What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
Then this popped up!

I have no idea what it is, but some of the words are hilarious. Im not sure if it is a parody or not.

It's like a bloke making it up as he goes along.

bringbackrattles

Another bargain from charity shop. Let It Be Revisited. A tribute CD to the Beatles album. As it was their final album Mojo magazine produced it, and 12 artists were picked to cover the tracks on it. Never heard of most of them to be honest, John Grant, James Apollo, Phosphorescent, and others. But it sounds good.

Johnnythespider

Another bargain from charity shop. Let It Be Revisited. A tribute CD to the Beatles album. As it was their final album Mojo magazine produced it, and 12 artists were picked to cover the tracks on it. Never heard of most of them to be honest, John Grant, James Apollo, Phosphorescent, and others. But it sounds good.
This is John Grant with Elbow, he is touring with them next year. I think he has a great voice.

clint van damme

The new Noel Gallagher song is currently on the radio, absolute dog shit.
One of the worse songs I've ever heard. You're a multi millionaire for fucks sake, wake up to the fact you made one good album, you've got no more good songs in you,go and enjoy your money.

wingy

The new Noel Gallagher song is currently on the radio, absolute dog shit.
One of the worse songs I've ever heard. You're a multi millionaire for fucks sake, wake up to the fact you made one good album, you've got no more good songs in you,go and enjoy your money.
I know they said they were influenced by the likes of Slade.
I have a feeling he's mentioned Roy Wood /The Move too.
I think that single draws a heavy influence from there.

clint van damme

I know they said they were influenced by the likes of Slade.
I have a feeling he's mentioned Roy Wood /The Move too.
I think that single draws a heavy influence from there.

without doubt, I think it's dreadful. I haven't liked anything he's done since Definitely maybe. I had such high hopes for them after that album as well.

bringbackrattles

A customer of mine is a massive Paul McCartney fan. I said that he hasn't made a decent record since Venus and Mars when he was in Wings. He got a right strop on him for me saying that. Sod it the truth hurts !

clint van damme

I first came accross her when She did the vocals on Sometimes Always by Jesus and Mary Chain. She was seeing Jim Reid at the time and he wrote it for her apparently.

Think you're right though I remember years ago someone told me she was the Reid brothers sister!

wingy

I have a Bryan Ferry album Dylanesque covering many of Bobs work, it's decent but sad to say I rarely play it.
More in line with the let it be covers is a double album I think by Peter Gabriel where a host of stars cover selected tracks from his catalogue, then he reciprocates covering one of theirs.

Johnnythespider

I have a Bryan Ferry album Dylanesque covering many of Bobs work, it's decent but sad to say I rarely play it.
More in line with the let it be covers is a double album I think by Peter Gabriel where a host of stars cover selected tracks from his catalogue, then he reciprocates covering one of theirs.
You scratch my back, which is him covering others songs followed by I'll scratch yours which is others covering his. I was listening to his cover of Mirrorball by elbow earlier.

Otis

Just come across John Grant. Had heard of him before but paid him little attention.

Elbow have done a track with him called Kindling, as Wingy says, which is really, really good and I loved his voice in it, so checked him out and came across this song, Queen of Denmark, which I absolutely love. Fantastic lyrics and what a voice.

Last edited:

Gazolba

The Standells:

bringbackrattles

Spotted an old Simple Minds album in a shop : Good News From The Next World. Got She's A River and Hypnotised on it. Love it. Can't beat some Simple Minds now and again !

Gazolba

Jackie DeShannon (she wrote this song):

Last edited:

Gazolba

The Peanut Butter Conspiracy:

Otis

Randy Newman. One of the most beautiful songs ever written I would say, but unfortunately every time I listen to it, it does bring a tear to my eye, so my daughter always asks why I play it and I simply say 'because it is a thing of pure beauty.'

Would like it played at my funeral to be honest, but do think it would then have everyone else in tears too. Probably the only thing that would have people in tears at my passing if truth be known.

bringbackrattles

Randy Newman. One of the most beautiful songs ever written I would say, but unfortunately every time I listen to it, it does bring a tear to my eye, so my daughter always asks why I play it and I simply say 'because it is a thing of pure beauty.'

Would like it played at my funeral to be honest, but do think it would then have everyone else in tears too. Probably the only thing that would have people in tears at my passing if truth be known.
My sister said what song would I want playing at my funeral ? Before I replied she said in innocence I think " I bet Highway To Hell by ACDC ? " Then again !

lifeskyblue

Just seen that Runrig are on their final tour next year. Loved them back in the day when Donnie Munro was the lead singer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread