers
Time lines, so that reveal was spoilt for me by reading this fucking thread.
Yeah it was pretty easy to Work out, but I like to watch these things that are right in front of me and not question it until it reveals.
But the last 3 episodes were so very good.
There's always one blabbermouth spoiling it all.

Maybe you should meet him by the Jimmy Hill statue to sort it all out.

Otis

Just a few things from the finale.

1. It seems a lot of people misjudged Ford, some viewers and critics previously calling him evil.

I did personally wonder a while back if in fact his intentions were good. Wasn't convinced of it, but did think perhaps he might turn out to be in the end.

2. Will Ford be back? Was he making a host of himself deep in the hidden lab? If not himself, then who?

3. Where are Elsie and Stubbs? Never confirmed they were dead. Back for season 2 perhaps?

4. Why do we have to wait so bloody long for the next one? ;)

Pipehitterz

Just a few things from the finale.

1. It seems a lot of people misjudged Ford, some viewers and critics previously calling him evil.

I did personally wonder a while back if in fact his intentions were good. Wasn't convinced of it, but did think perhaps he might turn out to be in the end.

2. Will Ford be back? Was he making a host of himself deep in the hidden lab? If not himself, then who?

3. Where are Elsie and Stubbs? Never confirmed they were dead. Back for season 2 perhaps?

4. Why do we have to wait so bloody long for the next one? ;)
really hoping elsie and stubbs are coming back, there seems to be a complete indian storyline thats not even been touched, along with the wyatt story
those 2 will drag a season out each i wouldimagine

left so many new questions , really really great series, up there with lost imo

Otis

Oh, and the other thing I wanted people's opinion on was the Maeve thing.

Seemingly quite a few people are saying she got on the train, realised it was all part of the narrative, so changed her mind and decided to get off.

I didn't see it that way at all. The way I saw it was that the getting on the train and then getting off WAS part of the narrative, hence all the systems shutting down and lights going off when she exited and went back on to the platform. Her story arc was complete.

Last edited:

Pipehitterz

Oh, and the other thing I wanted people's opinion on was the Maeve thing.

Seemingly quite a few people are saying she got on the train, realised it was all part of the narrative, so changed her mind and decided to get off.

I didn't see it that way at all. The way I saw it was that the getting on the train and then getting off WAS part of the narrative, hence all the systems shitting down and lights going off when she exited back in to the platform. Her story arc was complete.
Yeah I thought the same

Otis

Enjoyed it so much on Sunday night I think I am going to watch it again this evening. Something I never do.

Oh and ....
I didn't spot it, but apparently there was a clear clue as to William being the MIB about episode 5 or 6. William and Delores take the train and William is wearing exactly the same grey shirt MIB wears. Dead giveaway if you spotted it. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161206/f70a4ce021e3b12c6d96611fcd6b0aa7.jpg
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161206/bc9a2c1b3270e10b0f95f73e5d2deb62.jpg

98a2243956bb8491d1d64ca30f325be0.jpg

[/IMG]

chiefdave

Enjoyed it so much on Sunday night I think I am going to watch it again this evening. Something I never do.
I'll probably give the whole lot another run through at some point. Partly because I enjoyed it and partly as I might understand it second time round!

dutchman

I'd be interested to know from someone who hasn't watched the entire series whether the last episode works as a standalone movie because I got the impression it was made first as a pilot and then developed into a series later when it was picked up by HBO.

covcity4life

very good episode but i agree with pipe. this thread ruined the william reveal and i wish i had never read it. much more impact if it unfolded on tv

also................i dont get it

fords last narrative was to allow the hosts to find their consciences? although it showed that mae was following a new storyline so his narrative is a fake awakening? i dont get ittttttttttttt

and the wyatt thing. i get why delores kills loads of people but why does cyclops from x-men also do it?

too weird. good episode but think they need to flesh out answers sharpish in s2

olderskyblue

I'll probably give the whole lot another run through at some point. Partly because I enjoyed it and partly as I might understand it second time round!

And partly because of all the tits? ;)

Otis

very good episode but i agree with pipe. this thread ruined the william reveal and i wish i had never read it. much more impact if it unfolded on tv

also................i dont get it

fords last narrative was to allow the hosts to find their consciences? although it showed that mae was following a new storyline so his narrative is a fake awakening? i dont get ittttttttttttt

and the wyatt thing. i get why delores kills loads of people but why does cyclops from x-men also do it?

too weird. good episode but think they need to flesh out answers sharpish in s2
But didn't Maeve's awakening awaken others? Wasn't that the kind of point?

And I think the fact that her trail to freedom was also in fact in itself a story, just showed how much power Ford held and what a master puppeteer he was.

As for the William thing, there were massive clues there anyway. The shirt, the knife, the hosts being mechanical and not 'flesh,' proving that the time period was much earlier, William starting to get meaner as the episodes played out and moved on, MIB saying he had been married 30 years and William saying he was just about to get married, the things that MIB was saying etc. It was all there.

covcity4life

the timeline talk on this thread came about way before delores got stabbed to show she was mechanical. william hadnt got that mean at all, first time i remember him being mean was when he said leave the soldior to die.

the marriage thing is not exactly blatant

2 people have told you the timeline talked ruined the reveal. no need for you to get defensive

Users who are viewing this thread