What needs to happen in Jan window (1 Viewer)

Otis

It’s a real person, she posts the same things on Facebook under ‘Geoffrey Proctor-Brown’ which I assume is her husband
She could well be both Geoffrey Proctor-Brown AND Ann Proctor-Brown, depending on which days she has been taking the potion.

Fredric March Horror Classics GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Great_Expectations

It’s obvious to all we need a Hamer replacement. Far easier said than done, and we have to be realistic we aren’t getting a like for like, but some creativity and drive from midfield is sorely lacking.

Not sure how you buy this, as the position has to come first, but we absolutely need a leader.

However key to all of it is MR; he’s needs to decide our formation, tactics and style of play before spending any more cash.

calibrase6

Fadz in a back four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ina back four the full backs wont push as far forward so actually he would be less exposed if those full backs are Bidwell and Lats. we are currently playing a 3-4-1-2 formation. When we lose the ball the wing backs are caught up field which means the two wide centre backs are being pulled out wider leaving Fadz more exposed. we could go to a proper 5-3-2 with Bidwell and Latz as the defensive wing backs but if we play Sheaf and Eccles that means only 3 attacking players and i dont think we would be potent enough. Our principle issues are out wide where way too many crosses are coming in.

SBbucks

Out:

3 senior keepers - Collins is new, Wilson is not Champ standard and Moore has an easy life. Moore needs to be sent out on loan at least if not a free. Sign a quality keeper if Collins isn’t given a chance and proves his worth.

Fadz - not quite out of the door but he moves to the bench as a back up player. He’s out the door in summer for sure.

Ayari - back to Brighton. Waste of space and money. Doesn’t have the balls for Championship football.

CoH - if he hasn’t signed a contract by Xmas move him out if someone offers a big transfer fee for him, an even a few million? He can of course talk to any clubs from Jan. However, is it worth just keeping him till the end of the season and say farewell? Quite possibly as we won’t be able to replace him quality wise. Depends on his fitness as well.

Tavares - he’s never a Championship footballer and he needs to be sent out on loan to regain fitness and game time.

In:

GK - top quality keeper needed. I like Johansson of Rotherham.

CB - we need a quality CB who knows this division. Just get whoever that is to replace Fadz. It’s a priority.

CM - we need a dynamic midfield player who can hit the ground running. Box to box action player. Will cost a decent sum no doubt.

CM - need another experienced CM player who knows this division and can be relied upon. Could be a loan.

ST - potentially if Tavares sent out.

And now back on planet earth - possibly one CM in and Moore out on loan/free.

Macca1987

Ina back four the full backs wont push as far forward so actually he would be less exposed if those full backs are Bidwell and Lats. we are currently playing a 3-4-1-2 formation. When we lose the ball the wing backs are caught up field which means the two wide centre backs are being pulled out wider leaving Fadz more exposed. we could go to a proper 5-3-2 with Bidwell and Latz as the defensive wing backs but if we play Sheaf and Eccles that means only 3 attacking players and i dont think we would be potent enough. Our principle issues are out wide where way too many crosses are coming in.
You cannot play Lats at RB/RWB it showed how out of position and not knowing the role on Saturday at Preston, it needs to be MVE or Tats, plus please, please, please MR let's try and get to a settled side and stick with it for three or more games

Cally Fedora

I’d prioritise two. We look really exposed without Sheaf so we need a nuts and bolts midfielder. Then a creative midfielder in the Hamer mould. Be happy to return Ayari to free up some wages

Nuskyblue

Been saying for ages we shoulda got this bloke in the summer

Apparently they knocked back a £3mil bid for him in the summer

calibrase6

You cannot play Lats at RB/RWB it showed how out of position and not knowing the role on Saturday at Preston, it needs to be MVE or Tats, plus please, please, please MR let's try and get to a settled side and stick with it for three or more games
MVE has been disappointing and needs a kick up the rear end and sitting on the bench may bruise his ego and get him to up his game as he has the attributes to be an outstanding player

ccfc1234

We need to sell Moore or let him move on for free. We need to get some loans sorted for the fringe players like JO up front who looks like a prospect who needs exposure.

Be nice to do 2 bits of loan business at ACM, ST.

Sick Boy

We need to sell Moore or let him move on for free. We need to get some loans sorted for the fringe players like JO up front who looks like a prospect who needs exposure.

Be nice to do 2 bits of loan business at ACM, ST.
No one would pay any money for Moore and there’s zero incentive for him to move until his contracts up, especially as he’d be dropping down a division or two.

We’ve spent closer to 10m on strikers, we’re not going to be looking to bring in more on loan.

Hincha

Still a striker down. Unless you seriously think Tavares is an option
Can’t complain that Wright isn’t getting enough minutes and want another new striker in the same breath.

4th choice will get next to no minutes. Taveres is perfect.

shmmeee

Can’t complain that Wright isn’t getting enough minutes and want another new striker in the same breath.

4th choice will get next to no minutes. Taveres is perfect.

I want a third choice striker who can play central in a three. Maybe Simms, but Simms seemed really good in that wider role.

ccfc1234

No one would pay any money for Moore and there’s zero incentive for him to move until his contracts up, especially as he’d be dropping down a division or two.

We’ve spent closer to 10m on strikers, we’re not going to be looking to bring in more on loan.
We may as well pay Moore up to go. Still think we are a forward light and an injury would leave us exposed.

slowpoke

We are a striker light and the main three whoever the pairing are are not good enough by a long chalk don’t care if we loan or buy and If Taveres comes back successful great but I won’t be holding my breath and yes we also need a midfielder maybe even two but we need him or them early January & not 22.59 on the 31st.

ProfessorbyGrace

It’s a real person, she posts the same things on Facebook under ‘Geoffrey Proctor-Brown’ which I assume is her husband
Proctor-Brown…procdoc…doctor poolittle…

Seems to be an awful lot of proctorial/cack related names floating around. (Pun intended).

January transfer window: DMF (ball playing, box to box), back up RB/RWB and I’d honestly like another option up front. Utilise that loan market, and not only add numbers and depth, but ship out the likes of Moore and some of the fringe youngsters to get their game time up.

No idea who we could actually get in the Hamer mold.

Skybluedownunder

Apparently they knocked back a £3mil bid for him in the summer

If we coulda picked him up somewhere close to that price, at his age being 19 there would have been huge chance to develop into a bigger fee but it’s a hell of a lot for a 19 year old so I get it.

Scoring as many as he did last season in League One is impressive though

SBAndy

We need a new forward to play until the rest get up to speed (suggest Armstrong QPR) would be my choice and a midfield player

Sinclair Armstrong would have been a great addition in the summer. Young enough to develop considerably, a lot of similarities to Vik in terms of playing style, quick AND strong. Goal return not the best at present but I think he could get there.

Nuskyblue

If we coulda picked him up somewhere close to that price, at his age being 19 there would have been huge chance to develop into a bigger fee but it’s a hell of a lot for a 19 year old so I get it.

Scoring as many as he did last season in League One is impressive though

True, I think he is being looked at by some German teams as well which might be priced into his thinking.

chinamans view

This is what Hamer said 2 days after Sheff Utd move, to my daughter directly (quote) I was waiting to sign contract Doug said had been arranged, then he rang me to say they had agreed a fee with Sheff Utd, and i was to travel to see them, so it was Doug that decided . that was the quote from his mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread