What's your favourite drink (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
k takes me back Nick been ill many times after drinking that in Silvers

Judging by your location.

How about these in the Pen and Wig? Strictly at the back bar only...

41qXvGAyyUL._SX385_.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

Judging by your location.

How about these in the Pen and Wig? Strictly at the back bar only...

41qXvGAyyUL._SX385_.jpg

Don't think I ever went in there, probably drunk breaker at some point but can't remember for sure later in the night must have drank some awful stuff over the years

Nick

Administrator
Don't think I ever went in there, probably drunk breaker at some point but can't remember for sure later in the night must have drank some awful stuff over the years

From Nuneaton but never went in the Pen and Wig? I bet you are going to say you don't wear white socks next or say "bab"

Terry Gibson's perm

From Nuneaton but never went in the Pen and Wig? I bet you are going to say you don't wear white socks next or say "bab"

Only live here here I am on missionary work;), I am a Coventry boy lived in Whitmore Park and Keresley. No don't own a pair of white socks or say bab and say Bedworth not Bedduff

Otis

Hardly ever drink coffee, or indeed, tea

I'm boring. Just water and fruit juice for me.

scubasteve

I used to be a lager drinker, but tend to drink ales now as they have more flavour and are less gassy (but I still don't mind a peroni or corona now and then). Also love a cognac at the end of the night when im full of ale. The only problem is my tastes have got more expensive over the years.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bud was £9 for 12 in booze busters
Happy Friday

Covstu

Nice cold corona goes down a treat! Live a decent malt and can't beat a proper coffee in the morning or during cycling in a cafe break!

dancers lance

loved this stuff and caffreys

100% agree, I loved a pint or 6 of the old Premier, went down nice and smooth, didn't make you bloated, thus, allowing me to get my full groove on to shakademus and pliers at the end of the night, which i'm sure was a special treat for the ladies!

Sky_Blue_Daz

100% agree, I loved a pint or 6 of the old Premier, went down nice and smooth, didn't make you bloated, thus, allowing me to get my full groove on to shakademus and pliers at the end of the night, which i'm sure was a special treat for the ladies!

Now your talking bit of shakademus followed by sugar hill gang rappers delight

dancers lance

Now your talking bit of shakademus followed by sugar hill gang rappers delight

Rappers Delight = one of the greatest tunes ever created, your taste in music is most admirable.

dancers lance

Let's get back to the drinks...........who of us didn't enjoy a bottle of Thunderbird's followed by a Special K/Kestrel Super Strength snakebite......hey? the good old days.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bottles of Skol

Although I remember as a young fella going to the Smithfield and to be be fair they had a relaxed view on under age drinking bottles of Autumn gold for 80p

chiefdave

Although I remember as a young fella going to the Smithfield and to be be fair they had a relaxed view on under age drinking bottles of Autumn gold for 80p

Underage drinking never used to be such a big deal. I remember the police coming to our school to do the don't do drugs talk and openly saying they weren't bothered about underage drinkers if they weren't causing trouble. That would have been in the late 80s. You'd never get that now.

eastwoodsdustman

Let's get back to the drinks...........who of us didn't enjoy a bottle of Thunderbird's followed by a Special K/Kestrel Super Strength snakebite......hey? the good old days.

As kids a load of us used to go from Walsgrave into town. Start at the Craven Arms, Millpooll, Bulls Head and then hit the Offy at the bottom of gosford street for some Thunderbirds. Then onto the Bug and hit Studio's for a good night.

dancers lance

As kids a load of us used to go from Walsgrave into town. Start at the Craven Arms, Millpooll, Bulls Head and then hit the Offy at the bottom of gosford street for some Thunderbirds. Then onto the Bug and hit Studio's for a good night.

Studio 21......wow, that was the first 'club' I ever went in, I was 13 and had my mates brothers passport who was 23 and had a full beard in the photo, the bouncers just laughed at me, said that it was one of the funniest things they had ever seen, pushed me inside and said 'have a good night'

bringbackrattles

Studio 21......wow, that was the first 'club' I ever went in, I was 13 and had my mates brothers passport who was 23 and had a full beard in the photo, the bouncers just laughed at me, said that it was one of the funniest things they had ever seen, pushed me inside and said 'have a good night'
I was 15 and at Caludon Castle and had my first drinking session in the Jolly Colliers pub on Woodway Lane.I got hammered on pints of mild ! The landlord back then didn't give a toss at your age as long as you could pay for your beer,and me and my school mates went in there a couple of times during the week,and never ever got asked for I.D.even though we sat there wearing our uniform !

Users who are viewing this thread