What we all said where will we finish last August (1 Viewer)

hill83

It's amusing seeing people say if we sign Jennings we are on for a good season, without actually knowing anything about him.

Delboycov

I think Otis will be closest with his predictions from the start of the season if I remember rightly although I don't think he would've forseen quite how this would all pan out!

Otis

Wouldn't be surprised now if we finish nowhere near 14th now Dellboy to be honest.

Am expecting a slump.

The whole club is in the doldrums. There must be uncertainty amongst the players too you would have thought. All this negativity could well take its toll on the squad.

Delboycov

Wouldn't be surprised now if we finish nowhere near 14th now Dellboy.

Am expecting a slump.

The whole club is in the doldrums. There must be uncertainty amongst the pilayers too you would have thought.

I think you may be right Otis...or wrong as the case maybe! Good call from you 'early doors' though ;-)

Colonel Mustard

WTF! Grendel said top 2!?

To be fair, he wasn't that far off the mark.

He said "Start is critical and if we win our first game that should remove fears of away form early. Most of the early games are winnable. So promotion is what I am going for."

Take off those first seven games under Thorn and Shaw, and CCFC have averaged 1.72 points per game - good enough for 2nd place.

Otis

Two names that send shivers down my spine and they both begin with a 'Th' at the start of their names.

Thorn and Thatcher.

:eek:

Mucca Mad Boys

To be fair, he wasn't that far off the mark.

He said "Start is critical and if we win our first game that should remove fears of away form early. Most of the early games are winnable. So promotion is what I am going for."

Take off those first seven games under Thorn and Shaw, and CCFC have averaged 1.72 points per game - good enough for 2nd place.

I weren't disagreeing, I said top 4 minimum, I realistically thought autos was realistic, but poor start and us bottling it has cost us this.

Mucca Mad Boys

Actually, Dm was the most significant contributor of goals (if not sole provider) in at least 5 games.

Its at LEAST 15 points!

cov almost certainly would be down but for him - Thanks DM YOU saved city

The maths has already been done - bore off.

I reckon Clarke's goals has won us more points than McG, McG is still obviously better. Which reminds me, you're all quiet about Clarke now.

stupot07

It's amusing seeing people say if we sign Jennings we are on for a good season, without actually knowing anything about him.

Yep, and fry was bigging up our proposed midfield of Jennings, Thomas, Barton and fleck......

Otis

If he'd have been manager you'd have to think we would have been relegated by now. ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

There's always an element of risk with new signings, I don't think we should be laughing at those who chose to be optimistic over new signings even though a lot have failed to deliver. Nothing wrong with optimism

mark82

Actually, Dm was the most significant contributor of goals (if not sole provider) in at least 5 games.

Its at LEAST 15 points!

cov almost certainly would be down but for him - Thanks DM YOU saved city

Are you his agent or something? Love child? Secret gay lover?

Nonleagueherewecome

Otis

Preston Probably would have been if it hadn't been for them having that prat Westley at the helm.

Good call on the rest of them mind.

CJparker

I had said 8th would be a decent result - we might still get there.

Users who are viewing this thread