what song should the players run out to on the 5th of september ? (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

Glad all over was used by us way back in the 60's, so where you get copying Palace from i'll never know! On the chorus it was deafening from our fans (Banging the seats, walls, spinning rattles.)

ccfctommy

19. Its a shit song, it doesn't get you excited or pumped up or into the game. It was so much better when we walked out to 'Be Somebody' by The Enemy

God I hated Be Somebody. The verse sounds like a nursery rhyme. Never minded MR Blue Sky. Also, music, whatever it is, does not scare the shit out of the opposition.

Just play no music when we score and i'll be fine :)

Moff

If it were an album, perhaps Steven Pressley could choose, 'Never Mind The Bollocks' by the Sex Pistols, in honour of what he does every time Tim Fisher speaks.

Moff

Tim Fisher's therapist treating his bullshititus suggested playing 'The Drugs Dont Work' by the Verve

or

for all us fans remembering when we originally played at the Ricoh, 'Do You remember the First time' by Pulp ;)

bigfatronssba

Not sure how Mr Blue Sky can be described as weak? It has an excellent drum beat which is perfect for a crowd of people to clap along to.

ollyservetta

the instrumental stiff little fingers use in the intro to coming on stage is a cracking build up to get the atmosphere bubbling

bigfatronssba

I find it horribly insipid and uninspiring. If we're all about drum beats may as well go:

[video=youtube;NO_fx1WshCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO_fx1WshCA[/video]

But that isn't a steady drum beat is it? It would be near impossible to get a crowd of people to clap to that.

You want a song that the crowd can either sing along to, or clap along to. Mr Blue Sky fits at least one of those.

ajsccfc

Mr Blue Sky's all bouncy and cheery. It may have a hint of cheese but I'd take it over a lot of the dramatic and bombastic nonsense football seems to attract to come across as super serious (related, look how many kit launch pictures have players trying to look intimidating with the apocalypse Photoshopped in behind them. You're selling t-shirts)

jimmyhillsfanclub

We are coventry city, so its got to be either our own jimmy hills eaton boating song or one of the specials chooons......we are cov....so lets kep it cov.

Johnnythespider

We are coventry city, so its got to be either our own jimmy hills eaton boating song or one of the specials chooons......we are cov....so lets kep it cov.
Ok, then might I suggest Concrete Jungle, the beat is perfect for clapping and chanting City to

It gets the fans pumped up, like Twist and Shout You either want to pump the fans up or put fear into the hearts of the opposing players

chickentikkamasala

Just to add this is the perfect opportunity for the club to engage with the fans in making decisions of things like this, also with the seating arrangements for away fans.

Covkid1968#

'Underdog' by Kasabian...not for any particular meaning but the intro is immense.

Maybe after the 93rd minute, The Cure, 'Boys don't cry'??

Just been sick in the mouth with Kasabian...the knicker stitchers up the M69 would wet themselves. :)

Specials version of Liquidator or Guns of naverone please

Seaside-Skyblue

[quote name="turlykerd" post=761355]i am sooo resisting the temptation to click play
Just imagine 25,000 city fans bellowing out live on Sky I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO PUT IN YOU while Pressley dresses up in jockstrap, bow tie, and enormous... hat.
It'd be a memorable occasion! [/QUOTE] can't say Pressley in a jock strap does it for me...

Last edited:
W

westcountry_skyblue

Got to be Liar by the Sex Pistols surely aimed at Fish face !!! All singing it !!!

rondog1973

Have always thought Cov should run out to Guns of Navarone by the Skatalites. No real link other than the Ska connection, but it's suitably anthemic and I love the ragged glory of it.

Definitely NO tune played when/if we score.

Users who are viewing this thread