What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

Presently listening to Dire Straits. I'm no fan of their commercial pop music but still like their first three albums.
Same with Coldplay - still love the first album, but dislike everything since.

The first album is very good. I bought it as my elder brother used to play it a lot at the time as he still lived at home then.

Gazolba

Presently listening to Dire Straits. I'm no fan of their commercial pop music but still like their first three albums.
Same with Coldplay - still love the first album, but dislike everything since.
I love the Brothers in Arms album.

bringbackrattles

In the Horseshoes pub before the game on Saturday.An hour of great music on the jukebox. ACDC,Motorhead, Black Sabbath,Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden,and Deep Purple. A group of us were enjoying it that much we didn't want to go the game. By the final whistle we wished we had stayed in the pub !

Skyblueweeman

***Weeman delves out of CCFC thread to examine what else goes on, on SBT***

Just seen this one and wanted to pick up on BBR and CovStus comments.

BBR - The Alanis Morrisette album 'Jagged Little Pill' is a great album. There's a song on the album which I think's great and have YouToobed her doing acoustically - 'You Learn'...great voice. Check her out doing it live. As for the others you've bought - good choices. Particularly Stereophonics and Oasis...the type of music I grew up to as a teen in the 90s.

The Oasis album was mega hyped after the success of the first two albums. With Oasis, it wasn't just about the music, it was about them spearheading a movement at the time - Cool Britannia...they just seemed to fit and their music was apt for those times. The 3rd album, Be Here Now, was recorded when they were at their peak...with that peak came copious amounts of white powder...and they've since said that the album is too long and over-produced for the very reason that they were often under the influence. Personally, I think the songs are good...the last real time Liams voice was ok...until recently.

The Stereophonics have always been in my Top 5 Favourite bands, purely because they're so consistent. Their sound has been consistent since the albums from the 90s (Performance & Cocktails and Word Gets Around) and there's always at least 4 songs on each album which I think are corkers...rarely do I find that with bands/artists I've liked for years. I think their latest is out next week which I'm looking forward to as their last album was probably my least favourite (although C'est La Vie is a track!).

If anyone like me is into their guitar stuff, indie type of music, I must say, Liam Gallaghers new album 'As You Were' has really impressed me. I wasn't overly fussed with his Beady Eye stuff and his voice had taken a turn for the worse (apart from Flick of the Finger...top tune). So I bought his new album hoping for something positive. And I've not been disappointed. Ok, it's been co-written but his voice is the best it's been for years and the tracks are catchy...almost as if they were Oasis tunes. Defo recommend it.

Noels album is out next month...it'll be interesting to see what that's like as the first single from it 'Holy Mountain' is a totally different sound from what he's done before. I hated it when I first heard it but it's grown on me so I await the album with intrigue.

And here doth endeth WeeMans music review...

xcraigx

Anybody beat this for a bargain ? Got it for 50 pence. Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers. In mint condition and a classic. Their best album ?

My favourite ever album is the Holy Bible, but Everything Must Go isn't too far behind. 2 totally different sounding albums but both absolutely fantastic. Gold Against The Soul could have been up there too but was massively over produced and sounded far too clean and sterile.

bringbackrattles

Went into town this afternoon so popped in a couple of charity shops as always on the look out for CDs.
Come away with 3 crackers ! 99 pence each. Duffy : Rockferry. Best of Muddy Waters. And Blondie : No Exit. Is Duffy still going ? Great voice.

Nick

Administrator
Went into town this afternoon so popped in a couple of charity shops as always on the look out for CDs.
Come away with 3 crackers ! 99 pence each. Duffy : Rockferry. Best of Muddy Waters. And Blondie : No Exit. Is Duffy still going ? Great voice.

Good to see you have a bit of Mercy on the charities.*

*I will be making puns on all of your purchases.

ovduk78

All I ever see in charity shops is stuff by the likes of Sade, Kylie & Showaddywaddy, I've never found a decent cd yet!

bringbackrattles

All I ever see in charity shops is stuff by the likes of Sade, Kylie & Showaddywaddy, I've never found a decent cd yet!
I'm always lucky in charity shops. There is some crap but amongst them you can find some gems. My favourite music is rock and heavy metal. But this year I've bought all types, I've purchased CDs I never thought I'd ever listen to. I now like bands like the Guillemots, Deacon Blue, The Cardigans, and many more. The Muddy Waters CD is brilliant too !

ovduk78

I'm always lucky in charity shops. There is some crap but amongst them you can find some gems. My favourite music is rock and heavy metal. But this year I've bought all types, I've purchased CDs I never thought I'd ever listen to. I now like bands like the Guillemots, Deacon Blue, The Cardigans, and many more. The Muddy Waters CD is brilliant too !
My favourite music is rock and I have a liking for female singers but have never found anything that I'd like to give a go. I've always liked Deacon Blue btw

torchomatic

Mcbean

Torchy - saw the Buzzcocks in Torquay town hall - the sound was just shit but had a lasting effect on me - nice to have a signed album by the boys - have the single Ever fallen in love with .......... and Silk Torpedo !

Last edited:

Gazolba

Song to celebrate England winning the U17 World Cup.
One of my favourite bands: Squire.
Turn the volume up for this one!

Last edited:

torchomatic

I thought I would be the only person to have heard of Squire! I bought most of their stuff at the time as I was a little moddy boy back then.

Gazolba

I thought I would be the only person to have heard of Squire! I bought most of their stuff at the time as I was a little moddy boy back then.
I discovered them a couple of years ago. Some guy on Youtube had a playlist of 'mod-revival' music and Squire were buried in there.
Once I discovered them, I searched out all their songs. They do a really good version of "September Gurls".
I also just discovered on Youtube something you may be interested in, it's an interview with Johnny Echols the lead guitarist with Love:

torchomatic

I discovered them a couple of years ago. Some guy on Youtube had a playlist of 'mod-revival' music and Squire were buried in there.
Once I discovered them, I searched out all their songs. They do a really good version of "September Gurls".
I also just discovered on Youtube something you may be interested in, it's an interview with Johnny Echols the lead guitarist with Love:

yes their version of September Gurls is pretty good. saw them live a couple of times back on the early 80s. still have a few of their records and CDs somewhere.

torchomatic

1509458779609979395788.jpg another day, another slab of Buzzcocks vinyl.

mechaishida

Foo Fighters -- The Best Of

Only got it cos the playlist cuts through the enormous amount of dross this band has recorded.
Still too much power drumming on the more melodic tracks, but All My Life makes tractor dodging fuuuun...

Users who are viewing this thread