What's the possibility of us being at The Butts next season? (2 Viewers)

Gibbo

Yeah be great getting a full house of 3,000-5,000 in League One when we could be getting 15,000 plus at the Ricoh.
Or 11000 that feels like a mausoleum, which it does

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Could be interesting in the next couple of months , if wasps keep losing will the local public who we know to be fickle still keep going up? I spoke to a wasps supporting friend the other day and he said he was disappointed with the 150 years game crowd

If their attendances drop do we strengthen our hand?

fernandopartridge

Could be interesting in the next couple of months , if wasps keep losing will the local public who we know to be fickle still keep going up? I spoke to a wasps supporting friend the other day and he said he was disappointed with the 150 years game crowd

If their attendances drop do we strengthen our hand?

He could hardly expect a great turnout for the 150th birthday, to most people around here they're only a couple of years old!

torchomatic

Liquid Gold

The Ricoh is ok at best with a high attendance. What people forget is football isn't just about the 90 minutes inside the ground its the hours before and after kick off too. Going up to a retail park in Bedworth is shit compared to a city centre ground like Highfield Road. I'm not saying we should move to the Butts because I don't think we could make it work but IF we could have a 25k ground near the centre I'd be all for it.

In the premier league I'd much rather be in Spurs' position where their spanking new stadium is built on top of the old one than west ham moving to that soulless bowl away from their base.

In answer to the question though we'll be at the Ricoh. London Wasps can't secure sponsorship for the thing based on the possibility of us leaving, if we were out then they would have to accept pennies and those bonds aren't going to pay themselves back.

torchomatic

And Richardson and Robbins and everybody just so you dilute it a bit more.

Without going over the same ground again, Richardson and Robinson had a hand in the precarious position we find ourselves in. As have SISU and the Council. If anyone is trying to dilute and re-write history, it certainly isn't me. Anyway, you can go and fish with someone else.

skybluetony176

Aren’t they supposed to be putting a 3G pitch down in the summer? Wouldn’t that rule the BPA out on it’s own? Pretty sure they’re banned by the FL and FA.

Captain Dart

and that is my point - a small stadium at full capacity will have a better atmosphere then a 32,000 seater less then 1/4 full
Maybe but will the safety committee allow a 5000 seat stadium to be used for a game where demand is likely to be 7000 minimum, and 10,000 if we are promoted.
I think there will be objections, not least from local residents.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Maybe but will the safety committee allow a 5000 seat stadium to be used for a game where demand is likely to be 7000 minimum, and 10,000 if we are promoted.
I think there will be objections, not least from local residents.
I've changed my mind let's go for the Butts shows our owners and fans ambitions. My father is going to get such a bollocking from me when we meet again.

ccfcway

Aren’t they supposed to be putting a 3G pitch down in the summer? Wouldn’t that rule the BPA out on it’s own? Pretty sure they’re banned by the FL and FA.

nothing to do with this thread, but did I read that England played on one last night ?

skybluebeduff

No chance. We will be at the Ricoh next season on another short term deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hope so mate, some Idiot on another site has bet me £50 that we're playing at The Butts next season, reckons he knows it's a done deal but won't say anything else. I've took the bet and i'm hoping to win it for charity. Because I know he's full of shite, SISU won't pay money to bring that stadium up to FA standards.

jimmyhillsfanclub

He could hardly expect a great turnout for the 150th birthday, to most people around here they're only a couple of years old!

Indeed......wasps are cheeky cunts......the real wasps are the club with the history going back 150 years......and they still play in greater london.....

....these jonny-come-lately franchise cunts have only been around since the game went pro in 1997......so thats 1 ground & 130 years of someone elses heritage they've nicked......cunts.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Indeed......wasps are cheeky cunts......the real wasps are the club with the history going back 150 years......and they still play in greater london.....

....these jonny-come-lately franchise cunts have only been around since the game went pro in 1997......so thats 1 ground & 120 years of someone elses heritage they've nicked......cunts.

I like you when you're angry.

Ashdown

I enjoy my trips to the BPA and I do believe that Cov rugby have ambitions to build another stand on the other side to the current one but this will only likely increase the capacity to about 4500 seated with some standing at either end. segregation would be possible but not easy at present. In short a lot of work and expense required to bring it up to standard. There are so many rough edges at present that would not be acceptable for football fans like stony car parks { full of potential missiles} limited toilet facilities, parking and access issues, traffic problems outside.
This could be a cracking little stadium if uplifted to around 6000 capacity for Cov rugby in the Championship, with some infrastructure changes outside the ground by the local authorities and some investment within the complex. How much would that cost though and where would the money come from ?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The BPA is awfull compared to the Ricoh and I go to both. But if you want a lower league ground and are comfortable with it then no wonder the cunts who own the club feel they can do anything they fucking like the fucking cunts.

Nick

Administrator
The BPA is awfull compared to the Ricoh and I go to both. But if you want a lower league ground and are comfortable with it then no wonder the cunts who own the club feel they can do anything they fucking like the fucking cunts.

The way to show it won't be viable (I don't think it is going to happen at the Butts) is to start packing the Ricoh out and getting people down there. ;)

clint van damme

The Ricoh is fine when there's a decent crowd there. The problem has been that we built a Premier League stadium, but have resided in Leagues One and Two.

I think it's awful, but I wouldn't want to move to the Butts.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The way to show it won't be viable (I don't think it is going to happen at the Butts) is to start packing the Ricoh out and getting people down there. ;)
Why should they do that with people who are quite happy watching low quality football and would welcome low quality facilities. Want this type of fucking shit than premier league. Who love the idea of getting out of their skulls because there's loads of pubs near the Butts. The football is secondary to so many it seems. So fuck the Ricoh put up a couple of temporary stands at the Butts that'll show everybody. All we get on here is how crap the Ricoh is well let me tell you it's great ask the away supporters who come here what they think. Waiting for I've got friends who support X,Y who thought it was shit

Otis

Why should they do that with people who are quite happy watching low quality football and would welcome low quality facilities. Want this type of fucking shit than premier league. Who love the idea of getting out of their skulls because there's loads of pubs near the Butts. The football is secondary to so many it seems. So fuck the Ricoh put up a couple of temporary stands at the Butts that'll show everybody. All we get on here is how crap the Ricoh is well let me tell you it's great ask the away supporters who come here what they think. Waiting for I've got friends who support X,Y who thought it was shit
I don't get it. I take it everyone has changed their minds then.

When the Ricoh opened and there was a free look around open day everyone I bumped into were going 'Wow! It's stunning' 'brilliant' 'fantastic' etc. etc. Never saw anyone who said it wasn't a beautiful looking stadium.

So, can only assume people now don't like it only because it's never full and therefore lacks atmosphere. Fill it and it becomes an entirely different stadium.

Is there a thread somewhere about that first open day look around, Nick? Am guessing it is pre SBT.

Nick

Administrator

People would obviously prefer CCFC to be in the Champions League, just because they are "happy" watching CCFC still then fair play to them.

I'd go and watch CCFC if they moved to the Butts or were at the Ricoh. The Butts is more of a hassle to get to for me, but will be easier for others and vice versa.

I'm not overly bothered about pubs around it as I do just go and watch football, so that's the primary one.

We won't be moving to the Butts so if it is all "if's and what's" but if for example the fans / AN Other took over tomorrow and we had the option of renting the Ricoh or CCFC owning a 15k stadium for example then I would much prefer the second one still. I'd much prefer something that fits our needs for every week rather than "what if we get a big cup game" and having 20k empty seats every week.

Users who are viewing this thread